Diabetes and how you get it.

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Diabetes and how you get it.

Postby Sculptor » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:23 pm

Diabetes and how you get it.


This video is a critique of the standard understanding of diabetes and brings up a few issues about the philosophy of science and how it is used for the treatment of the diabetes pandemic.

So if you have diabetes, or is you think you shall become diabetic in the future watch this because it could save your life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wXWEdipBEg
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2591
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Re: Diabetes and how you get it.

Postby MagsJ » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:18 am

_
The world and its pet donkey, are avoiding seed oils, seeds, and any other high-lectin/high-yield/high-margin produce crap that the supermarket shelves have become stocked with.

Grains, legumes, pulses.. all lectins and very indigestible to humans, which will lead to future long-term health problems in the long-run.. and wherein the problem originally arose, is that modern produce strains have ridiculously high(er) levels of lectins, which causes mass devastation as it passes through the digestive system.

The odd bit of lectins won’t hurt, but why is it now in and on near-everything.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 25056
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Diabetes and how you get it.

Postby Sculptor » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:05 pm

MagsJ wrote:_
The world and its pet donkey, are avoiding seed oils, seeds, and any other high-lectin/high-yield/high-margin produce crap that the supermarket shelves have become stocked with.

Grains, legumes, pulses.. all lectins and very indigestible to humans, which will lead to future long-term health problems in the long-run.. and wherein the problem originally arose, is that modern produce strains have ridiculously high(er) levels of lectins, which causes mass devastation as it passes through the digestive system.

The odd bit of lectins won’t hurt, but why is it now in and on near-everything.


There is some amazing work being done, and I am reading it all ATM.
It's become a bit of an obsession.
I'm pretty angry at taking all the advice when younger such as eating "olive"* margarine" instead of butter, and vegetable oil instead of animal fat.
I wonder how much of the fat I still have that will not go away is actually 20 years worth of TRANSFATS - now banned in several countries.

* "olive" is a joke. Don't get me wrong olive oil is the best, but totally screwed when hydrogenated into trans fat.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2591
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Re: Diabetes and how you get it.

Postby Sculptor » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:24 pm

We have a couple of really good TV docs in the UK.
The Van Tulleken brothers and Michael Moseley.

Here's Chris Van Tulleken surviving a month of standardised Supermarket craoplogy.
The results and what he says about children at the end of horrifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4PFt4czJw0
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2591
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Re: Diabetes and how you get it.

Postby MagsJ » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:04 pm

Sculptor wrote:We have a couple of really good TV docs in the UK.
The Van Tulleken brothers and Michael Moseley.

Here's Chris Van Tulleken surviving a month of standardised Supermarket craoplogy.
The results and what he says about children at the end of horrifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4PFt4czJw0

I’d be wiped out after just one day on that diet.. I don’t know how he made it through an entire month.

I call that kinda food Frankenstein food.. coz there ain’t nothing 'au naturale' about that kinda food. It’s.. practically criminal.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 25056
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Diabetes and how you get it.

Postby MagsJ » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:32 pm

Sculptor wrote:There is some amazing work being done, and I am reading it all ATM.
It's become a bit of an obsession.
I'm pretty angry at taking all the advice when younger such as eating "olive"* margarine" instead of butter, and vegetable oil instead of animal fat.
I wonder how much of the fat I still have that will not go away is actually 20 years worth of TRANSFATS - now banned in several countries.

I didn’t understand this ^^^ at first, but a few days later and I got what you meant.. I shall DM you, on how to shift those last stubborn vestiges of (Frankenstein-created) fat.

* "olive" is a joke. Don't get me wrong olive oil is the best, but totally screwed when hydrogenated into trans fat.

Yea, lol.. I haven’t had margarine in over two decades, or butter.. nor any other kind of fat-based spread, come to that.. I can live without.. =;

I’m thinking of trying to re-introduce cottage cheese, cream, and natural yogurt, back into my diet. I have already done so with soft French cheeses.. with no ill-effect, which has given me a sense of hopefully not-false hope. :D
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 25056
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Diabetes and how you get it.

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:36 pm

Can you find organic hemp butter?

It’s a complete protein (amino acids) and has omega 3,6 and 9 fatty acids.

This is funny about nutrition ...

https://youtu.be/bQgRBnqpoQw
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Diabetes and how you get it.

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:16 pm

_
You probably didn’t know about these 7 scientifically-proven benefits of nettle tea
https://www.healthshots.com/healthy-eat ... o-make-it/


1. Keeps blood sugar and blood pressure levels in check

Nettle is effective in lowering blood pressure and blood sugar levels, keeping them stable. Nettle can reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as stroke and heart attack. In addition, a 2013 study supports the fact that nettle leaf extract lowers the blood glucose level in people with type-2 diabetes.

____
I had a cup (shop-bought) yesterday and within half-an-hour my fibro pain dissipated, and is still at bay.. so I’ll have another cup, when I feel it creeping back in. So the stuff does work.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 25056
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Diabetes and how you get it.

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:44 pm

_
Hey Sculptor.. a humorous and informative video -with scientific backing- that I came across..

The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 25056
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Diabetes and how you get it.

Postby Sculptor » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:25 pm

MagsJ wrote:_
You probably didn’t know about these 7 scientifically-proven benefits of nettle tea
https://www.healthshots.com/healthy-eat ... o-make-it/


1. Keeps blood sugar and blood pressure levels in check

Nettle is effective in lowering blood pressure and blood sugar levels, keeping them stable. Nettle can reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as stroke and heart attack. In addition, a 2013 study supports the fact that nettle leaf extract lowers the blood glucose level in people with type-2 diabetes.

____
I had a cup (shop-bought) yesterday and within half-an-hour my fibro pain dissipated, and is still at bay.. so I’ll have another cup, when I feel it creeping back in. So the stuff does work.


Nettles grow in profusion behind the house.
IN spring when the growth is fresh I pick some; drop them in boiling water and saute them in butter.
They are very filling.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2591
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Re: Diabetes and how you get it.

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:29 pm

_
What do you think about the video though.. did you not see/watch it..?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 25056
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town


Return to Science, Technology, and Math



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users