Theory: Universal Node

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Theory: Universal Node

Postby Form and Void » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:15 pm

Supermassive black holes form the centers of particular galaxies. There is so much mass concentrated at the center of a supermassive black hole that countless-upon-countless numbers of solar systems, stars, and matter, will rotate around the axis of one supermassive black hole. And according to my Super-Galaxy Theory, small galaxies can even be swallowed up and caught in the loop of Super-Galaxies. Imagine one small galaxy spinning around in the white wash of a counter-rotating Super-Galaxy. It cannot escape the flow of the stream and thus rotates in its contrary direction. Numerous small galaxies can even accumulate inside Super-Galaxies, becoming larger & larger & larger given enough time.

Now imagine if one Super-Galaxy began to accumulate more & more & more & more & more galaxies, adding to the mass of its center, its supermassive black hole at the center and containing dozens, or hundreds, or even trillions of other galaxies.

This is what I would call a "Universal Node".

This thought of mine is completely-original and by my conception. I have never heard of it until I imagined it tonight.

The universe that we live in is a Universal Node. All blackness in the night sky (see the photo above) is not the 'end' of the universe. In fact it is probably the 'beginning'. This blackness could be, and probably-is, a black hole so large that our *ENTIRE UNIVERSE* spins around it. This means that all the galaxies known to mankind are spinning around this Universal Node. It is a black hole so large that *ALL* light that mankind is cognitively-aware of cannot escape its gravitational pull. An 'infinite' amount of Super-Galaxies spin around this Universal Node, which is a black hole so large, that it consumes all the light in the nighttime sky. Even if the Earth makes a complete-revolution and it seems to us that this Universal Node surrounds us on all sides, this is *NOT* necessarily the case because space-time-reality is not-necessarily a flat plane. The light seen on one side of the Earth can be bent to the same degree as the light on the other side of the Earth. Because of this, it is physically-possible for this beyond-comprehensible black hole Universal Node to be the center of trillions of Super-Galaxies.

If this theory is true, then it is also physically-possible for a Multiverse to exist containing different Universal Nodes. But the only node mankind is aware of is the one at the center of our own Super-Galaxy. This cannot be known until Super-Galaxies become categorized.
Philosophers trade & deal in water, you know? ~ The Universe. Everybody drinks water. Sophists choke on water.

If I have learned of anything in life thus far, then I have learned of the absolute existence of Good & Evil ~ Good & Evil exist absolutely. Some men are born to do Good. Some men are born to do Evil. These two forces reassemble & represent the Primal Movement of the Human Spirit, Human Drama, and Human Trauma. Those who pay homage to God are the Good. Those who resist this tribute are Evil. And only the godless are powerless to choose their Fate & Destiny at all.

So come now and let us crucify this Evil! Let us crucify Jesus Christ of Nazareth once again! Let us watch Rome burn to the ground!
Form and Void
BANNED

Re: Theory: Universal Node

Postby Andrej » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:29 pm

Now imagine if one Super-Galaxy began to accumulate more & more & more & more & more galaxies, adding to the mass of its center, its supermassive black hole at the center and containing dozens, or hundreds, or even trillions of other galaxies.

This is what I would call a "Universal Node".

What specifically would cause this to happen? Do you believe this process would be finite, or infinite; unstoppable?

The universe that we live in is a Universal Node. All blackness in the night sky (see the photo above) is not the 'end' of the universe. In fact it is probably the 'beginning'.

The beginning of what? Where is this all going to, following your theory?

If this theory is true, then it is also physically-possible for a Multiverse to exist containing different Universal Nodes. But the only node mankind is aware of is the one at the center of our own Super-Galaxy. This cannot be known until Super-Galaxies become categorized.

So basically this can only become known if this node spreads? Is that what you mean with categorized?

I must say, I've never had any thoughts about this topic prior to reading this, but I must say, it somehow makes sense and you have made interesting observations I can more or less agree with.
Andrej

Postby Form and Void » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Andrej wrote:What specifically would cause this to happen?

The formation of Super-Galaxies would be the direct result of galaxy pathways intersecting one another and colliding.

Andrej wrote:Do you believe this process would be finite, or infinite; unstoppable?

Nothing is impossible. Everything is possible.

Theoretically-speaking there could be developed ways to divert galaxies from colliding by gravitating their masses into different pathways.

Space is very, very similar to an ocean. Think of a galaxy like a mega ship on the water. You can divert its movement but its momentum is huge.

Andrej wrote:The beginning of what?

I meant where is the beginning of anything at all??? There is no reason to believe the Universal Node begins or ends.

Andrej wrote:Where is this all going to, following your theory?

Where is what all going?

If my theory is correct, then galaxies and super-galaxies revolve around a supermassive black hole, a universal node, which appears as the 'center' of our known-universe. Thus all light emitted in the night sky is the result of star systems and galaxies beyond and/or within our own galaxy. All darkness may then be seemingly-emitted by the Universal Node, at the center of our universe, which is a singular black hole.

Andrej wrote:So basically this can only become known if this node spreads? Is that what you mean with categorized?

I mean that the Universal Node cannot truly be known until humanity develops tools of measuring what galaxies are, how much mass they have (relative to nothing), how galaxies move and intersect paths, what Super-Galaxies look like, and especially how our own galaxy consists. Is there a supermassive black hole at the center of our own Milky Way Galaxy? If there is, then how does that affect curvatures in space-time-reality?

Think about how much power & energy it takes for a spaceship to escape the Earth's gravitation field. It takes a lot of conventional fuel because we do not have means of manipulating power & energy to more advanced degrees (yet). But how much conventional fuel would it take to escape our Solar System? And how much conventional fuel would it take to escape our Milky Way Galaxy?

Furthermore there are problems with navigation. Assume that you are headed toward a distant galaxy, what science had supposed to be the "closest" galaxy to the Milky Way. You are flying super-fast in your spaceship but as the days drag on & on & on headed straight for the galaxy ahead, you notice that the galaxy keeps moving off to the left or right or up or down. So you think, "hmmm that's weird", and you correct your navigation to head straight for the galaxy again. The galaxy appears larger & larger but keeps moving off to the side as you travel. You are moving in the wrong direction! So one day you get upset, pinpoint the galaxy again and hit your "super-duper-light-speed button". And then you go take a nap in your cryogenic chamber. You wake up a few years later and go check your navigation system again. It turns out you flew right past the galaxy! And no matter how much you attempt to pinpoint the galaxy and fly toward it, you keep flying the wrong direction.

That is how space works, according to my theories, if you take into account how light becomes bent by matter and/or reality and/or something else.

Andrej wrote:I must say, I've never had any thoughts about this topic prior to reading this, but I must say, it somehow makes sense and you have made interesting observations I can more or less agree with.

I appreciate your saying-so. I believe it makes sense because it is a more simplistic version of the Universe. Science is often very, very wrong and incorrect about theories.

I truly doubt that there ever was a "Big Bang" or that the universe is headed toward "Dead-heat Entropy". I believe my theory is much more reasonable and able to be elaborated very simplistically.
Philosophers trade & deal in water, you know? ~ The Universe. Everybody drinks water. Sophists choke on water.

If I have learned of anything in life thus far, then I have learned of the absolute existence of Good & Evil ~ Good & Evil exist absolutely. Some men are born to do Good. Some men are born to do Evil. These two forces reassemble & represent the Primal Movement of the Human Spirit, Human Drama, and Human Trauma. Those who pay homage to God are the Good. Those who resist this tribute are Evil. And only the godless are powerless to choose their Fate & Destiny at all.

So come now and let us crucify this Evil! Let us crucify Jesus Christ of Nazareth once again! Let us watch Rome burn to the ground!
Form and Void
BANNED

Postby Andrej » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:07 am

Theoretically-speaking there could be developed ways to divert galaxies from colliding by gravitating their masses into different pathways.

Space is very, very similar to an ocean. Think of a galaxy like a mega ship on the water. You can divert its movement but its momentum is huge.

And then? Where do these pathways exactly lead to and why?

I meant where is the beginning of anything at all??? There is no reason to believe the Universal Node begins or ends.

Not necessarily ends, but it does start somewhere; so where?

Think about how much power & energy it takes for a spaceship to escape the Earth's gravitation field. It takes a lot of conventional fuel because we do not have means of manipulating power & energy to more advanced degrees (yet). But how much conventional fuel would it take to escape our Solar System? And how much conventional fuel would it take to escape our Milky Way Galaxy?

I very much doubt I can answer that, but I'm sure it's more than enough.

Furthermore there are problems with navigation. Assume that you are headed toward a distant galaxy, what science had supposed to be the "closest" galaxy to the Milky Way. You are flying super-fast in your spaceship but as the days drag on & on & on headed straight for the galaxy ahead, you notice that the galaxy keeps moving off to the left or right or up or down. So you think, "hmmm that's weird", and you correct your navigation to head straight for the galaxy again. The galaxy appears larger & larger but keeps moving off to the side as you travel. You are moving in the wrong direction! So one day you get upset, pinpoint the galaxy again and hit your "super-duper-light-speed button". And then you go take a nap in your cryogenic chamber. You wake up a few years later and go check your navigation system again. It turns out you flew right past the galaxy! And no matter how much you attempt to pinpoint the galaxy and fly toward it, you keep flying the wrong direction.

That is how space works, according to my theories, if you take into account how light becomes bent by matter and/or reality and/or something else.

It makes pretty much sense to me now, though I am curious; how did you come up with this theory? What led to this thought?

I appreciate your saying-so. I believe it makes sense because it is a more simplistic version of the Universe. Science is often very, very wrong and incorrect about theories.

