setting things true

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

setting things true

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Fri May 06, 2022 7:27 pm

from Daily Kos:

But that complicated patchwork of abortion restrictions and rights isn’t a long-term solution for forced birthers. Indeed, Ernst, who's a member of the GOP leadership, says Senate Republicans are weighing whether Congress should enact abortion restrictions nationwide.

"We're debating now," Ernst said. "We're going to continue to debate that. I think that's important that we do that, to debate it."

Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas was a little more decisive.

"I have supported numerous federal bills, and I'm sure there will be more pieces of federal legislation that are considered," Cruz said.

But it was Sen. Kevin Cramer of North Dakota who really put a point on why nothing short of a federal ban will do for Republicans.

“Just take my state of North Dakota. Having a North Dakota child killed in the womb in Fargo versus Moorhead, Minnesota, you know, on the other side of the Red River — I don’t find a lot of solace in that just because it didn’t happen in my state,” Cramer told NBC. “I think you could expect that pro-life activists would push for federal protections. I mean, I wouldn’t take that off the table.”

This is precisely the conversation and the midterm messaging McConnell was desperate to avoid—the reality that Republicans ultimately want to codify an abortion ban into federal law. On Tuesday, McConnell sought to pour cold water on discussion of federal restrictions by vowing to preserve the filibuster—the 60-vote threshold—for passing legislation if Republicans reclaim the Senate majority in November. In other words, don't worry, we'll never find 60 votes to outlaw abortion nationwide.

When asked if he would protect the filibuster at all costs, McConnell shot back, "Absolutely. ... We don’t want to break the Senate, and that’s breaking the Senate.”

You read that right. McConnell, who stole two seats on the Supreme Court—and eliminated the filibuster to do it—is now worried about the integrity of the Senate.

Lest anyone forget, McConnell built the monster that is getting ready to declare open season on every right and protection afforded to anyone who isn't white, male, and hetero. That, in turn, will instantly make the Supreme Court one of the least trusted institutions in the country, courtesy of McConnell and Senate Republicans.

As Georgia Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams said, "The abomination of that leaked opinion is coming to find every one of us."

Make no mistake: That's the GOP project now. They’re coming for us, and they will be using every tool at their disposal to do so—be it the high court, the House, the Senate, or the White House. And when the time is right, McConnell won't think twice about killing the filibuster to achieve his legislative ends, just like he didn't think twice about killing the filibuster to pack the high court with right-wing justices.

Ernst, Cruz, and Cramer know that. So does McConnell, he just wishes his caucus members weren’t giving away the game before November.

K: foolishly UR has claimed that abortion rights are best found
in letting local jurisdictions making laws...
that the conservative has no interest in ending Roe V Wade
via the federal government... he is lying to you..
that the GOP is actively trying to end Roe V Wade and
preventing women from getting birth control pills
and ending gay rights is pretty clear by federal action...
UR and Observe favor local action when it works for them,
when it favors them, they are all about federal intrusion
into people's lives... notice their whining about mask
and vaccines needs to be done on a local level, not
a federal level...because that is convenient for them,
or said another way, they hold belief in local government
over federal action when it suits them, it is situational
government that they want... the situation dictates
which aspect of the government they want or don't want
action from.....

Kropotkin
Now if only I could get the other "members of the collection of truth"
to put me on ignore, life would be good..

PK
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11200
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: setting things true

Postby obsrvr524 » Fri May 06, 2022 11:06 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:K: foolishly UR has claimed that abortion rights are best found
in letting local jurisdictions making laws...
that the conservative has no interest in ending Roe V Wade
via the federal government... he is lying to you..

No. He is actually exactly right. And as always - it is YOU who are spreading the communist propaganda and lies.

The communist NY senator Chuck Schumer has been pushing for the US Congress to make a federal law banning any US State from handling their abortion issues on their own - as the US Constitution requires. He has blatantly promoted violence - fascism - along with the entire "Democrat"/socialist/communist/progressive party against SCOTUS judges and their families in order to persuade them to do as the communist party wishes. In the US that is a federal crime - but - like O'Biden - US law only applies to non-communists.
              You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
    It's just the same Satanism as always -
    • separate the bottom from the top,
    • the left from the right,
    • the light from the dark, and
    • blame each for the sins of the other
    • - until they beg you to take charge.
    • -- but "you" have been observed --

The prospect of death weighs naught upon the purpose of life - James S Saint - 2009
obsrvr524
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4237
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: setting things true

Postby Ecmandu » Mon May 09, 2022 10:28 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:K: foolishly UR has claimed that abortion rights are best found
in letting local jurisdictions making laws...
that the conservative has no interest in ending Roe V Wade
via the federal government... he is lying to you..

No. He is actually exactly right. And as always - it is YOU who are spreading the communist propaganda and lies.

The communist NY senator Chuck Schumer has been pushing for the US Congress to make a federal law banning any US State from handling their abortion issues on their own - as the US Constitution requires. He has blatantly promoted violence - fascism - along with the entire "Democrat"/socialist/communist/progressive party against SCOTUS judges and their families in order to persuade them to do as the communist party wishes. In the US that is a federal crime - but - like O'Biden - US law only applies to non-communists.



Stop picking on Peter.

The constitution doesn’t allow the equal protection clause to be violated. That has never been amended. It’s broken constantly, but it’s still on paper.

If they don’t make it federal law, rich people and poor people have different laws.

That’s against everything the constitution in print and spirit stands for.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: setting things true

Postby Ecmandu » Mon May 09, 2022 11:04 pm

I can even use the second amendment to protect abortion.

Right to bear arms from threats foreign and domestic.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: setting things true

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue May 10, 2022 8:17 am

Just because you can't understand logic that is too complex for you, Kropotkin, doesn't mean it's a lie.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: setting things true

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue May 10, 2022 8:21 am

Ecmandu wrote:Stop picking on Peter.

The constitution doesn’t allow the equal protection clause to be violated. That has never been amended. It’s broken constantly, but it’s still on paper.

If they don’t make it federal law, rich people and poor people have different laws.

That’s against everything the constitution in print and spirit stands for.

That's not true.

The Constitution guarantees Human Rights for both rich and poor, but outside the fundamental rights, there are no rules. Rules maybe created by local and state legislations and enacted by local and state judiciaries, as long as they do not infringe upon the Bill of Rights.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm


Return to Current Events



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users