I’m just testing...

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

I’m just testing...

Postby Ecmandu » Tue May 31, 2022 3:48 pm

I’m used to changing worlds.

They’re all torture worlds.

I just need to know which one I’m in.

Flannel Jesus is deleting my posts from the 1/3 revisited thread.

My response to motor in that thread was/is this:

You’re using base 12 because you don’t understand placeholders.

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,a,b,c

No contradiction dividing 12 by 3 or 4.

This is a test. Felix may delete this.

I need to know my new reality.

It changes every day.

I need to get my bearings.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Re: I’m just testing...

Postby iambiguous » Tue May 31, 2022 3:53 pm

Ecmandu wrote:No contradiction dividing 12 by 3 or 4.

Really? Well, what if 12 doesn't grant its consent to be divided by either one of them?

And what if it does grant its consent to both but neither of them will? :-k
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=176529
Then here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 5&t=185296
And here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=194382

"Sure, it works in practice, but does it work in theory?"

Danny Embling: "People wonder how Hitler managed to get so many followers...it's never surprised me."
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Tue May 31, 2022 4:00 pm

iambiguous wrote:

Really? Well, what if 12 doesn't grant its consent to be divided by either one of them?

12 is an eternal form. It’s not sentient.

Iambiguous.

Let me explain this to you very simply.

The more of a conscience you have. The worse the hell you’re in.

That’s how existence exists.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Tue May 31, 2022 4:34 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
iambiguous wrote:

Okay, what if twelve sentient friends don't grant their consent to someone to be divided into smaller groups? But that someone does it anyway.

Or...

What if they do grant their consent to be divided into smaller groups but that someone then refuses to do it?

How do you distinguish "consent violation" here?

Iambiguous.

Given what particular context? John has more of a conscience than Jane in regard to Jean's abortion. But is it in regard to the natural rights of the fetus to live or the political rights of Jean to choose?

And how would you describe hell here? A literal Hell as she would describe it? Or something different.

And most importantly [to me] how exactly would you go about demonstrating this to others such that they are ontologically -- teleologically? -- obligated to think about hell here exactly as you do?
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Danny Embling: "People wonder how Hitler managed to get so many followers...it's never surprised me."
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Tue May 31, 2022 4:49 pm

Iambiguous.

Hell is not ambiguous’.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Tue May 31, 2022 5:19 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Iambiguous.

Hell is not ambiguous’.

Okay, if you say so.

Now, back to this:

Ecmandu wrote:
iambiguous wrote:

Okay, what if twelve sentient friends don't grant their consent to someone to be divided into smaller groups? But that someone does it anyway.

Or...

What if they do grant their consent to be divided into smaller groups but that someone then refuses to do it?

Iambiguous.

Given what particular context? John has more of a conscience than Jane in regard to Jean's abortion. But is it in regard to the natural rights of the fetus to live or the political rights of Jean to choose?

And how would you describe hell here? A literal Hell as she would describe it? Or something different.

And most importantly [to me] how exactly would you go about demonstrating this to others such that they are ontologically -- teleologically? -- obligated to think about hell here exactly as you do?

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Tue May 31, 2022 6:22 pm

Hell is self evident. Just like existence itself is self evident.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Tue May 31, 2022 10:20 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Hell is self evident. Just like existence itself is self evident.

Okay, if you say so.

Now, back to this:

Ecmandu wrote:
iambiguous wrote:

Or...

Iambiguous.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:22 pm

Iambiguous.

You always avoid what I keep saying.

If anyone is hurting and you have a conscience, you hurt as well.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:43 pm

Solution for all: rest of both worlds.nevermind content when it's merely a formal arrangement, and never mind the form when and if that double slit argument appears to flail.*

*fish like, out of it >h20<

Simply all consuming, in a menu of irreducibilities.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby iambiguous » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:00 pm

You always avoid what I keep saying.

If anyone is hurting and you have a conscience, you hurt as well.

Now, how could you not have a "condition" and actually believe this?

Note to others:

You tell me, am I avoiding what he is saying on this thread or is he avoiding what I'm saying?

Here, for example:

Ecmandu wrote:
iambiguous wrote:

Or...

Iambiguous.

Now, I figure the reason he avoids it is because he does have a "condition" that predisposes him to avoid seriously exploring points raised to him that challenge his "condition".

I'm thinking maybe one day he will dive down deep into the points I make and it will finally dawn on him that he actually does have a "condition".

And get help?

Either that or ecmandu really is just this character he plays here.

Though, sure, this is all just a wild ass guess on my part. What do I really know about him?

I merely hope that someday he will get his act -- his plan -- together and really, really, really leave. How can that not bring ILP but a little closer to the forum it used to be when I first joined? Along with her and her ilk too. And, of course the fulminating fanatic pinheads.

You know, if "I" do say so myself.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:48 pm

Iambiguous.

I’m going to be very nice to you. Because I can tear your arguments and mind apart without even trying.

You do you. And I’ll do work.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:13 pm

I’m going to be very nice to you. Because I can tear your arguments and mind apart without even trying.

I challenge you to.

Let's start here:

Or...

Your "consent violation" argument may well transcend what I construe to be a "condition". Sure, it might be a perfectly reasonable frame of mind that I am simply unable to grasp.

So, bring it down to earth. Cite examples from your own live to illustrate it.

Or your take on conscience and hell:

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:45 pm

Iambiguous.

In a cruel universe. You have what’s called a ‘defenders mind’.

You’re trying to defend yourself and everyone from all attacks.

I appreciate your effort.

You’re doing it wrong.

You’ll be sent to hell for having ‘no self’ and posting and responding to messages. And I’ve barely even started with you.

I’m going to tell you the correct way to have a defenders mind.

- you weren’t taught correctly
- you have a mental handicap
- you have a tic disorder

That covers everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:18 pm

You’re doing it wrong.

You’ll be sent to hell for having ‘no self’ and posting and responding to messages. And I’ve barely even started with you.

That covers everyone.

Noted.

Now, let's get back to this:

iambiguous wrote:

I challenge you to.

Let's start here:

Or...

Your "consent violation" argument may well transcend what I construe to be a "condition". Sure, it might be a perfectly reasonable frame of mind that I am simply unable to grasp.

So, bring it down to earth. Cite examples from your own live to illustrate it.

Or your take on conscience and hell:

It needs to sink in as to why you refuse to respond to the points I raise. Why you fiercely avoid going there. My guess: it's the "condition".

But what if it's not?

Then it becomes a matter of whether I have a "breakthrough" moment with you. You actually do attempt to explain to yourself why you think what you do. "Somehow" it begins to dawn on you that you don't have the capacity to substantiate what you believe even to yourself!!

That eureka moment some objectivists have when my own frame of mind finally puts enough cracks in their own precious Self.

Or, okay, sure, that eureka moment for me when their own "one of us vs. one of them" frame of mind finally puts enough adhesive in my own fractured and fragmented "self".

Win/win.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:26 pm

Iambiguous.

In case you haven’t figured it out yet.

We need to change the entire structure of existence to solve the consent violation problem. No matter how wise I am and how hard I try, I’m hurting someone.

Same with you.

Does that answer your question?

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:42 pm

We need to change the entire structure of existence to solve the consent violation problem. No matter how wise I am and how hard I try, I’m hurting someone.

Same with you.

Nope, no breakthrough here. Just more of the same unsubstantiated claims that one would expect from someone with a "condition".

Again, I grant you my consent to respond to the points I noted above. Do not...I repeat, do not...violate it!

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:51 pm

iambiguous wrote:

Same with you.

Nope, no breakthrough here. Just more of the same unsubstantiated claims that one would expect from someone with a "condition".

Again, I grant you my consent to respond to the points I noted above. Do not...I repeat, do not...violate it!

First off. Hell is not what you think it is. It is supernatural.

What’s very tragic about going through actual hell is that very few people go through it, so you have nobody to commiserate with, and you do everything in your power to prevent others from going there... you literally work your entire life to have nobody to commiserate with!!

I answered your 12 person question. I thought that’s what you wanted me to answer. There is no correct answer. Existence needs to be changed structurally for there to be a correct answer.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:38 pm

Or...

Ecmandu wrote:I answered your 12 person question.

Okay, let's focus in on this.

On four occasions above, I noted how a "consent violation" might play out. In the first you don't give your consent to someone to do something but they do it anyway. In the second, you do give your consent but then they don't do it.

Now, how are your posts above...

"Hell is self evident. Just like existence itself is self evident."

"You always avoid what I keep saying.
If anyone is hurting and you have a conscience, you hurt as well."

"I’m going to be very nice to you. Because I can tear your arguments and mind apart without even trying.
You do you. And I’ll do work."

You’re doing it wrong.

That covers everyone.

In case you haven’t figured it out yet."

"We need to change the entire structure of existence to solve the consent violation problem. No matter how wise I am and how hard I try, I’m hurting someone.

Same with you.

Does that answer your question?"

...an adequate answer to my 12 person question?

Think about it, and give yourself the answer. Then come here and give that answer to me.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:13 am

Iambiguous.

You’ve frustrated me, but I’ve never thought of you as evil.

Now I do.

What part of: “your question cannot be resolved unless existence is structurally changed” do you not understand?

I gave you a perfect answer.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:00 pm

You’ve frustrated me, but I’ve never thought of you as evil.

Now I do.

What part of: “your question cannot be resolved unless existence is structurally changed” do you not understand?

I gave you a perfect answer.

You can't say I haven't tried to get you to grasp that immense gap between the things you claim here and the things you are able to actually demonstrate.

Again, even to yourself.

I can only speculate that, perhaps, one day it will occur to you that, in fact, you can't demonstrate them even to yourself. That it is the "condition" in your head. That breakthrough moment when you come back down to Earth with all the rest of us who have to go on living in a world where there is so much human pain and suffering.

Where there is no "plan" that will make it go away.

This part: https://youtu.be/VKcAYMb5uk4

Then you can take that part up with her and her Christian God.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:22 pm

Iambiguous.

I suffered every step with my body. WAY worse than what you’ve endured here.

I did what’s called a soul split. That means you’re eternally damned.

I was forced to do it to figure out why my heavens (an infinite number of beings) was corrupted.

Iambiguous. I feel everything. And I know way more than you can currently comprehend.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:53 pm

I suffered every step with my body. WAY worse than what you’ve endured here.

I did what’s called a soul split. That means you’re eternally damned.

I was forced to do it to figure out why my heavens (an infinite number of beings) was corrupted.

Iambiguous. I feel everything. And I know way more than you can currently comprehend.

You suffered, I suffered, we all suffered. But how pathetic is the need to claim that your own suffering is "worse" than the suffering of others?

For all I know, it was the suffering itself that created the "condition". The sheer magnitude of human suffering day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, decade after decade, century after century!!!

We all have to come up with one or another "psychological defense mechanism" to cope with it, right?

For some it is God and His mysterious ways. For others it is objectivism..."if it wasn't for those who are not 'one of us' there would be no suffering at all". For still others it is nihilism..."fuck it all, what's in it for me"? Or look at peacegirl and her author's "remedy"!!

Then there's your own path. One that may well be "beyond your control". Tangled up in the chemical and neurological knots in your brain.

Again, what can I possibly know about that?

I can only attempt to nudge you in a direction that "here and now" seems to make sense to me.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:05 pm

Iambiguous.

That’s the most honest reply on ILP I’ve ever seen you give.

People get very competitive. The one competition you don’t want to win is being the person who suffers the most.

There are no bragging rights to it.

I don’t know how to explain this to you.

I’m back in my body now.

I came back from a soul split to analyze all of existence to find out why an infinite number of beings were pulled out of their infinite heavens.

My heavens were digital.

Analog corrupted them.

Now I have to fix analog.

I have no problem with you iambiguous.

I’m just a person like you. (At the end of the day)

Iambiguous.

You are not talking to the same person you talked to before.

This is not multiple personalities.

I did a soul split.

It’s more complicated.

Now that I’m back in my body, ask me anything you want.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:53 pm

That’s the most honest reply on ILP I’ve ever seen you give.

People get very competitive. The one competition you don’t want to win is being the person who suffers the most.

There are no bragging rights to it.

I don’t know how to explain this to you.

I’m back in my body now.

I came back from a soul split to analyze all of existence to find out why an infinite number of beings were pulled out of their infinite heavens.

My heavens were digital.

Analog corrupted them.

Now I have to fix analog.

I have no problem with you iambiguous.

I’m just a person like you. (At the end of the day)

Iambiguous.

You are not talking to the same person you talked to before.

This is not multiple personalities.

I did a soul split.

It’s more complicated.

Now that I’m back in my body, ask me anything you want.

Beam him down, Scotty.

To Earth for starters.

Hey, I tried, right?

But the fate -- Destiny -- of The New ILP now seems sealed: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 2&t=197986

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Next

Return to Science, Technology, and Math