And often also far too complicated to even understand. This one is much more accessible for the reader.
Andrej

Postby Form and Void » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:48 am

Andrej wrote:And then?

And then nothing special happens. I'm sure galaxies rotate and collide all the time with one another.

Andrej wrote:Where do these pathways exactly lead to and why?

Most cosmic masses rotate around larger masses, as per what science & observation tell us. The Earth leads-itself around the Sun in a circle. Why? ~ do you ask. Why is rather senseless to ask in this case. Why is a circle a circle? I am merely-attempting to comprehend how celestial bodies physically-operate. Earth revolves around the Sun. Our solar system revolves around the Milky Way black hole. And perhaps our Milky Way Galaxy revolves around a Super-Galaxy that also revolves around a Universal Node.

At least, that makes sense to me in my mind for reasons unexplained as-of-yet...

Andrej wrote:Not necessarily ends, but it does start somewhere; so where?

You are assuming there is a 'start' (or end). You should not assume that. For example, where do you-yourself begin and end? Did your life begin at conception, or at birth, or throughout your infancy when memories started forming your conscious Identity? So you tell me where you begin and I will tell you where the Universal Node begins.

Theoretically-speaking, Everything begins from the same starting pointing. (which is undefined)

Andrej wrote:It makes pretty much sense to me now, though I am curious; how did you come up with this theory? What led to this thought?

Dreams. Bending light with my consciousness mind. Black stars in the sky.

What led me to this thought was the black hole sitting inside my Ego; it destroys Everything. And it is very, very heavy & super-massive.

Form and Void
BANNED

Postby MagsJ » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:50 pm

Form and Void wrote:
Andrej wrote:...though I am curious; how did you come up with this theory? What led to this thought?

What led me to this thought was the black hole sitting inside my Ego; it destroys Everything. And it is very, very heavy & super-massive.

I have often thought/felt that everything is a reflection of the structure/properties of the universe: all is a universe, within a universe, within a universe - the question is, is this ad infinitum...?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Andrej » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:41 pm

And then nothing special happens. I'm sure galaxies rotate and collide all the time with one another.

So it's a circular motion.

Most cosmic masses rotate around larger masses, as per what science & observation tell us. The Earth leads-itself around the Sun in a circle. Why? ~ do you ask. Why is rather senseless to ask in this case. Why is a circle a circle? I am merely-attempting to comprehend how celestial bodies physically-operate. Earth revolves around the Sun. Our solar system revolves around the Milky Way black hole. And perhaps our Milky Way Galaxy revolves around a Super-Galaxy that also revolves around a Universal Node.

So basically, looking back at your previous point, it is again, circular. The motion goes round.

In your dreams you bent light with your conscious mind, or what?

Does this frighten you?
Andrej

Postby Form and Void » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:54 am

Magsj wrote:I have often thought/felt that everything is a reflection of the structure/properties of the universe: all is a universe, within a universe, within a universe - the question is, is this ad infinitum...?

Yes, it is infinite by the context of your conscious-self.

No, it is finite by the context of the universe-itself.

Form and Void
BANNED

Postby Form and Void » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:13 am

Andrej wrote:So it's a circular motion.

That is how universal motion appears to me because rotation & motion imply constant change.

But what is truly changing, the universe-itself or the human-conscious-perception of the universe?

Andrej wrote:So basically, looking back at your previous point, it is again, circular. The motion goes round.

The motion "around" a Universal Node may or may not be round. It is impossible for the human consciousness to fathom motion or direction without Relativity. A Universal Node, as I theorize it, has absolutely-no Relativity. It is Everything & Nothing collapsed inside itself. The only method I can see to understand this phenomenon more clearly, to myself, is for the human mind to evolve past its current bounds. Mental evolution requires time & energy.

Andrej wrote:

In your dreams you bent light with your conscious mind, or what?

That depends on what you mean by a "dream". The common perception of a 'dream' is what people do at night when they go to sleep. I conceptualize the opposite situation, your consciousness during the daytime is actually the 'dream'. The reason for this is how your cognitive system and brain process light-energy together. When light-energy is input into your sensuality, your mind intuitively-bends this light using a collapsed form of mass & matter, "brain matter". The result of this process is a dissection of light-into-energy, Physical Energy, otherwise known as Heat & Vibration. The pathways formed by this curvature of Space-Time-Reality are what Philosophers know to be [Form]. This is to the extent of knowledge human beings can understand, interpret, and reinterpret light ... as shadows! What common people believe to be 'light' and 'dreams' are quite the opposite; light is 'darkness' and dreams are 'reality'. And the reasoning for this opposition, and confusion, is due to a misinterpretation of what constitutes Reality and Actuality apart from one-another.

Physics & Science tell us that when you dip a straight-stick into a pool of water, the waves make the stick *APPEAR* bent, but that the stick is still 'straight'. This is wrong. In fact, this is completely-wrong. By understanding how light bends with space-time-reality, you can topple the entire system of Science onto its head. Scientists have no clue of half the things they say. They are fed the leftovers of what Philosophers already-know to be true.

The stick actually-physically-bends inside the water. What science lacks is a proper explanation of both why & how.

Andrej wrote:

Does this frighten you?

Metaphysically-speaking, yes it does. It is Death, face-to-face, looking me in the eye. A black hole destroys Everything; Nothing is Sacred.

Form and Void
BANNED

Postby Andrej » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:24 am

But what is truly changing, the universe-itself or the human-conscious-perception of the universe?

The human conscious perception of the universe.

The motion "around" a Universal Node may or may not be round. It is impossible for the human consciousness to fathom motion or direction without Relativity. A Universal Node, as I theorize it, has absolutely-no Relativity. It is Everything & Nothing collapsed inside itself. The only method I can see to understand this phenomenon more clearly, to myself, is for the human mind to evolve past its current bounds. Mental evolution requires time & energy.

Though when I read that it's a motion, I firstly thought of a circular motion. Then, secondly, when it was "around" the Universal Node, it seems more than logical to me that this is circular, too.

Metaphysically-speaking, yes it does. It is Death, face-to-face, looking me in the eye. A black hole destroys Everything; Nothing is Sacred.

But that's not only the case with this theory though; death looks you in the eye each day.
Andrej

Postby Form and Void » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:16 pm

Andrej wrote:The human conscious perception of the universe.

I agree.

Andrej wrote:Though when I read that it's a motion, I firstly thought of a circular motion. Then, secondly, when it was "around" the Universal Node, it seems more than logical to me that this is circular, too.

I believe the reason for that is because spiral forms of movement are so commonplace in Nature.

Andrej wrote:But that's not only the case with this theory though; death looks you in the eye each day.

Darkness, void of light, represents death, because there is no movement, no vibration, nothing. It is non-thinking.

Form and Void
BANNED

Postby Andrej » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:16 am

I believe the reason for that is because spiral forms of movement are so commonplace in Nature.

Indeed, and spiral automatically relates to circular. It makes perfectly sense.

Darkness, void of light, represents death, because there is no movement, no vibration, nothing. It is non-thinking.

Do we know if this is true, though?
Andrej

Postby Sonofgloin » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:32 am

Form and Void wrote:The universe that we live in is a Universal Node. All blackness in the night sky (see the photo above) is not the 'end' of the universe. In fact it is probably the 'beginning'. This blackness could be, and probably-is, a black hole so large that our *ENTIRE UNIVERSE* spins around it.

F&V we know the universe is expanding, and witin the directional movement of expansion we have gravity which creates circular motions of bodies within the expansion. These two kinetic movements apparently work independantly of each other, but the directional expansion dictates the position of the circular gravitational movements of celestial bodies. You are surmising that a third graitational field is drawing the expansion to it, in fact you are saying that the supposition of the big bang is floored. I believe that there is no place for your summation of another gravitational entity.
Sonofgloin
Sonofgloin

Postby Form and Void » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:38 am

Andrej wrote:

I do not know if it is true or not. I also do not know if we know if it is true or not.

If something is universally-true, then is it not true everywhere and everyplace inside the universe?

Form and Void
BANNED

Postby Form and Void » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:40 am

Sonofgloin wrote:F&V we know the universe is expanding,

Correction: we know the universe appears to expand ~ but to whom, and why, and how? I ask you.

Sonofgloin wrote:and witin the directional movement of expansion we have gravity which creates circular motions of bodies within the expansion. These two kinetic movements apparently work independantly of each other, but the directional expansion dictates the position of the circular gravitational movements of celestial bodies. You are surmising that a third graitational field is drawing the expansion to it, in fact you are saying that the supposition of the big bang is floored. I believe that there is no place for your summation of another gravitational entity.

You are correct; there is "no place" for my summation within known physics. My theory is metaphysical by definition and origin, traversing what is unknown into what is known.

Form and Void
BANNED

Postby Andrej » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:26 am

Form and Void wrote:
Andrej wrote:

I do not know if it is true or not. I also do not know if we know if it is true or not.

If something is universally-true, then is it not true everywhere and everyplace inside the universe?

Well if it's not true anywhere, then it cannot be true any place outside the universe; unless, of course, the unknown, any thing in itself.
Andrej

Postby Form and Void » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:39 am

If it is possible that there is something outside of our known universe, then there is reason to believe what we live in is a Multiverse rather than a Universe. And if in fact a Universal Node does exist, then there is reason to believe that another Universal Node may or may not exist in some kind of alternative dimension or way-of-being, a thing-in-itself, a thing-unto-itself.

Form and Void
BANNED

Postby Andrej » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:46 am

Form and Void wrote:If it is possible that there is something outside of our known universe, then there is reason to believe what we live in is a Multiverse rather than a Universe. And if in fact a Universal Node does exist, then there is reason to believe that another Universal Node may or may not exist in some kind of alternative dimension or way-of-being, a thing-in-itself, a thing-unto-itself.

