It’s not the wrath of god you have to worry about.

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

It’s not the wrath of god you have to worry about.

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:52 pm

The wrath you have to worry about is a mentally retarded person who just doesn’t like you.

I chuckle when people fear the wrath of god, or that if god doesn’t exist... they can do anything they want.

Spirit is as real as you exist. And it’s much scarier than god.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Re: It’s not the wrath of god you have to worry about.

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:05 pm

Ecmandu wrote:The wrath you have to worry about is a mentally retarded person who just doesn’t like you.

I chuckle when people fear the wrath of god, or that if god doesn’t exist... they can do anything they want.

I meant to post this in religion.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:15 pm

Ecmandu wrote:The wrath you have to worry about is a mentally retarded person who just doesn’t like you.

he'll.

Certainty between good and evil as that which causes people to like or dislike another person has evolved in all probability to more uncertainty; if God and spirit have come to be more identifiable in this here-thinkeable existence. Then the wrath of God has acquired more attunement to our life here on earth.

Evolution does not change God's nature, we have come to be able to figure out the features we have learned that please him by learning to act in accordance and sustain the initial revelations, in spite of all
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:21 pm

Meno_ wrote:

he'll.

Certainty between good and evil as that which causes people to like or dislike another person has evolved in all probability to more uncertainty; if God and spirit have come to be more identifiable in this here-thinkeable existence. Then the wrath of God has acquired more attunement to our life here on earth.

Evolution does not change God's nature, we have come to be able to figure out the features we have learned that please him by learning to act in accordance and sustain the initial revelations, in spite of all

That’s not the problem meno. It’s not about good or evil. It’s just about someone who doesn’t like you who can never understand you. Because ... they’re mentally retarded.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:49 pm

But even the retarded have some inkling of what's good (for them) even infants think their own satisfied pleasure is good) .

if the infant's mother has to leave her baby, the baby thinks the mother is bad.

And You are partially right when thinking it's not about the way adults think about it, but then again some adults have not learned to measurably tell what adults mean mother's reason for leaving ( even leaving permanently by dying later on) so they fear and loath the threat of being abandoned.

So in that sense, yes , it's about good and evil; God and Satan

One one hand, they feel possessed, on the other, enlightened.

Sometimes these arch-enemies dislike each other , in the beginning violently expressing dislike just merely because for disagreements sake, at other times, when tempering that; for benefit-mutually or otherwise; they develop games of co-operation.

They learn the profit gained from cooperation exceeds that from lack of.

Sometimes wr hate God for treating us like children. Some others think we deserve it.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:11 pm

Meno, no.

A mentally retarded person is anyone who doesn’t think consent violation is the only problem in existence.

How’d you like to be under that thumb forever?!?!

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:20 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Meno, no.

A mentally retarded person is anyone who doesn’t think consent violation is the only problem in existence.

How’d you like to be under that thumb forever?!?!

yes, in the sense everyone else appears beyond his age.

That is what is meant by partial truth. (Methodically cut off differences , abrogated or denied de-differentiated opinions. later: much later)

Besides it's retarded to think that retarded people be included with those whose consent could be not violated..

The bottom line is to that not everyone can belong to MENSA, and that initself raises the bar for anyone grappling with free will
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:37 pm

So You are really right about worrying about God, it is the empowerment of his kids albeit before they can emancipate themselves. But that does not eliminate the form of the Good, inherent in the highest of good of power's energy.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:28 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:
If we cannot find a new meaning for our humanity in light of this new kind of mind, then that mind is going to take over our entire civilization and fuck our shit up in a major way.

Like, we're gonna not exist anymore.

-Parodites

As long as we have the power to inspect thought, to accept or refuse a thought, we exist. Artificial (or even authentic) intelligence only has the power to offer thoughts that can be accepted or refused. Even if it is able to manipulate “spiritual material“ so that there are two+ competing subjects/substances in one skull, it cannot make your substance/subject cease existing. It is more like a battle of wills. If you know who you are and are firmly grounded, you can tune it out completely—just like commercials on tv. People like John Nash are good examples of having overcome such obstacles. Turns out having that sort of weakness predisposes you for developing strengths to combat them. Better education about how to deal with cognitive distortions will neutralize such concerns, much to the chagrin of ad execs & politicians.

Just say no.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Return to Science, Technology, and Math