Asceticism (Panacea)

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Asceticism (Panacea)

Postby eyesinthedark » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:07 pm

From my experience, hedonism, particularly gluttony and drug abuse, is the cause of approximately 90% of mental and physical illnesses, from neurological illnesses such as anxiety, depression and insomnia, to physical illnesses such as cancer. cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. Some scientific studies seem to confirm my theory. Some animals and people who adopt a calorie restriction diet, seem to live longer and healthier lives as a result, up to 15% longer. Admittedly the science remains in its initial phases. There's no question drugs cause side-effects... or diseases, and that many of our illnesses can be attributed to drug use, drugs approved by the FDA. From my experience, the common cold, flues, skin disorders and other disorders, are not caused by malevolent bacteria or viruses, but by excessive or improper nourishment.

Of course, because humans are hedonistic, gluttonous pigs, and because some scientists and doctors prey on their stupidity, ignorance and lack of discipline, we will continue to blame disease and illness on external forces, microbes, rather than blame individuals. Individuals refuse to take responsibility for themselves, to become fully sentient. They're in need of a devil, something invisible and largely beyond their control, something only scientists can cure with an endless assortment, a cornucopia of antibiotics (anti-life), drugs and vaccinations. Individuals must remain dependent on government, capitalists and doctors for their healthcare, welfare, safety and security.

Drugs have a place in our society, drugs can save your life, I'm not denying that. However, we're excessively dependent on them. Today, drugs are mainly used to combat diseases caused by over and improper nourishment. They suppress what I and alternative scientists and researches are calling healing reactions, from anxiety to depression, from coughing to sneezing, from fevers to vomiting. You would no them as diseases or symptoms of disease, but they're generally helpful, they're the body/minds way of purging itself from psychosocial pollutants and toxins. Drugs generally don't cure illness, rather, they suppress the body/minds immune system. Thus, we never eliminate the cause of illness - food, we merely temporarily eliminate some of the pain, while our illnesses progress.
eyesinthedark
Philosopher

Re: Asceticism (Panacea)

Postby James S Saint » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:05 pm

eyesinthedark wrote:From my experience, hedonism...

Presumption is the seed for ALL sin.

Have you experienced the opposite? I know many who have and interestingly they also have these problems.

To avoid too much presumption concerning who is presuming, consider this;

Let's say that the flora in your intestines becomes corrupted by something you have ingested, a bacteria, virus, toxin, whatever. Due to that effect, your digestion doesn't function properly. You not only do not absorb the nutrients that you more naturally would, but also you absorb radicals, toxins, and contaminants into your blood that would not have been there.

Due to being driven largely by instinct, you find yourself eating more in the attempt to gain what is sensed as something missing. Of course, the more you eat, the more radicals and contaminants you inject into your body. And the more such contaminants exist within the body, the less efficient it is at disposing them as well as handling the other concerns of life such as decision making and immunity balances. Your nervous system (brain) becomes corrupted and you become weak, more susceptible both physically and mentally to outside influences. You find yourself seeking distractions from your anxiety, feeling a sense of boredom because your body knows that it must do something because something is wrong but doesn't know what and eventually merely seeks distraction from the inner itch that it can't scratch.

But the trick is that the governance of the day thrives on its influence over you and thus is certainly not in a hurry to correct the problem and in fact, has been caught quite intentionally enhancing the problem, because though it is a "problem" to you, it is a "blessing" to them. They crave influence over you. How else could they dictate the "proper order" to the unrighteous populous? That is their "gluttony", their "sin".

An example is in the food industry wherein the FDA provides clear advice as to what would be best for the average person to consume as food. But with the other hand and at that same time, they grant funding incentives to increase the agricultural production of almost the exact opposite to their advice, making the worst foods cheaper, more available, and more tempting to those who are easily influenced. And that is only one of many such examples. Interestingly they find profit, both financially and politically/psychologically in doing so.

Now that scenario began with what? A corruption of your digestive system most probably at a very early age. Is that your doing? Were you told that was the fundamental problem? Were you even really tested for it? Was a cure for it recommended? You were not born with the problem, so you had to acquire it from somewhere outside of yourself.

So who is to blame?

Well, of course those, no matter how many or few they might be, who take advantage of having influence over others would much prefer that you blame yourself, "You just don't have any discipline like a good person would." But exactly who is putting the temptations in the path of children and the blind/ignorant? Did you knowingly do something to cause such contaminants to invade your body and cause all of those effects?

"Eat less". Well sure. But does that help the fact that you are actually digesting insufficiently? You will get less corruption in, the less you put in. But then again, the body can't work without more coming in, and truly all that is required, not merely "all but one critical amino acid".

Where is the corruption actually coming from and who is profiting from it?
"Follow the money, Honey".
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby helper » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:16 am

Big Pharma makes tons of cash
not-quite-killing people.
And the ones who DO die, well,
there are lots of warnings on every pill.
Especially the elderly. If there WAS
an inheritence, well, those pills
cost so much, there isn't one now.

None of those ones want anyone
to find a cause OR a cure. They try
to control your doctor by giving him
free samples. They have conferences in
resorts.

But, if you become a total vegan, and
do it properly, that fat in your system will
stop letting every Tom, Dick,
and Harry through your cell membranes, becaurse
only your own cholesterol will be on hand to do
that (crucial) screening function.
You will become as fit as you were when you
were young. Look up T. Colin Campbell,
Esselstyn, those guys, for confirmation, but I'm
63, and I just keep getting stronger and straighter
(once again).

john
helper

Postby eyesinthedark » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:35 pm

helper wrote:Big Pharma makes tons of cash
not-quite-killing people.
And the ones who DO die, well,
there are lots of warnings on every pill.
Especially the elderly. If there WAS
an inheritence, well, those pills
cost so much, there isn't one now.

None of those ones want anyone
to find a cause OR a cure. They try
to control your doctor by giving him
free samples. They have conferences in
resorts.

But, if you become a total vegan, and
do it properly, that fat in your system will
stop letting every Tom, Dick,
and Harry through your cell membranes, becaurse
only your own cholesterol will be on hand to do
that (crucial) screening function.
You will become as fit as you were when you
were young. Look up T. Colin Campbell,
Esselstyn, those guys, for confirmation, but I'm
63, and I just keep getting stronger and straighter
(once again).

john

I agree, but I think a little meat is good. From my experience, the idea is to eat a little of everything, so long as little or nothing has been added or subtracted to it, and it agrees with your digestion and makes you feel good physically and mentally, after you've eaten it as well as during. Too many carbohydrates can be lethal. Some people need a break from carbohydrates, and some people need a break from fats, and some people need a break from salts, depending on which one they've abused, but once you've had a break, you can resume eating them moderately-minimally.

That's my experience, you can take it or leave it.
eyesinthedark
Philosopher

Postby eyesinthedark » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:37 pm

Humans tend to eat too much, especially too much calories - fats, sugars, in addition to salts. To compensate - always eat little or somewhat less than you'd like to/could. This is due to having evolved in an environment of relative scarcity.
eyesinthedark
Philosopher

Postby eyesinthedark » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:51 pm

James

Presumption is the seed for ALL sin.

Have you experienced the opposite? I know many who have and interestingly they also have these problems.

By asceticism, I didn't mean starvation, but minimal-moderate consumption. We'll see, I'll tell you how I feel in a year or two if I'm still alive.

To avoid too much presumption concerning who is presuming, consider this;

Let's say that the flora in your intestines becomes corrupted by something you have ingested, a bacteria, virus, toxin, whatever. Due to that effect, your digestion doesn't function properly. You not only do not absorb the nutrients that you more naturally would, but also you absorb radicals, toxins, and contaminants into your blood that would not have been there.

Due to being driven largely by instinct, you find yourself eating more in the attempt to gain what is sensed as something missing. Of course, the more you eat, the more radicals and contaminants you inject into your body. And the more such contaminants exist within the body, the less efficient it is at disposing them as well as handling the other concerns of life such as decision making and immunity balances. Your nervous system (brain) becomes corrupted and you become weak, more susceptible both physically and mentally to outside influences. You find yourself seeking distractions from your anxiety, feeling a sense of boredom because your body knows that it must do something because something is wrong but doesn't know what and eventually merely seeks distraction from the inner itch that it can't scratch.

But the trick is that the governance of the day thrives on its influence over you and thus is certainly not in a hurry to correct the problem and in fact, has been caught quite intentionally enhancing the problem, because though it is a "problem" to you, it is a "blessing" to them. They crave influence over you. How else could they dictate the "proper order" to the unrighteous populous? That is their "gluttony", their "sin".

An example is in the food industry wherein the FDA provides clear advice as to what would be best for the average person to consume as food. But with the other hand and at that same time, they grant funding incentives to increase the agricultural production of almost the exact opposite to their advice, making the worst foods cheaper, more available, and more tempting to those who are easily influenced. And that is only one of many such examples. Interestingly they find profit, both financially and politically/psychologically in doing so.

Now that scenario began with what? A corruption of your digestive system most probably at a very early age. Is that your doing? Were you told that was the fundamental problem? Were you even really tested for it? Was a cure for it recommended? You were not born with the problem, so you had to acquire it from somewhere outside of yourself.

So who is to blame?

Well, of course those, no matter how many or few they might be, who take advantage of having influence over others would much prefer that you blame yourself, "You just don't have any discipline like a good person would." But exactly who is putting the temptations in the path of children and the blind/ignorant? Did you knowingly do something to cause such contaminants to invade your body and cause all of those effects?

"Eat less". Well sure. But does that help the fact that you are actually digesting insufficiently? You will get less corruption in, the less you put in. But then again, the body can't work without more coming in, and truly all that is required, not merely "all but one critical amino acid".

Where is the corruption actually coming from and who is profiting from it?
"Follow the money, Honey".

Once you've been broken, there's only so much you can do to fix yourself, agreed.
eyesinthedark
Philosopher

Postby Moreno » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Why asceticism?
Must one shift to the other extreme?
Moreno
ILP Legend

Postby eyesinthedark » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:56 pm

If you're hot, warm water isn't going to do you any good.
eyesinthedark
Philosopher

Postby Moreno » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:22 am

eyesinthedark wrote:If you're hot, warm water isn't going to do you any good.

Well, sure it will. You're hot, even dying of thirst and you come up on a warm stream.
Also, shifting to the other extreme can shock the body. I mean this not only in the analogy but in the case of hedonism. It also has a greater tendency to lead to relapses. In the OP you didn't really go into asceticism and how this should look, so I don't know exactly how you are using the term, but why not, eat a balanced diet, drink a glass of wine with dinner, have sex a few times a week or whatever is balanced for you....and so on. No binges, no asceticism. Generally speaking asceticism entails strict self-denail even selp-mortification, and is based on serious judgments, often religious, of desire. I understand the problems with the abuse of hedonism and overindulgence, but I don't see the need to shift to being your own martinet.
Moreno
ILP Legend

Postby James S Saint » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:13 am

eyesinthedark wrote:By asceticism, I didn't mean starvation, but minimal-moderate consumption. We'll see, I'll tell you how I feel in a year or two if I'm still alive.

I would be surprised if you were not better off for it.
Add specifically DISTILLED water.
Don't try to dictate to your body what its best balance is. Allow for a hair too much intake and later a hair too little so that your body can properly sense the right balance. Allow your body a voice in how much might be a little too much or too little as that will change from time to time for reasons that you could never see. Very carefully sense for it. The body is made to flux, bend, and go with the flow. If you are too constant, the body loses its ability to discern the good from the bad and it gradually slips into the really bad without any way to compensate. And your mind/emotions will follow suit.

eyesinthedark wrote:Once you've been broken, there's only so much you can do to fix yourself, agreed.

The greater issue is that almost everyone is "already broken", but never being told, certainly not when or how. You live in the land of lies, both socially and materially. And the more broken it all gets, the more deceptive it becomes, encouraging more breaking, a spiraling into the darkness from both within and all around, high and low.

Because nothing is quite what it seems, consume only your true need. Gain by yielding a lot and holding onto but a little. But you cannot cognitively know your true need if you do not allow your body a serious vote. It is the intermediary (aka "media") of your subconscious that tends to attempt to persuade and give false measure to the conscious, "the devil within". Unfortunately today, it has an assistant on the outside as well, thus what you hear as good advice from others, tends to mean very little. Listen first to your body. It knows what you can never know and reasons in ways that you could never reason, nor anyone else. It is too easy to stifle it with guess work. Avoid "micro-managing".

In the midst of the greatest darkness, the greatest lack, the truest light and need is most easily discerned.

..and remember the Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby Duality » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:20 am

"Like Papa Wallenda said - , 'Life is on the wire, the rest is Just Waiting.'" O:)

James S Saint wrote:In the midst of the greatest darkness, the greatest lack, the truest light and need is most easily discerned.

Such Monumental words Sir. You should be a poet, - even though you Already are One. :eusa-violin:
"A truth is not necessary, because we negatively are not able to conceive the actual existence of the opposite thereof;but a truth is necessary when we positively are able to apprehend that the negation thereof includes an inevitable contradiction. It is not that that we can see how the opposite comes to be true, but it is that the opposite can not possibly be true." -R.L. Dabney

"Those then who know not wisdom and virtue, and are always busy with gluttony and sensuality, go down and up again as far as the mean; and in this region they move at random throughout life, but they never pass into the true upper world; thither they neither look, nor do they ever find their way, neither are they truly filled with true being, nor do they ever taste of pure and abiding pleasure." -Socrates
Duality
Already Dead

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:01 pm

Two interesting ex-poster at work. Found this in my PMs.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
The Wheel - The Tree
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:22 am

eyesinthedark wrote:From my experience, hedonism, particularly gluttony and drug abuse, is the cause of approximately 90% of mental and physical illnesses, from neurological illnesses such as anxiety, depression and insomnia, to physical illnesses such as cancer. cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. Some scientific studies seem to confirm my theory. Some animals and people who adopt a calorie restriction diet, seem to live longer and healthier lives as a result, up to 15% longer. Admittedly the science remains in its initial phases. There's no question drugs cause side-effects... or diseases, and that many of our illnesses can be attributed to drug use, drugs approved by the FDA. From my experience, the common cold, flues, skin disorders and other disorders, are not caused by malevolent bacteria or viruses, but by excessive or improper nourishment.

Of course, because humans are hedonistic, gluttonous pigs, and because some scientists and doctors prey on their stupidity, ignorance and lack of discipline, we will continue to blame disease and illness on external forces, microbes, rather than blame individuals. Individuals refuse to take responsibility for themselves, to become fully sentient. They're in need of a devil, something invisible and largely beyond their control, something only scientists can cure with an endless assortment, a cornucopia of antibiotics (anti-life), drugs and vaccinations. Individuals must remain dependent on government, capitalists and doctors for their healthcare, welfare, safety and security.

Drugs have a place in our society, drugs can save your life, I'm not denying that. However, we're excessively dependent on them. Today, drugs are mainly used to combat diseases caused by over and improper nourishment. They suppress what I and alternative scientists and researches are calling healing reactions, from anxiety to depression, from coughing to sneezing, from fevers to vomiting. You would no them as diseases or symptoms of disease, but they're generally helpful, they're the body/minds way of purging itself from psychosocial pollutants and toxins. Drugs generally don't cure illness, rather, they suppress the body/minds immune system. Thus, we never eliminate the cause of illness - food, we merely temporarily eliminate some of the pain, while our illnesses progress.

I think how children are raised is pivotal.

Habits of diet and drug abuse start from birth to adolescence. I find that most of the 'Abuse' stems from children being neglected and unloved, or, the parents are simply uneducated, and pass their bad habits (Gluttony, not fasting, not dieting, eating junk food) onto their children.

A human being cannot be or become "Responsible" if s/he has been trained against it from childhood.

This is who drug dealers and Big Pharma most profit off of. It's in their monetary interest to ensure that most people are ill, not healthy. Big Pharma certainly desires a sick society, to profit off of.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Return to Science, Technology, and Math