Christianity doesn't exist.

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Parodites » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:20 am

It's not 'the Satan' in Hebrew, it's Shaitan, meaning a persecutor or tester. That's the Hebrew word, and it's a title in the same way that we have titles in English: judge, executioner, officer, etc. There can be judge Joe, judge Judy, judge Bob, etc. Different beings wear that title, shaitan, all throughout the Bible. Some humans have worn the title and even God himself is, in one context, referred to as shaitan, a 'satan', namely in a passage where he is dispensing armies to attack an opposing tribe. There is also an angel in the Book of Job that is referred to as a shaitan, because he is sent by God to test Job, he's not the 'one satan' we think of as dwelling in Hell with a pitchfork punishing sinners because there is no one single satan in the Bible and there is no such thing as a Hell where sinners are punished after death in the first place, those are all falsities concocted by the Catholic church and don't exist in the original texts, just as fallacious as is their concept of a 'limbo'; again, this word shaitan is a title, not the name of a specific being, and it's referring to a bunch of completely different guys throughout the Bible that have nothing to do with one another- some of them supernatural beings, some of them angels, some of them humans, and even God himself. The angel in the book of Job, the Serpent at the Garden, the fallen being Lucifer... these are all completely different beings that got turned into one guy because they either didn't understand or intentionally mistranslated the word 'shaitan' as referring to one being, a single Satan. They're all different guys.

There is no one singular 'shaitan' in the Bible, there is no Satan in the sense that the Catholic church has conceived it, nor in the sense most Christians understand; there's no one dominating power trying to take over the world or become God, chilling out in Hell waiting for the end of the world and tempting humans into sin. That 'Satan' is a myth created by the Catholic Church and just another nearly pagan idol they have created, since that brand of Christianity loves their idols, as they make idols out of all the saints, too. They even pray to the saints... Plus having the old good guy versus evil guy, this God versus one dominating evil,- that old story is very psychologically penetrating, it is an ancient mythic archetype, and it really helps the Church to tie everything together into a really dumbed down, simplified Christianity that is a lot easier to sell to people- but it isn't real Christianity.

There's not even a "Hell" for this non-existent Satan to dwell in; this concept of a fiery pit where sinners are punished does not exist in the Bible's original Aramaic, Hebrew, and Greek text. It is mentioned only in one book, the Book of Revelations, and that book reads like it was written by some demented psychotic tripping on about 10 hits of LSD, plus it was written at a time when hundreds of other similar 'apocalypse' texts were being composed by the dwindling Gnostic scribes, and it shares no stylistic markers with any of the other books of the bible: I, and many other learned Christians, do not accept the Book of Revelations as being an authentic text inspired by God, it's just one of a hundred random apocalypse texts the Church chose at random out of the apocrypha to push their brand. They canonized the Book of Revelations and appended it to the very end of their Bible only to help perpetuate the 'one bad guy' narrative that helped them to sell their version of Christianity to the masses and gain more political power. True Christianity teaches that there is no one source of evil, there is no one Satan, there is no Hell where sinners are punished, nor any Heaven where the good are rewarded, (Heaven is an inner state of enlightenment reached in our life, not in our death, for there is no such thing as death- that's the whole point of Christ's teaching) it is a property inherent to material existence itself; it is simply the negative reflection of God's absence in the world. A Hell? Think about how pagan that is, Hell, a Hades, this concept of a dark underworld; it's Greco-Roman! Just like everything else the Catholic Church pushes, it's all just pagan culture rebranded with Christianity!

It is astounding when you set down and actually learn the Bible's real languages: Aramaic, Hebrew, and Greek. 99 percent of what people claim Christianity is... it all falls apart immediately when you read the true text in its original language. And the Catholic Church in particular, the form of Christianity they have imposed on the world is a mere idol, a complete falsification: their "Satan", their concept of a Heaven and a Hell, their bizarre conceptualization of a nonsensical 'trinity' where God is his own Son who sacrificed himself to himself so he could be resurrected by himself: (WUT) all of that is as false as is their concept of a limbo. At least most modern Christians no longer believe in a limbo, right? But all those other ideas I mentioned have as little foundation in the Bible's original language texts as limbo does! There are sacred languages, and the Bible is written in sacred languages. Sacred languages have depths of meaning that modern ones lack; one sentence can speak at 100 different levels, and so you cannot really understand it unless you learn those languages, that's just the way it is. If you don't, then people will prey upon your lack of knowledge and deceive you into false versions of the religion.

True Christianity, basically, doesn't exist, and hasn't existed since the before the first translations into Latin were made and the convention was held to form the 'Bible' out of the disparate Christian and Gnostic texts. This thing called Christianity that exists all around us today is just a mishmash of demented idols and I truly feel sorry for all those deprived the genius of the CHRIST.
Qui non intelligit, aut taceat, aut discat.

BTHYS TOU ANAHAT KHYA-PANDEMAI.
-- Hermaedion, in: the Liber Endumiaskia.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,
in formis perisseia mutilata in omnia perisarkos mutilatum;
omniformis protosseia immutilatum in protosarkos immutilata.

Measure the breaking of the Flesh in the flesh that is broken.
[ The Ecstasies of Zosimos, Tablet
the First.]
User avatar
Parodites
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:03 pm

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:58 am

I have definitely noticed a lot of urban legends and stuff regarding interpreting Satan or angels/demons into passages that don’t actually refer to them. And other stuff like, for example, “cleanliness is next to godliness“ and “God helps those who help themselves” are not in the Bible. That doesn’t mean that Christianity doesn’t exist, though. The title is click bait.

I’m not sure how you can start out with that title and then talk about the genius of Christ. How do you think of it and how do you ground it in reality?
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6053
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:17 am

I’m an atheist who knows we all live forever.

You’re going to tell me that a person cannot experience something that they don’t want to experience?

Thus ‘hell’ doesn’t exist?
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:35 am

Ec.. can you keep your lines of argument straight in person or over the phone or zoom or something?

Or is that existence you would not want to experience forever, or even a half hour?

I challenge you. I throw it down.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6053
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:19 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:Ec.. can you keep your lines of argument straight in person or over the phone or zoom or something?

Or is that existence you would not want to experience forever, or even a half hour?

I challenge you. I throw it down.


Ichthus. Social media is something I do to learn more.

All I use is ILP online.

If you want to meet me in person; you’re going to have to travel to Portland Oregon .

Otherwise. Just drop it. And accept discussing only in text on these boards.

I’m not interested in students. I’m not interested in converting you.

I figured out most beings don’t receive truth well.

They glaze over or become angry.

When I was younger, I worried about them...

You don’t see like I do.

We were never born and we never die.

You think in terms of victory in this world.

Even 10 trillion years is so small compared to infinity that I’ll touch my thumb and forefinger together to represent it.

You don’t think in terms of infinity.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:33 pm

Mkay. Chicken.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6053
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:43 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:Mkay. Chicken.


I can say the same thing to you.

What’s the point?

I have my legal name in these boards and where I live.

I don’t know your legal name or where you live.


I’m like a temple or monastery that never locks their doors.

Welcomes all-comers.

Sure. Just like anyone, there are things I don’t want to happen to me... (and by proxy: others who are appreciating my life)

People don’t see infinity like I do.

I know what’s going to happen to them.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:45 pm

Your pants… on fire. Js.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6053
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:56 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:Your pants… on fire. Js.


Tell me your given name and where you live.

My given name is Jason Matthew Teague.

I live in Portland, Oregon.

I’m 45 years old.

With all that, even an idiot could find me online.

I don’t live by myself. It’s inappropriate for me to give my exact address for that reason.

My address is encrypted.

I have a false address.

In this day and age, even that can be found.

This is not a challenge.

I did this to protect my mother and my roommate.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:11 pm

I have shared links to some of my fb posts (legal name, location), and you reflected that you read them. I also gave you my email address with my legal name. If you want that info again & aren’t pretending ignorance… go fish.

Last I checked, the Internets hadn’t caught up with my current address, but it’s been awhile.

Portland? Errybody goes to Portland from California… why is that?? Or some place in Texas. If not the hills.

It’s OK. I won’t put you through any further Misery. lolz

But you have to drop it first.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6053
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:19 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:I have shared links to some of my fb posts (legal name, location), and you reflected that you read them. I also gave you my email address with my legal name. If you want that info again & aren’t pretending ignorance… go fish.

Last I checked, the Internets hadn’t caught up with my current address, but it’s been awhile.

Portland? Errybody goes to Portland from California… why is that?? Or some place in Texas. If not the hills.

It’s OK. I won’t put you through any further Misery. lolz

But you have to drop it first.


I actually have no interest where you live.

My mother’s address is encrypted as well.

I don’t do Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat or Twitter.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:54 pm

Alright then.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6053
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:46 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:Alright then.


Actually ... I do have a Twitter account.

I forgot.

I have only 1 subscriber.

You’d be surprised who it is. Very surprised

My twitter account is @Jason86604577
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:53 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
Ichthus77 wrote:Alright then.