Can't you just, instead of saying it would be a Multiverse, say that there are separate Universes that would be standing? It can all be part of a whole, though still separate in its own way. It doesn't automatically mean the Verse is multi.
Andrej

Postby Sonofgloin » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:04 am

Andrej wrote:
Form and Void wrote:If it is possible that there is something outside of our known universe, then there is reason to believe what we live in is a Multiverse rather than a Universe. And if in fact a Universal Node does exist, then there is reason to believe that another Universal Node may or may not exist in some kind of alternative dimension or way-of-being, a thing-in-itself, a thing-unto-itself.

Can't you just, instead of saying it would be a Multiverse, say that there are separate Universes that would be standing? It can all be part of a whole, though still separate in its own way. It doesn't automatically mean the Verse is multi.

A it seems that F&V is open to suggestion on his ponderings, and why not. But I understood that the premise was that the effect was on our plane not another one. If we allow multi planes into the synopsis it defeats the premise of his original thoughts of another vacuum in our space and time sucking our universe into it, does it not.

PS. Andrej I much prefer your new avatar to the Ivan you disgarded. :)
Sonofgloin
Sonofgloin

Postby Form and Void » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:33 pm

Andrej wrote:Can't you just, instead of saying it would be a Multiverse, say that there are separate Universes that would be standing?

If there were separate Universal Nodes, then how could the human mind ever determine the truth of that when all we see & observe, everywhere we look with our eyes and telescopes/microscopes, is the self-confining Universe that we already-live in? It seems to me the only way to find out is to fly a spaceship out past our own solar system, and past our own galaxy, to find out. And that is the direction Humanity is heading in as we speak.

Andrej wrote:It can all be part of a whole, though still separate in its own way. It doesn't automatically mean the Verse is multi.

I am recommending the concept of a 'Multiverse', because there is no feasible way that I-myself can determine where our Universe begins & ends.

Form and Void
BANNED

Postby Form and Void » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:52 pm

Sonofgloin wrote:A it seems that F&V is open to suggestion on his ponderings, and why not. But I understood that the premise was that the effect was on our plane not another one. If we allow multi planes into the synopsis it defeats the premise of his original thoughts of another vacuum in our space and time sucking our universe into it, does it not.

That is an adept summation, thank you for stating it.

If there are "other" Universal Nodes, then it defeats the point & purpose of this theory. And even if there were, then how would we know unless a Universal Node is first empirically-verified? Science knows very, very little. Science has been stuck on reconciling Gravity and Quantum Mechanics for awhile now. And this is because no scientist since Einstein has surpassed Einstein's empirical capabilities. Did you know that it was not Einstein who first stated the speed of Light is/was a Universal Constant?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light

The speed of light in an ideal vacuum is an important physical constant usually written as c.

I have never read a piece of material by Einstein where he said or assumed "light is objectively-constant". His equation "E = mc^2" presupposes c-value as the "quickness of light", not necessarily a constant. The c-value is the concept of [Celeritas]. I believe the error of common understanding was caused by the scientist(s) that followed in his footsteps, for obvious reasons. Einstein believed light is/was instantaneous in terms of common-conceptions of 'speed'. Therefore, when astronomy/astrology tell us that a galaxy is 1000 quadrillion light years way, this basically-means they do not know what the hell they are talking about --because-- how fast does light actually-travel??? Einstein believed it to be instant, as far as I can tell. And I agree with him there.

When you turn a flashlight on and wave it around in the sky at night, the light instantly-travels to the end of our universe. The reasons that Humanity does not understand this fact tells me firsthand that common people do not understand how 'light' even works. It is not light-itself that is interrupted by matter. The flashlight-light is infinite. If the human eye were powerful-enough, then we could see the flashlight that some alien specie flashes around on their own planet. And this is where technology comes into play, to aid the human eye, to increase its power through artificial means. However, the human eye actually-is that powerful already. Theoretically-speaking, the human eye does comprehend light instantaneously. This means, which I fundamentally-believe, that it is not the human eye that is defunct and flawed, rather the concept is flawed that the eye is "imperfect". The eye is not imperfect, at all. The human eye, as with other animal species, is predesigned to see everything we were already-made to see, obviously. Common understanding is flawed.

The problem, I would say, is our focus. As the human eye evolves with correspondence to our collective human consciousness, the human eye-itself becomes more powerful, less reliant on manmade tools to see what we already see. If you have not done so, then go outside at night sometime. Drive off far, far away from any nearby town. Go out into a field and look at the night sky on a clear evening. You will see the Entire Universe there. You will see a flashlight from some alien specie on a distant solar system, on a distant galaxy. And all that is happening right now. The light is instantaneous.

There is no such thing as a "light year". If you want proof, then go investigate the term "light year" and check to see if Einstein misunderstood it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmological_constant#Cosmological_constant_problem

(My notes bolded and added in red.)

