RINO HUNTING

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

RINO HUNTING

Postby Sculptor » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:19 am

I just wondered what the rightards on the form thought about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt7EIuRUHV8

Here are some questions:
Does this not count as incitement to violence?
IN the UK this would lead to an arrest. I'm guessing this violence is protected in some way in the US.
If the guy were black and exhorting people to hunt white people, would he now be in gaol regardless of constitutional protections?
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Re: RINO HUNTING

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:29 pm

_
Just, wow!

What part of him thought that that would go down well or even be acceptable. :shock:
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby derleydoo » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:24 pm

MagsJ wrote:_
Just, wow!

What part of him thought that that would go down well or even be acceptable. :shock:

It's the United States, MagsJ.

Acceptable? The example of inciting hatred - and riots - comes from the top.

They've gotten themselves into a bit of a pickle over there. Goodness knows how it will end.
derleydoo
Thinker

Postby Sculptor » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:08 pm

Just, wow!

The part of him that is protected by the 1st amendment, sadly.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Sculptor » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:10 pm

derleydoo wrote:
Just, wow!

They've gotten themselves into a bit of a pickle over there. Goodness knows how it will end.

We saw how it ended on Jan 6th with Trump's insurrection.
It can only continue to end in more bloodshed.
And all this is because of homophobia.
What a vile country.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:30 pm

Just, wow!

this is normal for the right wing in america.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:31 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
MagsJ wrote:Just, wow!

this is normal for the right wing in america.

What..! being crazy?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:35 pm

they are pandering to their base
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:20 pm

Sculptor wrote:
derleydoo wrote:
MagsJ wrote:Just, wow!

We saw how it ended on Jan 6th with Trump's insurrection.
It can only continue to end in more bloodshed.
And all this is because of homophobia.
What a vile country.

Homophobia.. regarding Nic Fuentes? ..the video did say ‘Republicans in name only’.

I know he had been losing popularity within the Party over the last year, so I think that.

MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:38 pm

RINO means, "any republican who doesn't show fealty to trumpism'.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Sculptor » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:51 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:RINO means, "any republican who doesn't show fealty to trumpism'.

It means a small number of Republicans who still have some credibility and honour like Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:06 am

or the daughter of Dick Cheney...Liz Cheney. Dick Cheney's daughter isn't republican enough for the urwrong's of the world. she doesn't show fealty to trump
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Sculptor » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:13 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:or the daughter of Dick Cheney...Liz Cheney. Dick Cheney's daughter isn't republican enough for the urwrong's of the world. she doesn't show fealty to trump

Good point.

I worry about urwrong.
Of course in the UK we have a similar blonde moron called Boris. In a vote of no confidence 148 MPs voted against him. That is 41% of his own MPs. No PM has ever stayed on with such a dreadful showing.
But Boris is in denial of his unpopularity.

I'm not sure when it happened but at some point the world changed and honour and decency were flushed down the shitter.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:37 am

Sculptor wrote:Good point.

I worry about urwrong.
Of course in the UK we have a similar blonde moron called Boris. In a vote of no confidence 148 MPs voted against him. That is 41% of his own MPs. No PM has ever stayed on with such a dreadful showing.
But Boris is in denial of his unpopularity.

I'm not sure when it happened but at some point the world changed and honour and decency were flushed down the shitter.

Yeah.. when people started using words like 'shitter’.

MagsJ

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:30 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:or the daughter of Dick Cheney...Liz Cheney. Dick Cheney's daughter isn't republican enough for the urwrong's of the world. she doesn't show fealty to trump

I'm old enough to remember when the Cheney's were hated by Democrats, Liberals, and Leftists.

Oh how things change
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:01 am

deflection. appeal to hypocrisy.

is cheney not repubican enough for you? are you kicking her out of the party because she doesn't show fealty to trump?
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:37 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:appeal to hypocrisy.

That's not even a thing
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:45 am

its literally the tu quoque fallacy

remember the other day when i said that you were bad at discernment? this is the shit i'm talking about. you've got "easy mark" tattooed on your forehead
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Sculptor » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:50 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:

I'm old enough to remember when the Cheney's were hated by Democrats, Liberals, and Leftists.

Oh how things change

There was a good reason for the. Cheney ran the country as President without mandate because Baby Bush was too lazy and stupid to do it for himself. As Vice-P he was immune from the sort of scrutiny that a real President was; a failure of the constitutional process.

How things change? That's all you got?
When the most corrupt politician in the years up to Trump is too much of a centrist to follow the BigFatBabyIQ45 Man then why are you not asking what do you think is going on.
You just do not seem to see the most basic horror.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:56 am

they literally ran mitt romney against obama. that wasn't that long ago. pretty sure the right considers him a leftist now...while simultaneously pumping urwrong's head full of propaganda about how the left has become so radical. like i said...they can sort out who the easy marks are and they're playing these types for suckers. i guarantee you that urwrong has sent money to trump or some random pac to help "stop the steal" or whatever. he's so emotionally invested in it at this point that he doesn't even know what to do. can't face the facts right in front of him. the motherfucker is listening to dinesh dsouza and the fucking my pillow guy. thinks that all the normal people in the world have fallen for the most elaborate conspiracy in the history of the world and that the fucking my pillow guy is the one who knows the real truth. there are a lot of people like this. it's just wild.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Return to Society, Government, and Economics