Actually ... I do have a Twitter account.

I forgot.

I have only 1 subscriber.

You’d be surprised who it is. Very surprised

My twitter account is @Jason86604577


And no. I’m not going to tell you.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:43 pm

Most decent day ever.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6053
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Parodites » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:27 am

Ichthus77 wrote:I have definitely noticed a lot of urban legends and stuff regarding interpreting Satan or angels/demons into passages that don’t actually refer to them. And other stuff like, for example, “cleanliness is next to godliness“ and “God helps those who help themselves” are not in the Bible. That doesn’t mean that Christianity doesn’t exist, though. The title is click bait.

I’m not sure how you can start out with that title and then talk about the genius of Christ. How do you think of it and how do you ground it in reality?


What I mean is the 'thing' people call Christianity shares essentially nothing in common with the teaching of Christ, nor the religious thought that preceded his emergence and grounds it historically. So it is Christian only in name. That also means that all the atheists arguing against this dumbed down, retard-ified, false version of Christianity, are just as delusional and lost, because the thing they're arguing with isn't even real, it's a gigantic strawman that has fooled them into believing that what they are arguing against has any historical foundation in the source of Christ's teachings just as much as it has fooled the pious people of today into accepting it as their genuine faith, as their religion. It's fooled both sides of the argument.

It is made VERY clear in the old testament that there is no afterlife. Saint, sinner, grasshopper, donkey, criminal, prophet, man, woman, alien: all living things go to exactly the same place after death-- SHEOL, the "dirt"; and that's it. The New Testament introduces 'the kingdom within' as a state of revelatory inner gnosis, not an afterlife; and the only conceptualization of a Hell where you are punished after death exists only in a single book of the bible, namely the Book of Revelations, which is an inauthentic piece of apocryphal text that is, basically, a fake, and does not belong next to any of the inspired texts. So the entire fulcrum of modern 'Christianity' is entirely at odds with and detached from the true, historically grounded teachings of Christ, the Gnostics contemporary to the writing of the texts, as well as the ancient Jews.


You mentioned the cleanliness thing not being in the Bible, it reminds me of one of the commandments: don't take the lord's name in vain. People think of that along the lines of "God damn it!" being a sin, violating that commandment. Bros, God's NAME isn't "God". "God" is an English word, it isn't even Aramaic or Hebrew, which if God had a name, it would certainly be in. In fact, the commandment is talking about the sacred names of God, like the 72 letter name that enciphered some of the greatest secrets of the Jewish mystics, forbidden from being pronounced out loud by anyone, even by the high priests. That is what taking God's name in vain meant, it meant saying some of these cryptological, sacred names of God out loud. One of them is TZABAAOTH. If you take the first letter of every sentence in one of the paragraphs from Genesis and lay them out in the exact order they occur, it spells that word, which is an actual Hebrew-Aramaic word that means "armies"; when you put it together with 'elohim' to make the name "Tzabaoth Elohim", you get one of these sacred names of God, this one meaning basically "Lord of Hosts" or "Lord of Armies". The 72-letter name is forbidden from being said out loud by ANYONE, but this is one of the lesser names. Still, if I, as a non-Jew, said that out loud, even one of the lesser names, then I just took God's name in vain and violated one of the ten commandments, and they'd also stone me to death.

More deeply, 'Tzabaoth' designates God's aspect in Netzach and Hod, the founding stones of the Left and Right pillars of the sephira, in terms of the ancient Jewish kabbalists' cosmogony; the diffuse aspect of the third supernal triad closest to Malkuth or physical reality, whereby the Light of Tipheret is broken like light shone through a prism and dispersed to material creation and to multiplicity, creating the veil of Paroketh that separates us from direct divine inspiration, and which must be pierced to receive gnosis, or what more ancient Jews called the misach, the cosmic veil. Similarly, all of God's divine names encode deep esoteries, the secrets of the Jewish mystics and the inner workings of their God's 'divine plan', for this is what the divine plan refers to: it refers to the actual workings of creation itself, the means and the architecture by which God produced the world from nothingness. Doesn't have anything to do with our earthly fortunes, has nothing to do with things going our way or not or if this one person dies or not, etc. To believe that your personal life has anything to do with that great plan would be vanity; nobody gives a shit if things go your way or not, least of all the creator of the universe: God's divine plan and 'mysterious ways' has precisely dick to do with that.