A major outstanding problem is that most quantum field theories predict a huge cosmological constant (false) from the energy of the quantum vacuum.

This conclusion follows from dimensional analysis and effective field theory. If the universe is described by an effective local quantum field theory till the Planck scale, then we would expect a cosmological constant of the order of M_{\rm pl}^4. As noted above, the measured cosmological constant is smaller than this by a factor of 10120. This discrepancy has been termed "the worst theoretical prediction in the history of physics! (obviously)"[6]

Some supersymmetric theories require a cosmological constant that is exactly zero, which further complicates things. This is the cosmological constant problem, the worst problem of fine-tuning in physics: there is no known natural way to derive (This is because human consciousness is constantly-changing & evolving.) the tiny cosmological constant used in cosmology from particle physics.

One possible explanation for the small but non-zero value was noted by Steven Weinberg in 1987 following the anthropic principle.[7] Weinberg explains that if the vacuum energy took different values in different domains of the universe, then observers would necessarily measure values similar to that which is observed: the formation of life-supporting structures would be suppressed in domains where the vacuum energy is much larger, and domains where the vacuum energy is much smaller would be comparatively rare. This argument depends crucially on the reality of a spatial distribution in the vacuum energy density. There is no evidence that the vacuum energy does vary, but it may be the case if, for example, the vacuum energy is (even in part) the potential of a scalar field such as the residual inflaton (also see quintessence). Critics note that these multiverse theories (based on vacuum energy differences), when used as an explanation for fine-tuning, commit the inverse gambler's fallacy.

As was only recently seen, by works of 't Hooft, Susskind[8] and others, a positive cosmological constant has surprising consequences, such as a finite maximum entropy of the observable universe (see the holographic principle).

More recent work has suggested the problem may be indirect evidence of a cyclic universe predicted by string theory. With every cycle of the universe (Big Bang then eventually a Big Crunch (false ~ this line of reasoning assumes the Universe grows and expands which it may not)) taking about a trillion (1012) years, "the amount of matter and radiation in the universe is reset, but the cosmological constant is not. Instead, the cosmological constant gradually diminishes over many cycles to the small value observed today."[9] Critics respond that, as the authors acknowledge in their paper, the model “entails tuning” to “the same degree of tuning required in any cosmological model.”[10]

So what we can make of all this is a series of simple facts:

1. Not a single individual human being, no scientist or wise man, knows what is happening with the Universe.
2. If nobody knows, then anybody may wager to guess & estimate.
3. There is no way to know anything for certain without Reason-to-believe, which precedes all Empirical Science.
4. Philosophy precedes Science in terms of both intellectual & imaginative capabilities.
5. There is no reason to believe the Universe expands or shrinks in any "Big Bang" or "Big Crunch"; the logic is fallacious.
6. Either the Universe is expanding or the collective Human Consciousness is expanding, but not both and not neither!
7. The "cosmological constant" cannot be expanding without Human Consciousness as per the Theory of Relativity.
8. Einstein presupposes an "ideal vacuum" pertaining to c-value measurements and Subjective Relativity (i.e. Perception).
9. There is no reason to believe an "ideal vacuum" exists or does not exist. It could or could not.
10. If a perfect vacuum exists, then a cosmological constant is possible.
11. Since everything is possible, light must also exist and be instantaneous, as per the Philosophical Definition of a [thing].
12. Everything that is possible must exist in some known-or-unknown form. Nothing that is impossible must not exist in any form imaginable.
13. Light appears to exist (that which the human eye can observe). Dark-light appears to not exist (that which the human eye cannot observe).

Form and Void
BANNED

Postby Andrej » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:46 pm

Sonofgloin wrote:
Andrej wrote:

A it seems that F&V is open to suggestion on his ponderings, and why not. But I understood that the premise was that the effect was on our plane not another one. If we allow multi planes into the synopsis it defeats the premise of his original thoughts of another vacuum in our space and time sucking our universe into it, does it not.

PS. Andrej I much prefer your new avatar to the Ivan you disgarded. :)

I never knew that about the vacuum and the synopsis, it's interesting though.

Haha, thanks.

If there were separate Universal Nodes, then how could the human mind ever determine the truth of that when all we see & observe, everywhere we look with our eyes and telescopes/microscopes, is the self-confining Universe that we already-live in? It seems to me the only way to find out is to fly a spaceship out past our own solar system, and past our own galaxy, to find out. And that is the direction Humanity is heading in as we speak.

Who said there is a truth to all of that which we see and observe? Maybe it's an illusion? Why can they not be separate instead of being a Multiverse?
Andrej

Postby Mr Shambles » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:15 am

Andrej wrote:It makes pretty much sense to me now, though I am curious; how did you come up with this theory? What led to this thought?

:banana-stoner:

Great thread. It's quite long at this point, but I think I'm interested enough to hunker down. From what I've gathered so far, it is completely compatible with my perspective on things, though I have not ever pictured it quite in this way. Forgive me if any of this has been said.

