Genetics; Instant Predator Modification

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Genetics; Instant Predator Modification

Postby Jakob » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:16 am

One minor adjustment and you have out of a human a full grown predatory mind and capacity;
add a infrared to the visual spectrum.

I dont know how deep that goes, but image. Such a person would be "in hell" in terms of what we can endure, I imagine - but if born as such, it would adapt.

But how is this not part of our spectrum? Why only this range which our brain divides in 7 colors?
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Re: Genetics; Instant Predator Modification

Postby Sculptor » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:39 pm

Jakob wrote:One minor adjustment and you have out of a human a full grown predatory mind and capacity;

I dont know how deep that goes, but image. Such a person would be "in hell" in terms of what we can endure, I imagine - but if born as such, it would adapt.

But how is this not part of our spectrum? Why only this range which our brain divides in 7 colors?

In the interests of philosphy ... WTF are you talking about?
Sculptor
Thinker

Postby iambiguous » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:08 pm

Sculptor wrote:
Jakob wrote:One minor adjustment and you have out of a human a full grown predatory mind and capacity;

In the interests of philosphy ... WTF are you talking about?

And this is basically in regard to human biology...actual physical, material interactions embodied objectively in things that either are or are not true in regard to genes and vision and color.

Imagine then how unintelligible his posts are for me when the discussion switches over to human interactions in the is/ought world!!!

Over and again I suggest that we explore his points given a "particular context".

And over and again he "moves on". 8)
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Gloominary » Sat May 08, 2021 4:13 am

Jakob on the prowl? :-k

Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue May 11, 2021 10:03 pm

I have a more straightforward hunting technique. The difference is that my preys also consider me a prey. So we fight and eat each other.
The strong act as they may, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Nietzsche's Heritage; The Philosophy of the Future - Some Music - The Magical Tree of Life
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Return to Science, Technology, and Math