OK, liberals are wrong? what is the alternative?

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: OK, liberals are wrong? what is the alternative?

Postby Mad Man P » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:50 am

Sculptor wrote:Why is it not just a problem of allowing people to live their own lives?

I can't tell if this is a serious question... but I'll treat it like it is...

That very much is the project in much of western society, but the extent to which that's possible and functional is limited and figuring out where those limits are or ought be is the difficult part.
An obvious limit is you can't live your life however you please, when it impedes someone else from doing the same... another obvious limit is in functionality, as certain lifestyles are self-destructive and unsustainable, even though you might have chosen to live that way willingly, it may well crash down around you and when it does you become a problem for everyone else... so there'd be a reason for everyone else to care and intervene before you self-destruct. Cultivating a drug addiction, especially if you are a parent, for example...

But also more generally, you want a society to have some shared values and joint projects so as to feel somewhat connected to each other and to foster a sense of solidarity and community... if subcultures were to drift off and become too discordant with others, you'd find your nation to be more and more divided and the people self-segregating into their camps with wildly different values, wishing to live by different rules and governed in different ways... culminating in either a war over dominance or a fracture into two or more different nation states... unless common ground is found and cultivated.

On a more personal level, you ought be able to choose who you wish to befriend and who you would rather avoid... for whatever reason suits you, even if it's just because they masticate in a way you dislike, nevermind more important traits. Yet there's no denying that the greatest burden on those who are, shall we say different, is this lack of acceptance... tolerance, gives you legal rights and freedoms, even prevents bullying... but it won't make you friends nor less lonely. But when people push for acceptance over tolerance we run into an odd predicament.... how do we solve this problem of being a social outcast with no friends without impeding an individual's freedom to choose the company they keep?

The post-modern solution is something akin to cultural programming... social engineering... the very thought of that should send shivers down your spine if you're concerned with individual freedom. The very intention here is to control what people think and value through propaganda and social pressure, often targeting kids, that intention alone should make you worry... nevermind if they succeed.

In this instance, we might say the ends justify the means and not show much concern... but there isn't a single person who wouldn't be mighty concerned if such an effort was made by their political opponents, or worse a religious sect, not their own. The problem is that once we start down this path, the next asshole to get hold of the social engineering machinery we put in place, might have less benevolent changes in mind. Which is why we might argue no one should have this power... even if that means some people will suffer because we're powerless to intervene.

I hope that answers your question...
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Mad Man P
Philosopher

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:48 am

The alternative to Liberalism is Conservativism.

Have a beautiful wife, with lots of healthy children, all unvaxxed and pure blooded.

Homeschooled of course, the only way to Educate the future generations is to pull them out of the leeching, diseased, failed State-run propaganda and indoctrination centers.

All public schooling should be defunded; all schools and colleges in the United States should be boarded up and shuttered.

No more stealing money from Republicans/Conservatives and into the failed welfare states of Democrats/Liberals, waste of money, and it's theft.

Corporations already own the minds of the average idiot anyway.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:50 am

origami wrote:Rap you can just turn off or go do something else.

Not unless that's the most popular kind of music at the time and you're not an adult. Young people are impressionable and you can sell them absolutely anything you want if you give it a bit of a push. They won't turn it off, they will like it, and then they may end up dead or in jail. Have you seen the video that I posted? Private prison industry uses rap music to keep their business running. I guess one way for the government to reduce the population is to fill their prisons with a portion of it. It's been known for a long time that CIA uses art to achieve its ends.
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby origami » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:27 pm

Still. I can't see how that remotely compares to children, as you say impressionable, sitting for hours on hours listening to some fat bastard who thinks on the first day, Marx created time.

Rap is good. Rap has rhythm, its message is never to let enybody tell you what's what. If anything will save this generation, it's rap.

Rap is out there fighting the good fight and doing battle against the soft world of lesbian art teachers that is the university elite who want to rule with an iron hand to make Goebbles blush.
There's no one thing that's true. It's all true.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby origami » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:30 pm

Again, I must reiterate, children in these places by now rutinely go insane and kill everybody.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:20 am

origami wrote:Again, I must reiterate, children in these places by now rutinely go insane and kill everybody.

