A New Type of Theology in a New World

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Motor Daddy » Thu May 12, 2022 8:00 pm

Mackerni wrote:
Have you ever thought about expanding your idea of God that doesn't include the literal definitions of it placed in the Bible?

Yes, and I renamed it. I don't call it God. Want to see a pic?

Squared Circle.png
Squared Circle.png (35.86 KiB) Viewed 235 times
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Motor Daddy » Thu May 12, 2022 8:02 pm

You want to see a pic of change?

47g8k.jpg
47g8k.jpg (163.1 KiB) Viewed 234 times
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Motor Daddy » Thu May 12, 2022 8:04 pm

...and the equations that prove change over time:

duvat.jpg
duvat.jpg (76.71 KiB) Viewed 234 times
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Mackerni » Thu May 12, 2022 8:06 pm

And yet humans understand evolution more now than ever. I get it. The square and the circle are similar but different; they could represent the Christian evolution and the naturalistic evolution we get taught. The thing is people today are actually more similar to how they used to be in the past. And in the end we always find some common ground to work from. Whether it be God, politics or whatever else. Science; sagacity; wisdom; all of things help us understand the world so we don't end up just killing each other over petty differences of fact and opinion.
Mackerni
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:11 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI, United States

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Mackerni » Thu May 12, 2022 8:09 pm

You are dying to be right about this. What if there isn't a right or a wrong? Extropy, entropy and The Omniverse can be viewed as God in opinion only. That's the whole problem with my argument. And you nitpicking every detail to death like it's already your coffin.
Mackerni
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:11 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI, United States

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Motor Daddy » Thu May 12, 2022 8:12 pm

Mackerni wrote:Whether it be God, politics or whatever else. Science; sagacity; wisdom; all of things help us understand the world so we don't end up just killing each other over petty differences of fact and opinion.


Fighting over the belief in different Gods has killed Millions of people. The very belief in God is the main difference between Republicans and Democrats. You might as well say that the war between political parties is a war of Believers vs Non-believers. Religion does more harm than good.

I have no use for the term "God", it is a 3 letter word to me.
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Mackerni » Thu May 12, 2022 8:15 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:I have no use for the term "God", it is a 3 letter word to me.


And yet there is still freedom of religion. I choose to practice and exercise the use and word of God even if nobody can understand me. I even have an anti-theist friend that agrees with me.
Mackerni
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:11 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI, United States

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby MagsJ » Thu May 12, 2022 8:18 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Mackerni wrote:
iambiguous wrote: Not what you can demonstrate to others that what you believe about God [conceptually or otherwise'] is true but that it remains true for you.

Yes; the point of this thread was to help me mend the dasein I was experiencing and provide some clarity I was seeking. And I found that. However, that doesn't mean I won't one day completely deconstruct God in a way that will help many others see divinity the way I see fit. Now that I know who I am and have changed since this mess started I know what to do someday when my mind, soul and being are up for it. Coming one day: On Action and Being book near you. This was merely the start of that.

Yo!

felix and bob and dan and phyllo and obsrvr and Ierrellus and magsJ and her: You're up! 8)

..following.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 25059
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Motor Daddy » Thu May 12, 2022 8:19 pm

Mackerni wrote:
Motor Daddy wrote:I have no use for the term "God", it is a 3 letter word to me.


And yet there is still freedom of religion. I choose to practice and exercise the use and word of God even if nobody can understand me. I even have an anti-theist friend that agrees with me.


...and I have the freedom to believe in purple with blue spots flying Volkswagens that eat people, even if nobody understands me. When I tell them I have proof because they speak to me, they call me crazy. But I know what I know and I have the right to believe what I believe. I have recommended to the government that we write "In Purple Volkswagens We Trust" on the money, but I haven't heard back from them yet.
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Mackerni » Thu May 12, 2022 8:22 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:...and I have the freedom to believe in purple with blue spots flying Volkswagens that eat people, even if nobody understands me. When I tell them I have proof because they speak to me, they call me crazy. But I know what I know and I have the right to believe what I believe. I have recommended to the government that we write "In Purple Volkswagens We Trust" on the money, but I haven't heard back from them yet.


You keep dodging this argument to make parables about how oddly specific God is to Christians. I am not a Christian.
Mackerni
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:11 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI, United States

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Motor Daddy » Thu May 12, 2022 8:23 pm

Mackerni wrote:
Motor Daddy wrote:...and I have the freedom to believe in purple with blue spots flying Volkswagens that eat people, even if nobody understands me. When I tell them I have proof because they speak to me, they call me crazy. But I know what I know and I have the right to believe what I believe. I have recommended to the government that we write "In Purple Volkswagens We Trust" on the money, but I haven't heard back from them yet.


You keep dodging this argument to make parables about how oddly specific God is to Christians. I am not a Christian.


When you say you believe in "GOD" then I have to assume you mean the God of the bible, so that's your fault.

If you want to make it clear you are not talking about the God of the bible then you should use a different word, something different than "God."
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Mackerni » Thu May 12, 2022 8:26 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:If you want to make it clear you are not talking about the God of the bible then you should use a different word, something different than "God."


So Zeus isn't a God? Thor isn't a God? Allah isn't a God?

Okay. Let's say that my "God" needs a name. Okay. I got one. Change.
Mackerni
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:11 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI, United States

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Motor Daddy » Thu May 12, 2022 8:27 pm

Mackerni wrote:
Motor Daddy wrote:If you want to make it clear you are not talking about the God of the bible then you should use a different word, something different than "God."


So Zeus isn't a God? Thor isn't a God? Allah isn't a God?

Okay. Let's say that my "God" needs a name. Okay. I got one. Change.


So you believe in change. So do I, so like I said before, we are two peas in a pod. And I remind you that there is PLENTY of EVIDENSE for "CHANGE." So we have evidence for our belief in change.
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Motor Daddy » Thu May 12, 2022 8:28 pm

I even have a pic of change!
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Mackerni » Thu May 12, 2022 8:29 pm

So there. We found common ground.
Mackerni
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:11 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI, United States

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Motor Daddy » Thu May 12, 2022 8:34 pm

Mackerni wrote:So there. We found common ground.


Yup!

Hey, I have an idea. How about we measure change with a clock and ruler? Maybe come up with some units of measure, say like seconds and feet. Then we can measure change with clocks and rulers and express the units as ft/sec!

We can then use the word acceleration to represent change in ft/sec over a time of seconds, and express it as ft/sec^2.

HEY! Look what I have, more evidence for acceleration, time, distance, and ALL the equations to calculate the change in distance and time. Equations of change, or we could just call it motion and call them equations of motion.

We are cooking with GASOLINE now!

duvat.jpg
duvat.jpg (76.71 KiB) Viewed 226 times
Last edited by Motor Daddy on Thu May 12, 2022 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Mackerni » Thu May 12, 2022 8:37 pm

I must admit though... Calling God change can be very problematic for most people. God is usually a being for most people; change is a being and an action. So what if we expressed it in more ... easy to understand ways? What if God the being doesn't exist - we can call it The Omniverse, entropy or extropy, anyways, and we simply said that meaningful change is divine? And for me, at least, most meaningful change happens in the form of extropy. Extropy is the most divine concept to me; but it's a concept rather than a being. And that's the problem, is God a being or a concept? I will let you, the reader decide that.
Mackerni
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:11 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI, United States

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Motor Daddy » Thu May 12, 2022 8:41 pm

Mackerni wrote:God is usually a being for most people; change is a being and an action.


So you're back to talking about God??? I thought we were talking about change? Change requires no being. Change can simply be one revolution of the Earth around the Sun. Change can be a fire, crackling and dancing around, spreading, like a wild fire. Change can be a mudslide.

Do you agree that change requires no "being" or a need to use the word "God?"
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Mackerni » Thu May 12, 2022 8:46 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:
Mackerni wrote:God is usually a being for most people; change is a being and an action.


So you're back to talking about God??? I thought we were talking about change? Change requires no being. Change can simply be one revolution of the Earth around the Sun. Change can be a fire, crackling and dancing around, spreading, like a wild fire. Change can be a mudslide.

Do you agree that change requires no "being" or a need to use the word "God?"


Nope. The Earth and the Sun are beings; fire is a type of being; mudslide is a being. Not living, but they exist.

As for the need to use the word God ... again ... it's subjective. I still value meaningful change in extropy as a God. As well as entropy and The Omniverse. I am not an atheist. I am not a nihilist. I find value in life. But maybe instead of calling it God I could just call it divine forces instead.
Mackerni
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:11 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI, United States

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Motor Daddy » Thu May 12, 2022 9:12 pm

Mackerni wrote:
Nope. The Earth and the Sun are beings; fire is a type of being; mudslide is a being. Not living, but they exist.


So you consider a mudslide a being? Do you consider yourself as a being? If you think both are a being then you are a mudslide. A Human mudslide.

You are trying to play word games in order to define everything as "God."
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Mackerni » Thu May 12, 2022 9:43 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:You are trying to play word games in order to define everything as "God."


Yes, because I am pantheist and no, I don't expect you to be. By posting on this forum I am simply trying to understand my own pantheism. And you have definitely helped that. Thanks.
Mackerni
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:11 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI, United States

Re: A New Type of Theology in a New World

Postby Mackerni » Thu May 12, 2022 11:48 pm

I seriously need to update my website.

Edit: Updated. I now have a link on there redirecting it to this website. And I have since then called this concept, "trinitarian pantheism". Trinitarian referring to action and being; entropy, extropy and The Omniverse.
Mackerni
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:11 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI, United States

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron