Kemi Badenoch on Knife Violence

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: Kemi Badenoch on Knife Violence

Postby origami » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:09 am

Lol.
There's no one thing that's true. It's all true.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby origami » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:13 am

ok.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby origami » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:48 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:
origami wrote:Or maybe it's because we are too communist and overregulation and overtaxation prices these people out of the market.

Or maybe they should be embarassed that two dudes on the internet are sitting here debating whether they are men who are responsible for their actions.

is anyone really responsible for anything?

Let me ask you something, because I'm curious now. Do other people answer for you? Like do you not consider yourself responsible for yourself?
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:06 am

origami wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:
origami wrote:Or maybe it's because we are too communist and overregulation and overtaxation prices these people out of the market.

Or maybe they should be embarassed that two dudes on the internet are sitting here debating whether they are men who are responsible for their actions.

is anyone really responsible for anything?

Let me ask you something, because I'm curious now. Do other people answer for you? Like do you not consider yourself responsible for yourself?

it depends
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby origami » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:44 am

Obviously, if you had answered "no," that would have constituted answering for yourself.

So we will accept yours as the closest answer to "no" a person that is not responsible for themselves can give.

That's pathetic bro lol other people have to answer for you?
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:56 am

answer to who? who's answering to someone?
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:39 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:answer to who? who's answering to someone?

This post is so stupid, nobody even wants to write a couple sentences to explain it to you.

The CONTEXT is that you are or aren’t accountable to YOURSELF!!!

I understand why people left it alone...

It felt like a chore just saying that!
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:29 pm

not everyone left it alone.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:55 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:yes. those young, poor, greedy people with sob stories need to be punished harder. that's it.

Well.. they were in receipt of Benefits, got more money off of selling drugs, but wanted even more money by robbing the other drug-dealers at knife point. Their family either shipped them back to Ethiopia, and those that weren’t were rounded up and sent to prison.

I’d never seen a more lawless and moral-less bunch of young male refugees, who couldn’t even speak their own language properly.. good riddance to bad rubbish, that stabbed people for less than a Pound and tried to pimp out their female family members.

Some sob story, huh!?

Mr Reasonable wrote:spoiler alert. it's because we aren't communist enough. we need to tax the rich and feed those stabbers so they stop stabbing

Well that didn’t work here.. it just spawned more determined criminals and turned them into killers, was all.. despite being housed and fed by a Welfare State. That wasn’t enough for them.. they wanted more.. they wanted what belonged to others as well.

I weren’t talking about your average street crim here, trying to make some cash to make ends meet.. I don’t think that most people look down on hustlers.. but I weren’t talking about hustlers here.. not even.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:04 pm

Stabbed for less than a pound? Not saying that's right but I would have just given it to them I mean that's not worth getting stabbed over.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:19 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:Stabbed for less than a pound? Not saying that's right but I would have just given it to them I mean that's not worth getting stabbed over.

..stab first, ask questions later.. ain’t you getting the picture yet? They were barely sentient or coherent, let alone reasonable or agreeable.

You ever met those types.. a whole flock of em, trying to stab and mug people off in their own neighbourhoods, come night time?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:12 am

MagsJ wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:Stabbed for less than a pound? Not saying that's right but I would have just given it to them I mean that's not worth getting stabbed over.

..stab first, ask questions later.. ain’t you getting the picture yet? They were barely sentient or coherent, let alone reasonable or agreeable.

You ever met those types.. a whole flock of em, trying to stab and mug people off in their own neighbourhoods, come night time?

some guys tried to sell my friend and i come cocaine in amsterdam and we said he already had some, but he stuck his finger in the cocaine then stuck it in my friend's mouth, then insisted that we pay for what went in his mouth. we were like 20 years old were about to beat the guy up, then some guys like 40 years old about 5 of them came around the corner and started swinging knives at us and i gave them 50 guilders which i think was maybe about 25 dollars. just give them the 25 bucks it's 25 bucks.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby origami » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:11 am

So you think those dudes should be punished for carrying knives, but not for using them to rob you? Is that the thing?
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:38 am

i think they are already being punished. their lives consist of running around splitting up $40 robbery takes between them. think about how sad that really is. i feel sorry for them.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:38 am

if they were bums just asking maybe i'd have less respect for them. at least they're holding onto some dignity and doing the hard work of robbing to try and get by
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby origami » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:40 am

look, I may or may not agree with you, at least about the bum thing, but that is not the question.

The question is where you get off banning knives.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby origami » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:42 am

Like you are ok with all the laws and police and repression involved in banning knives, but are apalled by the comparatively simple solution of just putting wackos who stab random people in prison.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:46 am

origami wrote:look, I may or may not agree with you, at least about the bum thing, but that is not the question.

The question is where you get off banning knives.

i'm not banning knives
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby origami » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:51 am

And I'm not putting poor sob story low lives in prison.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:58 am

well that's good
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby origami » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:02 am

But given the option, I will support sending those low lives to prison over banning knives because some low life is going around stabbing people.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:04 am

everyone should have a knife so that we can all stab each other
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby origami » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:12 am

Or maybe we just deal with the wackos that can't handle the responsibility of carrying a knife.

Or take your option and ban knives for everybody instead? Hire 10x the policemen?

You are such a useless fuck that you cna't be trusted with a knife?
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:16 am

fuck the police
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:32 am

_
..to cut a long story short.. they were tryna make the locals their b*tches and run the block/s. In being known for stabbing people up, they were tryna make everyone fear them so that they would hand over their money and drugs without a fuss, each and every time. Dealers gotta pay suppliers, and would you like to be out of pocket when it came to paying your supplier, with neither the drugs nor the earnings from them to pay them back with.

Because you hate police, you would allow the situation / emotion over reason.. you for real? This is insane thinking.

Someone needs to change their name.. as well as their signature.

MagsJ

PreviousNext

Return to Society, Government, and Economics