Hell awaits you if....

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: Hell awaits you if....

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:04 am

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg- ... 266c1-pjlq

If god doesn’t treat us well here; why’d we think he’d treat us well in the afterlife?
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:15 am

Ecmandu wrote:https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-68fcb3fd1df712540ec5cf15c9c266c1-pjlq

If god doesn’t treat us well here; why’d we think he’d treat us well in the afterlife?

Define “well”. You have said that everyone has a different definition of “well”. If he treats us well and we don’t want it (it’s not our definition) then it is hell to us.

With you admitting we’re not in the afterlife, you’re admitting this isn’t hell, and you’re agreeing with his definition of well.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:38 am

Ichthus77 wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-68fcb3fd1df712540ec5cf15c9c266c1-pjlq

Define “well”. You have said that everyone has a different definition of “well”. If he treats us well and we don’t want it (it’s not our definition) then it is hell to us.

With you admitting we’re not in the afterlife, you’re admitting this isn’t hell, and you’re agreeing with his definition of well.

Well is very easy to define.

None of us have anything happen to us we don’t want.

Same definition as good.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:53 am

Ec… I haven’t told anyone this before.

I think I might be unteachable.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:00 pm

It'sIt's all good and well for you guys to say so big good is an adjective while well is an adverb.

Think about it please a good is an original while a well is an deep echo through ages of intented re-creation.( of same original) - guilted with mistaken stuff accumulation of stuff left behind unclaimed and cut off-disattachef.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:20 pm

do well, be well, mean well

p.s. I remember when I was the age that I was learning when it was appropriate to use the word good and when it was appropriate to use the word well. Unfortunately I forgot the rules.

p.p.s. I bet Jesus was a full-time student who was just like totally not able to even feel himself anymore and he was just like …so looking forward to the joy of sleep… he was like nail me to the cross already so I can get some sleep. He said it was ok for me to say something so stupid in my current condition.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality