the good guy with a gun argument

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat May 28, 2022 5:39 pm

the specious theory of the GOP/MAGA party is that by
allowing everyone, EVERYONE including people with mental
problems to have guns is that a "good" person with a gun will
stop ''bad" people, by shooting them.. the GOP/MAGA answer
to everything is violence... a viable solution for them is
"good" people shooting ''bad'' people...

and yet events prove them wrong...
at that Texas school, there were three security personnel
that had guns, and yet that didn't stop the boy from killing
19 children.. the police, trained personnel refused to enter
the building for over an hour, for fear of being shot...
that they could hear the boy shooting children and still
they did nothing for their fear of being shot....
and the GOP/MAGA CROWD hopes to fool you into
thinking if only the teacher had a gun.. and yet,
the police, trained personnel refused to go into that
classroom, should tell you everything you need to know
about the value of having a gun... the police themselves
don't believe that having a gun will protect them,
why should we believe that having a gun will protect us?

think about this.... even trained personnel don't believe a gun will
protect them... the entire argument of the cowardice GOP/MAGA
crowd depends on you believing in something, that the police
don't even believe in....

Kropotkin
Now if only I could get the other "members of the collection of truth"
to put me on ignore, life would be good..

PK
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11201
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Motor Daddy » Sat May 28, 2022 6:03 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... er-parents

I don’t like weapons – I cannot be around weapons,” Reyes said to ABC. “I’m against all that … I would’ve reported him.


It sounds like the father of the shooter was a Democrat that didn't approve of guns.

So the kid was raised by a Democrat that didn't like weapons.

This kid was a product of a Democrat.

You know what happens when kids rebel against their parents? They do the exact opposite of what their parents would do, and in this case they go buy a gun and shoot it up!

Maybe if he was educated by his parents about responsible gun handling this would never have happened. Who knows. What we do know is that his father didn't like weapons and couldn't be around them.

Ignorance killed the cat!

The mother said:

He had his reasons for doing what he did. Please don’t judge him. I only want the innocent children who died to forgive me.


She just wants to be forgiven by the dead children.

"He had his reasons for doing what he did. Please don’t judge him."

I WILL judge him, "He was a cowardice P.O.S that killed innocent children." Put that on his tombstone!
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat May 28, 2022 6:20 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/may/27/texas-school-shooter-parents

I don’t like weapons – I cannot be around weapons,” Reyes said to ABC. “I’m against all that … I would’ve reported him.


It sounds like the father of the shooter was a Democrat that didn't approve of guns.

So the kid was raised by a Democrat that didn't like weapons.

This kid was a product of a Democrat.

You know what happens when kids rebel against their parents? They do the exact opposite of what their parents would do, and in this case they go buy a gun and shoot it up!

Maybe if he was educated by his parents about responsible gun handling this would never have happened. Who knows. What we do know is that his father didn't like weapons and couldn't be around them.

Ignorance killed the cat!

The mother said:

He had his reasons for doing what he did. Please don’t judge him. I only want the innocent children who died to forgive me.


She just wants to be forgiven by the dead children.

"He had his reasons for doing what he did. Please don’t judge him."

I WILL judge him, "He was a cowardice P.O.S that killed innocent children." Put that on his tombstone!


K: read the article and at no point, AT NO POINT, was
the father's political party revealed... it is just another
assumption... in the U.S, quite a few Hispanics are actually
conservatives, republicans... but we don't know..
and secondly, how does the father's political party,
which we don't know, influence the son's killing
19 children.. I could just as easily make the argument
that the father was a conservative as many Hispanics are,
and the son was just following in the father's footstep...

one of the assumptions here is that because the father,
backdating by the way, he is against guns, that automatically
means he is a democrat... I know many conservatives, republicans
who hate the gun culture...believe in one or the other, doesn't mean
much...

Kropotkin
Now if only I could get the other "members of the collection of truth"
to put me on ignore, life would be good..

PK
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11201
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Motor Daddy » Sat May 28, 2022 6:23 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
one of the assumptions here is that because the father,
backdating by the way, he is against guns, that automatically
means he is a democrat...
Kropotkin


How about you find out which party he affiliated with and get back with us on that?

Tell us, Peter, was he a Democrat or Republican?

I mean, your opening line was a politically based statement, so we need to know which party his parents were affiliated with.

FOR SURE his Father was anti-gun.
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat May 28, 2022 6:28 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:
one of the assumptions here is that because the father,
backdating by the way, he is against guns, that automatically
means he is a democrat...
Kropotkin


How about you find out which party he affiliated with and get back with us on that?

Tell us, Peter, was he a Democrat or Republican?


K: and answered. I said, I DON'T KNOW...
but interestedly enough, over 25% of all Hispanics, vote GOP/CONSERVATIVE
and in FLA, in the last presidential, Cuban/American's voted
GOP, 56% to 26%... you are assuming that because he was
Hispanic, he must vote democratic...

Kropotkin
Now if only I could get the other "members of the collection of truth"
to put me on ignore, life would be good..

PK
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11201
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Motor Daddy » Sat May 28, 2022 6:33 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
K: and answered. I said, I DON'T KNOW...
but interestedly enough, over 25% of all Hispanics, vote GOP/CONSERVATIVE
and in FLA, in the last presidential, Cuban/American's voted
GOP, 56% to 26%... you are assuming that because he was
Hispanic, he must vote democratic...

Kropotkin


I said nothing of "Hispanic" you racist.

I was quoting what the father said, which was that he did not approve of guns and couldn't be around them.

If we are to believe that then it stands to reason that he didn't educate his son on the proper handling and responsibilities of handling a gun. He did not educate his son on gun safety.

Ignorance killed the cat!

...and since you doubt he was a Democrat how about you find out for us all so we can all know what he was?
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat May 28, 2022 6:39 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:
K: and answered. I said, I DON'T KNOW...
but interestedly enough, over 25% of all Hispanics, vote GOP/CONSERVATIVE
and in FLA, in the last presidential, Cuban/American's voted
GOP, 56% to 26%... you are assuming that because he was
Hispanic, he must vote democratic...

Kropotkin


I said nothing of "Hispanic" you racist.

I was quoting what the father said, which was that he did not approve of guns and couldn't be around them.

If we are to believe that then it stands to reason that he didn't educate his son on the proper handling and responsibilities of handling a gun. He did not educate his son on gun safety.

Ignorance killed the cat!

...and since you doubt he was a Democrat how about you find out for us all so we can all know what he was?


K: a whole lot of assumptions in your post.. I never said either way if he is
democratic or GOP, that is your assumption. and it is an assumption that
he did or didn't "educate" his son on gun safety, we don't know..

and I will not play your game of making the arguments for you...

make an argument because I will not make your arguments for you...

Kropotkin
Now if only I could get the other "members of the collection of truth"
to put me on ignore, life would be good..

PK
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11201
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Motor Daddy » Sat May 28, 2022 6:45 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:and I will not play your game of making the arguments for you...

make an argument because I will not make your arguments for you...

Kropotkin


We can leave it at his father didn't approve of guns and couldn't be around them.

So how do you educate your son on proper handling of guns when you don't approve of them and couldn't be around them?

You think he gave his son a class on gun safety and responsible gun handling without being around a gun?

...or do you think he didn't educate his son on the subject?

Which one?
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat May 28, 2022 6:49 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:and I will not play your game of making the arguments for you...

make an argument because I will not make your arguments for you...

Kropotkin


We can leave it at his father didn't approve of guns and couldn't be around them.

So how do you educate your son on proper handling of guns when you don't approve of them and couldn't be around them?

You think he gave his son a class on gun safety and responsible gun handling without being around a gun?

K: I have answered that... but by all means, make an argument, as I will
not make your arguments for you...

Kropotkin
Now if only I could get the other "members of the collection of truth"
to put me on ignore, life would be good..

PK
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11201
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Motor Daddy » Sat May 28, 2022 6:54 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:K: I have answered that... but by all means, make an argument, as I will
not make your arguments for you...

Kropotkin


I already did, It was a direct quote by the father of the shooter:

I don’t like weapons – I cannot be around weapons,” Reyes said to ABC. “I’m against all that … I would’ve reported him.


His father's words!

But you doubt that he didn't educate his son on gun safety.

So my question to you is how do you educate your son on gun safety without being around a gun?
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat May 28, 2022 7:30 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:K: I have answered that... but by all means, make an argument, as I will
not make your arguments for you...

Kropotkin


I already did, It was a direct quote by the father of the shooter:

I don’t like weapons – I cannot be around weapons,” Reyes said to ABC. “I’m against all that … I would’ve reported him.


His father's words!

But you doubt that he didn't educate his son on gun safety.

So my question to you is how do you educate your son on gun safety without being around a gun?


K: I will not make your arguments for you...

Kropotkin
Now if only I could get the other "members of the collection of truth"
to put me on ignore, life would be good..

PK
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11201
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Sculptor » Sat May 28, 2022 10:05 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/may/27/texas-school-shooter-parents

I don’t like weapons – I cannot be around weapons,” Reyes said to ABC. “I’m against all that … I would’ve reported him.


It sounds like the father of the shooter was a Democrat that didn't approve of guns.

So the kid was raised by a Democrat that didn't like weapons.

This kid was a product of a Democrat.

No. He was a product of Fox News propaganda.
A child in rebellion, raging against phantoms of invented by Trump and Carlson.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2590
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby derleydoo » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:50 am

Motor Daddy wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:and I will not play your game of making the arguments for you...

make an argument because I will not make your arguments for you...

Kropotkin


We can leave it at his father didn't approve of guns and couldn't be around them.

So how do you educate your son on proper handling of guns when you don't approve of them and couldn't be around them?

You think he gave his son a class on gun safety and responsible gun handling without being around a gun?

...or do you think he didn't educate his son on the subject?

Which one?


I am from the UK. We are not educated when it comes to firearms.

What is there to learn?

"Listen son, I don't approve of guns. You will notice I don't have one in the house. However, let me tell you this - if you point a gun at someone, and pull the trigger - you, my son, will cause harm, possibly death."

"Is it okay to go into a school, and shoot lots of children, dad?"

"Oh son, it's a pity we don't have a gun around. I would show you why that is not okay."

Sorry, MD, not impressed with your argument.

Could this disaster have been avoided? Of course it could!

Quote from the UK newspaper:

However, there were warning signs online.

There was the Instagram picture of a hand holding a gun magazine, a TikTok profile that warned: “Kids be scared,” and the image of two military-style semi-automatic assault rifles displayed on a rug, pinned to the top of the killer’s Instagram profile.


Pity the Instagram 'warning' went unnoticed.
User avatar
derleydoo
Thinker
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:03 am

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Motor Daddy » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:16 pm

derleydoo wrote:What is there to learn?


Plenty.

You learn where to safely shoot, like at a range.

Instead of a blind fascination with guns, and a target of kids in a school, he could have been at a range shooting paper targets, or legally hunting Whitetail Deer. He could have shot his weapon at paper or deer instead of innocent children.

If properly instructed and educated on weapons, he could have been on his way to being the next greatest marksman in competition. His time would have been spent learning about his weapons, ballistics, etc.

He would have had a hobby which could have lead to great things.

Instead he was uneducated, had too much time on his hands, and conjured up some plan to kill.

"An idle mind is the devil's playground."
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:59 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:
derleydoo wrote:What is there to learn?


Plenty.

You learn where to safely shoot, like at a range.

Instead of a blind fascination with guns, and a target of kids in a school, he could have been at a range shooting paper targets, or legally hunting Whitetail Deer. He could have shot his weapon at paper or deer instead of innocent children.

If properly instructed and educated on weapons, he could have been on his way to being the next greatest marksman in competition. His time would have been spent learning about his weapons, ballistics, etc.

He would have had a hobby which could have lead to great things.

Instead he was uneducated, had too much time on his hands, and conjured up some plan to kill.

"An idle mind is the devil's playground."


K: reread what you said honestly, and you will see it for what it is,
delusional...I say that because you are clearly not a parent and most likely
very young...

Kropotkin
Now if only I could get the other "members of the collection of truth"
to put me on ignore, life would be good..

PK
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11201
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Motor Daddy » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:04 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:K: reread what you said honestly, and you will see it for what it is,
delusional...I say that because you are clearly not a parent and most likely
very young...

Kropotkin


....or it could be that I am a parent and instructed my son on the proper use of weapons. It could be that I used to teach firearms safety in the Army, and that I used to run a qualification range for M16's.

Most likely YOU are the delusional one.
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:45 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
Motor Daddy wrote:
derleydoo wrote:What is there to learn?


Plenty.

You learn where to safely shoot, like at a range.

Instead of a blind fascination with guns, and a target of kids in a school, he could have been at a range shooting paper targets, or legally hunting Whitetail Deer. He could have shot his weapon at paper or deer instead of innocent children.

If properly instructed and educated on weapons, he could have been on his way to being the next greatest marksman in competition. His time would have been spent learning about his weapons, ballistics, etc.

He would have had a hobby which could have lead to great things.

Instead he was uneducated, had too much time on his hands, and conjured up some plan to kill.

"An idle mind is the devil's playground."


K: reread what you said HONESTLY...you are nowhere near reality in
the above statement.. pretending children are little robots that
follow directions, that isn't reality... that if only he had a hobby,
he never would have shot 21 people... really? If Hitler only had
a hobby, he never would have organized the deaths of millions...
If only he had a hobby, Charles Manson wouldn't have killed anyone..
why that is all we have to do to make the world a safer place,
make sure everyone has a hobby.... right?
that is clearly the path to utopia... right?


Kropotkin
Now if only I could get the other "members of the collection of truth"
to put me on ignore, life would be good..

PK
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11201
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Motor Daddy » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:57 pm

https://thecmp.org/

How many of the people in the link above have went and shot up a school? None?
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:36 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:https://thecmp.org/

How many of the people in the link above have went and shot up a school? None?


K: I have no way on earth of knowing if anyone in that clip has
shot anyone or not... your ''example'' proves absolutely nothing...


Kropotkin
Now if only I could get the other "members of the collection of truth"
to put me on ignore, life would be good..

PK
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11201
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby derleydoo » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:17 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:https://thecmp.org/

How many of the people in the link above have went and shot up a school? None?


Seriously?

It has to be said - one or two looked a bit iffy.
User avatar
derleydoo
Thinker
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:03 am

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Motor Daddy » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:13 am

derleydoo wrote:
Motor Daddy wrote:https://thecmp.org/

How many of the people in the link above have went and shot up a school? None?


Seriously?

It has to be said - one or two looked a bit iffy.


So you judge people by their looks?
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby derleydoo » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:35 am

Motor Daddy wrote:
derleydoo wrote:
Motor Daddy wrote:https://thecmp.org/

How many of the people in the link above have went and shot up a school? None?


Seriously?

It has to be said - one or two looked a bit iffy.


So you judge people by their looks?


I don't wish to disappoint you, MD, but I was being a tad - what's the word? - facetious? ironic?

You posted a 'video' which contained photographs of lots of folk that you don't know from Adam. You made a statement about those strangers, concerning their past, or possibly their future behaviour... Based upon nothing but their appearance - "looks".

Doesn't that seem a little bit silly to you?
User avatar
derleydoo
Thinker
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:03 am

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Sculptor » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:07 pm

"America is sick and her sickness endangers the whole world. Given America’s immense power and resources, a cure must be found within. The first thing that is needed is an education teaching that hate must be avoided, that excellence does not consist in violence. To achieve this change of outlook is an immense task which America’s “Radicals” must attempt to carry out. Whether the necessary heroism will be forthcoming, I do not know. We can only hope that it may be so."
— Bertrand Russell, Bertrand Russell’s America: Volume II (1945–1970), Part II. The Increase of American Violence, Published in truncated form as The Ethos of Violence in The Minority of One, January 1965, p. 607
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2590
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Re: the good guy with a gun argument

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:23 pm

Sculptor wrote:"America is sick and her sickness endangers the whole world. Given America’s immense power and resources, a cure must be found within. The first thing that is needed is an education teaching that hate must be avoided, that excellence does not consist in violence. To achieve this change of outlook is an immense task which America’s “Radicals” must attempt to carry out. Whether the necessary heroism will be forthcoming, I do not know. We can only hope that it may be so."
— Bertrand Russell, Bertrand Russell’s America: Volume II (1945–1970), Part II. The Increase of American Violence, Published in truncated form as The Ethos of Violence in The Minority of One, January 1965, p. 607


K: Socrates felt that a philosopher was a doctor of the soul...
and the soul is sick here in America.. that much is clear...
but to cure any illness, including soul sickness, we need to find
the cause of this soul sickness...and once an illness has been
been diagnosed, then and only then can a cure be found...

Kropotkin
Now if only I could get the other "members of the collection of truth"
to put me on ignore, life would be good..

PK
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11201
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state


Return to Current Events



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users