It occurs to me that as we're propagating this swirling attractor kind of geometry unto deeper dimensions and further levels of things, it should be clear that there is no demonstrable 'end' to the system. From this we might be tempted to take this as proof that there are infinite dimensions, that whether you keep on digging down to Planck scale or build a Hubble the size of the sun it just keeps going on forever. However, in both we discern distinct endpoints.

It is here that I prefer the probings of the mind to those of science. The mind is a well-suited instrument for investigating reality. It is my belief that the purpose of the universe is self-examination. All things are conscious, and are engines of epiphany. For much of that reality, the 'dead' matter that is not conventionally thought of as conscious does not experience the separation between investigation of 'self' as opposed to 'other'. There is no fundamental separation of these things, in the experience of, say, a hydrogen atom. The universe of the hydrogen atom is one of pure information. It senses the tugs and pushes of the 'other' concomitant with the reaction it makes. It does not 'feel' a thing, it becomes it.

This is a more fundamental kind of perspective than ours. It is more true to the reality of things. Way down. Way deep.

This solipsism is irrefutable. That was the real meaning behind cogito ergo sum. It was not that Descartes proved that thought proves existence. It was that he proved that it is the only thing that can be proven.. This is the first cause. The prime mover. The Form and Void.

To wit, as regards the picture you have painted, the 'endpoint' lies in every direction. In another way, it is the only thing. This is all contained in a singularity. We are part of it. It is us. More appropriately, it is me. My consciousness is the 10-dimensional fractal, or one branch of it. Both/and. I go not with quantum physics on this one, but rather on a very simple explanation of why '10' is the logical point of recursion of the cycle that is implied by solipsism. (http://www.tenthdimension.com/medialinks.php) QP happens to agree, which I find to be very encouraging.

Infinity and singularity are one. It is only by comparison to itself that reality complexifies, differentiates, and 'expands'. This all sound about right to you F&V et al?
Last edited by Mr Shambles on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing that can never be truly known is the perspective of an Other."

"The most beneficial realization we can now come to is that it lies within the scope of our abilities to transform this planet into a garden. We ate of the apple and God cast us from his Eden. This was not a punishment. God was simply saying, 'now you know what it's all about, so go and make your own.'"

chris-hampton.blogspot.com
Mr Shambles

Postby Mr Shambles » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:52 am

Form and Void wrote:It turns out you flew right past the galaxy! And no matter how much you attempt to pinpoint the galaxy and fly toward it, you keep flying the wrong direction.

This is a great picture. It is a very scientific description of why science ultimately fails. I have little faith left in Science's decision-making skills or understanding of cause-and-effect. Science is essentially a 'beat the world' process. We are defeating it with our tools and microscopes, measurements and equations, inventions and technology. Understanding it is the process of feeding upon the world, taking the information we can out of it and stuffing it into our brains. Your model shows this kind of exploration to be self-defeating. Our consciousness is the Ourobouros, the world-snake. We devour ourselves with science. This is the form of our love for existence.

So maybe my single consciousness is all there is. That the 10 dimensional fractal, this universal node of yours, is the whole of all being does not in any way devalue our experience of consciousness. There is an established model you should research which presents our universe as a holographic projection from a prime singularity. This is the logical endpoint of Plato's 'forms', of Kant's noumena. Descartes', Witty, and The Nietz would all concur. We are literally inside a planetarium of the consciousness, the stars projected upon the inside of the cave from some unknowable light 'behind' us. That light is consciousness, that pesty is-ness that we can never quite get at and wrap words around.

We are the cave, the wall, the stars, and the light. We and I are synonymous. I can see where someone might be tempted to stew and despair over the loneliness of it all. This would be a mistake. Personally I find this to be inspiring and enriching. It means that I am given the opportunity to experience myself with the full will and attention and investigation that my mind is capable of, which is no insignificant amount of consciousness to bear. In the next life I will be naught but an atom, but in this one I can really stretch my legs. It's a pretty good time.

This is the real source of the golden rule. If I am the only thing, then treating the 'other' poorly is only treating myself poorly. It is rather better to choose the tack of relentless self-and-world improvement. Enrich your spirit, that which you perceive as 'inside', just as much as you do the world 'outside' through positive intent. In this is absolute assurance of a good life, and happiness.
Form and Void wrote:What led me to this thought was the black hole sitting inside my Ego; it destroys Everything. And it is very, very heavy & super-massive.

Mushrooms are the cure for ego. I have a sneaking suspicion you are already aware of this. Hmm?

Science is ego. Meditation (epiphany) is its opposite. Philosophy is the bond that binds them.

Form and Void wrote:What common people believe to be 'light' and 'dreams' are quite the opposite; light is 'darkness' and dreams are 'reality'. And the reasoning for this opposition, and confusion, is due to a misinterpretation of what constitutes Reality and Actuality apart from one-another.

Your demarcation of opposites still presupposes a directionality in causation. I would think that given the rest of your worldview you would rather take the yin/yang approach. Everything is defined by its opposite. There is no 'first' cause. This is a both/and universe we're in, not an either/or.

BOTH:
Form and Void wrote:Metaphysically-speaking, yes it does. It is Death, face-to-face, looking me in the eye. A black hole destroys Everything; Nothing is Sacred.

AND:
Life is staring you in the face, and you are gazing back, and the black hole creates everything, and you are the black hole, and EVERYTHING IS SACRED!! Taking either perspective is a choice. Both are foundless, without merit or basis. Therefore, the sacred perspective wins out simply because it is at the very least pleasurable. Even if it has no basis, its opposite is simply a useless conclusion.

Andrej wrote:Though when I read that it's a motion, I firstly thought of a circular motion. Then, secondly, when it was "around" the Universal Node, it seems more than logical to me that this is circular, too.

In an unvariegated singularity, there is only homogenous form in all 'directions'. This geometry is reminiscent of a sphere. We tend to think of black holes as itty-bitty balls. Spherical cosmology is a natural representation both for the One and for the Infinite. The only other useful structure is the fractal, but the maths are way more abstruse.

Andrej wrote:

Indeed, and spiral automatically relates to circular. It makes perfectly sense.

Even the fibonacci sequence describes spiral structures.

Do we know if this is true, though?[/quote]
A thing and its opposite. A thing and its opposite. It's all about representation and juxtaposition of a thing and its opposite. There's no such thing as thinking unless there is such a thing as not-thinking.

Sonofgloin wrote:I believe that there is no place for your summation of another gravitational entity.

Can we just agree that 'gravity' is a wan word here? The image it creates is useful for the purposes of this discussion, but there has not yet been a word invented that is equipped to describe it. The universal node is also the whole-of-all-being, so what does 'attraction' even mean?

The final to-which-and-from-which hub of reality has swirling around it all the potential forms of being, every universe, every reality, every scale and dimension and measure. The timelines are its galaxies, and it is their black hole. Sound about right?

Form and Void wrote:If there were separate Universal Nodes, then how could the human mind ever determine the truth of that when all we see & observe, everywhere we look with our eyes and telescopes/microscopes, is the self-confining Universe that we already-live in? It seems to me the only way to find out is to fly a spaceship out past our own solar system, and past our own galaxy, to find out. And that is the direction Humanity is heading in as we speak.

Well, what it would really mean is that you haven't really gotten to the endpoint. What you perceive as separate universal nodes are also swirling around some other, greater drain. Fwoosh. Down the toilet.

Form and Void wrote:The problem, I would say, is our focus. As the human eye evolves with correspondence to our collective human consciousness, the human eye-itself becomes more powerful, less reliant on manmade tools to see what we already see. If you have not done so, then go outside at night sometime. Drive off far, far away from any nearby town. Go out into a field and look at the night sky on a clear evening. You will see the Entire Universe there. You will see a flashlight from some alien specie on a distant solar system, on a distant galaxy. And all that is happening right now. The light is instantaneous.

I would rather say that it is the consciousness which uses the eye as its seeing-tool that is deficient. It is not capable of perception at that level. This is not really a deficiency though either.

It is important to realize that perception and consciousness exist upon inversely-related sliding scales. We have a grand consciousness, but the trade off is that our perception is very weak. 'Digging' reality, via meditation or science, leads ultimately to becoming the universe itself. Both are methods of pulling the world into your mind. It is not difficult to see how both are the process of becoming god, though one seems to be much more destructive than the other.

The physical brain is nothing more than a substrate for consciousness. Our particular brand of consciousness is so complex because its home, this brain, is complex. But the brain is not the consciousness, only its clothing. This is also, however, what limits us. We cannot experience anything beyond the bounds of what our brains are equipped to handle. Our investigations will always fall short. To know reality is to become it, but way way down deep, where this universal node resides, being reality is a much simpler way to be. All it is, is 'being.' It cannot think or ponder. God is enslaved to its own simplicity. It has no free will or self-awareness. It is all and it is one. These things are synonymous. To know is to become.

Form and Void wrote:6. Either the Universe is expanding or the collective Human Consciousness is expanding, but not both and not neither!

Wait, why not both? I like both. I would like an explanation please.
"The only thing that can never be truly known is the perspective of an Other."

"The most beneficial realization we can now come to is that it lies within the scope of our abilities to transform this planet into a garden. We ate of the apple and God cast us from his Eden. This was not a punishment. God was simply saying, 'now you know what it's all about, so go and make your own.'"

chris-hampton.blogspot.com
Mr Shambles

Postby Andrej » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:51 pm

Even the fibonacci sequence describes spiral structures.

"The first two Fibonacci numbers are 0 and 1, and each remaining number is the sum of the previous two"

How does this directly relate to the Universal Node theory?
Andrej

Next

Return to Science, Technology, and Math