I don't want to defend public education but is public education the sole reason behind all those school shootings? You don't think there is a possibility these shootings are false flags? I don't mean completely staged, as in, completely false; but provoked by secret agents working for the government by targeting gullible kids and empowering the worst in them. And the leash could be a bit longer than that.

Rap is good. Rap has rhythm, its message is never to let enybody tell you what's what. If anything will save this generation, it's rap.

Did you watch the video? There are indications that gangsta rap was invented -- yes, literally invented / designed by those at the top -- for the sole purpose of reducing and controlling the population by promoting excessively aggressive, and otherwise degenerate, behavior. The entertainment industry is a part of the fourth branch of the US government, not to be ignored in the least.
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby origami » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:34 am

Magnus Anderson wrote:
origami wrote:Again, I must reiterate, children in these places by now rutinely go insane and kill everybody.

I don't want to defend public education but is public education the sole reason behind all those school shootings? You don't think there is a possibility these shootings are false flags? I don't mean completely staged, as in, completely false; but provoked by secret agents working for the government by targeting gullible kids and empowering the worst in them. And the leash could be a bit longer than that.

Why don't you want to defend public education?
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby origami » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:34 am

Magnus Anderson wrote:Did you watch the video? There are indications that gangsta rap was invented -- yes, literally invented / designed by those at the top

No, certainly not. I am a historian first and foremost, I have traced every element of rap back to its constituents already. This theory is preposterous and dim witted.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:58 pm

So these insiders (such as the retired CIA agent John Homeston) are either fake (i.e. not existing at all) or they are lying or otherwise telling false stories.
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby origami » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:19 pm

Retired CIA agents have been known to make all sorts of claims, some of them not internally consistent.

On the other hand, if the CIA had a campaign to discredit rap because it promotes individuality and critical thinking, getting in touch with an ex agent to put out a video like you describe could be just the vehicle.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby Magnus Anderson » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:22 pm

Yeah, but how do you know any one of that is true? Wouldn't that require doing a bit of research i.e. looking closely into who these people are instead of simply dismissing them as liars and otherwise unreliable people?

On the other hand, it's very hard to think of anything positive when it comes to gangster rap e.g. NWA.
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby origami » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:23 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:Yeah, but how do you know any one of that is true? Wouldn't that require doing a bit of research

Right, which I have done, tracing back to before the CIA was a sparkle in some WW2 general's eyes.

Magnus Anderson wrote: looking closely into who these people are instead of simply dismissing them as liars and otherwise unreliable people?

If someone says that every single car ever made is red, I require no research into those people to conclude they are evidently idiots.

Magnus Anderson wrote:On the other hand, it's very hard to think of anything positive when it comes to gangster rap e.g. NWA.

A matter of taste, I suppose.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:36 pm

origami wrote:
MagsJ wrote:
Magnus Anderson wrote:Gangsta rap was allegedly employed to promote excessive masculinity in an effort to turn men against men thereby eliminating each other. That phase is allegedly over and now they are changing the direction of rap music to something that promotes feminization. Both aim to destroy masculinity. But before you accuse me of being overly concerned with masculinity, note that masculinity isn't the only thing that is under attack. Femininity is too. In general, everything that is healthy, effective and successful is under attack.

Then more fool the idiots that fall for it/succumb to its call.. i.e. the gullible!

Prey on the weak/weak minds, to get to the strong.

Isn't it likelier that, instead, forcing boys to spend the greater part of their day submitting, usually to idiots, but in any case submitting, is what is making them girly? Submitting their will, learning not to trust it, getting victories only when it's sneaking around and becoming libertines? Is it any less harmful for girls, who submit their instincts, their intuition, their thinking?

Rap you can just turn off or go do something else. School, good luck.

Rap is a triumph of the will.

Not rap Per se, but gangster rap.. it is an abhorantion to mine ears.

Not many West Coasters I’m a fan of either.. not many at all.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics