WARNING! Matrix Resurrections SPOILERS click at own risk

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Re: WARNING! Matrix Resurrections SPOILERS click at own risk

Postby Lorikeet » Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:48 pm

Tragedy becomes a comedy.
Clown world....see the director....he/she it is a quintessential clown.
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his gods

-Thomas Babington Macaulay, Lays of Ancient Rome
Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby Ichthus77 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:33 pm

I wanted to edit my OP—not to destroy evidence or anything, lol, but to add correction mentioned in comment. Crud. Can’t.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:46 pm

Lorikeet wrote:Tragedy becomes a comedy.
Clown world....see the director....he/she it is a quintessential clown.

The movie is clownish. You'll see. The first 30-40 minutes of the movie is a parody of itself. They even imply near the start, in the movie, that Lana Wachowski was essentially forced by Warner Bros. movie studio to make the sequel, the blatant cash grab. Keep in mind, this is in the movie itself.

The production was so amateur. The shaky-camera action was atrocious. The attempts at humor all failed. There really weren't any deep messages or meaning, no philosophical content.

There were a few interesting things, briefly mentioned, and then skipped over. I'll leave that out for now, since you haven't seen it yet.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:20 pm

The Matrix 4 could easily be fixed by one change...

Just switch places between Neo and Trinity. That's it. That's all they needed to do!

However, shaky-camera is never justified... ever, in any movie. Please... No. More. Shaky. Cameras!!!
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:23 pm

Too dramatic for my taste.

They violated the pleasurable exclusive access problem.

Boring. Just like all the other sheeple.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:40 pm

_
Being dramatic is innate and therefore necessary for that person..

..doing drama is learnt.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:55 pm

MagsJ wrote:_

..doing drama is learnt.

They felt like they earned the right to violate the pleasurable exclusive access problem...

No they didn’t.

And everyone’s supposed to believe it.

It’s like a Hallmark movie.

Everyone is a zombie slave to a love story between two people.

Sheeple. Sociopaths.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:23 am

Ecmandu wrote:
MagsJ wrote:_

..doing drama is learnt.

They felt like they earned the right to violate the pleasurable exclusive access problem...

No they didn’t.

And everyone’s supposed to believe it.

It’s like a Hallmark movie.

Everyone is a zombie slave to a love story between two people.

Sheeple. Sociopaths.

You know what’s funny about sociopaths and sheeple?

They think they’re capable of writing non sociopathically.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:44 pm

“Just because you ARE a character doesn’t mean you HAVE character” - The Wolf, Pulp Fiction

sick burn a-hole

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:46 am

When Trinity held onto Neo, suspended in midair, you can see the rope attached to them.

I honestly didn't know what was going on. I thought they were being held by one of the helicopters.

It was sooooooo bad.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:32 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:GO BACK

GO BACK

GO BACK

STOP READING

…unless you’ve already seen, in this order: Avatar, Free Guy, The Matrix Trilogy, and (of course) Matrix Resurrections.

My probs with it… after first viewing…

1. At the end, they want to build unreal beauty, aka steak in the matrix. I mean… Compare “Buddy” in Free Guy to “Cypher” in The Matrix Trilogy. Notice how the movie begins… remember Animaniacs…?
2. They turn the Merovingian into a homeless person as if homeless people are trash.
3. The reflections they are rejecting are of older/unattractive people, one of whom needs to fix their marriage, and maybe change her name. Oy vey.

They turn the Merovingian into a homeless person as if homeless people are trash. (Where do you get he's homeless or trash from that? ) The Merovingian was looking shabby and wearing rags and was unkempt. He was in no way depicted as "trash" than he was in the other movies. This seems like your perception more than anything.
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher

Postby Berkley Babes » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:04 pm

So are we supposed to believe that Trinity saw past Neo looking like a homeless bum? Neo was shown as he appeared to everyone else as a slightly fat, white bearded man, with a dopey hat, almost pirate like. Somehow Trinity sensed her connection to him, anyway. If so, its the most unreal thing the matrix has produced, in a movie about reality.

Also the news the next day about people dive bombing head first into the pavement would have to wiped clean, fresh matrix style. I guess it would be possible to reset all events.

Movies these days are nothing but white lie poisons that led everyday people astray.

The concept behind the matrix franchise is still solid though. Green hieroglyph solid.
:o I feel like The Scream painting :o !
Berkley Babes
Thinker

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:53 pm

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:
Ichthus77 wrote:GO BACK

GO BACK

GO BACK

STOP READING

…unless you’ve already seen, in this order: Avatar, Free Guy, The Matrix Trilogy, and (of course) Matrix Resurrections.

My probs with it… after first viewing…

1. At the end, they want to build unreal beauty, aka steak in the matrix. I mean… Compare “Buddy” in Free Guy to “Cypher” in The Matrix Trilogy. Notice how the movie begins… remember Animaniacs…?
2. They turn the Merovingian into a homeless person as if homeless people are trash.
3. The reflections they are rejecting are of older/unattractive people, one of whom needs to fix their marriage, and maybe change her name. Oy vey.

They turn the Merovingian into a homeless person as if homeless people are trash. (Where do you get he's homeless or trash from that? ) The Merovingian was looking shabby and wearing rags and was unkempt. He was in no way depicted as "trash" than he was in the other movies. This seems like your perception more than anything.

I really respect that. It’s true most experiencing homelessness look presentable. It’s also true that looking unkempt doesn’t make one trash.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:59 pm

Berkley Babes wrote:So are we supposed to believe that Trinity saw past Neo looking like a homeless bum? Neo was shown as he appeared to everyone else as a slightly fat, white bearded man, with a dopey hat, almost pirate like. Somehow Trinity sensed her connection to him, anyway. If so, its the most unreal thing the matrix has produced, in a movie about reality.

Also the news the next day about people dive bombing head first into the pavement would have to wiped clean, fresh matrix style. I guess it would be possible to reset all events.

Movies these days are nothing but white lie poisons that led everyday people astray.

The concept behind the matrix franchise is still solid though. Green hieroglyph solid.

I watched it again last night & noticed stuff I’d missed, but… think I’ll hold off.

Pretty sure they see each other the way we do. Even their reflections, though? Reminded me of the Free Guy glitch.

Neo’s reflection seems to change. He just looks middle eastern the first reflection… no beanie. Didn’t ever see his reflection as homeless. Divorced & depressed in second one, maybe. Heh.

Kinda pissed they never painted the sky in rainbows. But. My crazy dreams have plenty of that. Sometimes too much.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Berkley Babes » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:09 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:
Berkley Babes wrote:So are we supposed to believe that Trinity saw past Neo looking like a homeless bum? Neo was shown as he appeared to everyone else as a slightly fat, white bearded man, with a dopey hat, almost pirate like. Somehow Trinity sensed her connection to him, anyway. If so, its the most unreal thing the matrix has produced, in a movie about reality.

I watched it again last night & noticed stuff I’d missed, but… think I’ll hold off.

Pretty sure they see each other the way we do. Even their reflections, though? Reminded me of the Free Guy glitch.

Neo’s reflection seems to change. He just looks middle eastern the first reflection… no beanie. Didn’t ever see his reflection as homeless. Divorced & depressed in second one, maybe. Heh.

Kinda pissed they never painted the sky in rainbows. But. My crazy dreams have plenty of that. Sometimes too much.

Hahaha, I wanted the rainbow too.
Berkley Babes
Thinker

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:16 pm

A movie about reality? What?

The one thing that I would say this movie is really about is that... Love and "free will" are things that disrupt the logic of deterministic flow.
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher

Postby Berkley Babes » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:19 pm

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:

the nature of reality, yes. Probably the main theme. Not every piece of entertainment is meant to be a distraction.
Berkley Babes
Thinker

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:23 pm

Berkley Babes wrote:
WW_III_ANGRY wrote:

the nature of reality, yes. Probably the main theme. Not every piece of entertainment is meant to be a distraction.

Well what else is it about? Illusion and disillusionment? Anything else?
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher

Postby Berkley Babes » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:32 pm

religion, some eastern ideas and some western, the story of the one, a messiah, unity through love or the trinity, but all that is vehicle for storytelling. Whether life is a simulation is the major point. Surely you know that already.
Berkley Babes
Thinker

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:31 am

Matrix Res SPOILER ALERT - Why did they know that he saw himself differently than they saw him? Also, right after that, they make sense of the blue pill in a way that makes the blue pill make *no* sense in the earlier movies (or at least the first one; I can’t remember if it was still used in the second and third).

Clip in question:
https://www.facebook.com/10000369670299 ... 17967/?d=n

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Science, Technology, and Math