My favorite secret name of God is EL-VEDATH; 'God made manifest through Knowledge; God made manifest by Mind." You could also translate it as... knowledge is power; divine power, God's power. All of these secret names are recovered cryptographically, that is, in the performance of different technical gematria on the original holy texts, be it taking the first letters of sentences or the last ones, taking every other letter, reading something backwards, etc. etc. etc. The holy texts like Genesis are written like two mirrors pointed at one another: every word reflects every other word in the text like Indra's net, every letter reflects every other letter; with infinite levels of meaning, such that every possible mathematical/cryptographic operation on the texts will reveal legitimate Hebrew-Aramaic words. You can do these operations to recover not just words, but whole sentences, grammatically correct and everything. In fact, you can recover an infinite number of sentences and collapse the text of Genesis from its 11-dimensional hyperobject into lower-dimensional, topological space, producing from it 1,000 new Bibles, each one unique, each one containing its own unique text and wisdom. And then you can repeat the process on every single one of those 1,000 new bibles to produce 100,000 more new bibles, and so on. This is taught in the Sefer Yetzirah. In the old days, learning the entire holy corpus by heart, along with all the commentaries, was just a preparation: one could not boast of wisdom until they can read down to at least 1,000 layers of text. And to keep 1,000 layers of meaning lined up and straight in your head without simply going insane... that is why the ancient Jews had their parable, about those not yet ready tasting of the knowledge of the kinds of techniques offered in Yetzirah: it can drive one mad without the necessary psychological and mental preparations. No human could have conceived a literally infinite text like Genesis.

But I do not believe it is the word of God given to us. I actually believe aliens implanted a linguistic virus, some kind of recursive 'intrinsic semiotic code' capable of self-compiling and reproducing itself inside of our nervous system which hijacked our higher cortical functions. As evolutionary drift took place, interference from the right hemisphere of our brain led to our self-awareness splitting off from that area in our cortex, and then our singular language (of which Aramaic is our nearest remnant) split off into innumerable fragmented languages,- an event memorialized in our mythologies by figures like Enki. He was a culture-hero who used 'namshubs' to break the unity of tongues and force man into self-awareness, whereas he had been under the dominating control of this linguistic code operating in our brain:

one of parodites' books wrote:" The main idea is: the right hemisphere encodes information collected by the senses as logic, in the manner described in the AI-inspired epistemology I have discussed, while the left hemisphere decodes that logic into symbolic language. So the senses collect impressions--that's experiential information---this is encoded as logic by the right hemisphere---sent from right to left hemisphere--- decoded back into language by the left hemisphere. The right is the encoder, (into automated logic, through 'statistical induction'; see "Machines that Morph Logic: Neural Networks and the Distorted Automation of Intelligence as Statistical Inference", by Matteo Pasquinelli.) the left is the decoder. (into language, through symbolic deduction). [This is why, while every other structure in the brain is mirrored on the other hemisphere, the language center exists only in one hemisphere.] One of the more conspicuous revelations of this line of thinking is this: that the hemispheric encoder-decoder relationship offers us a solution to the unsolved problem implicit in Kripke’s relational semantics, namely that concerning the categorization of "natural kinds", that is, denotational semantic objects like turtles, baboons, cars, etc., and the causal theory of inference, the one being a linguistic datum and the other a modal-theoretic and logical datum whose concomitance defines the whole field of the 'semiotic'. In fact, my solution strikes through this problem in toto because the two frameworks are literally split between hemispheres in the actual human brain, or between an encoder algorithm and a decoder algorithm in silicon.



... Man experiences this decoded language (in his original, pre-historical state) as though it came from the outside. As stated in "Epistemology and Transformation of Knowledge in the Modern Age": "Before all, we are continuing in the Modern prejudice of considering humans as the only actors of the communication interchanges, even though, because language is a social construction, such a ‘transcendental subject’ has in this approach a collective and not individual nature." It contains its own intrinsic semiotic code and compiles itself automatically across the hemispheres of the brain, as well as between individual humans, such that there is no difficulty in one guy from one tribe understanding what some other guy from some other tribe might be saying. But at some point, the left hemisphere, due to neuroplasticity and inter-generational evolution/genetic drift, begins to internalize a response to this incoming signal, that is, to the encoded logic sent to it from the right hemisphere. It begins to send a cross-current through the callosum BEFORE it has completely decoded that logic into language: it begins talking back to the right hemisphere before the signal is completely processed, before it has decoded the encoded logic into language, creating neurological interference. So the original algorithms in the right hemisphere encoding the logic are changed by evolutionary selection and neuroplasticity (because they aren't working well anymore) and language, decoded on the left hemisphere, loses its intrinsic code and transcendental component, hence Enki and the namshubs,- mythic figures that indicate a cultural transformation around the emergence of a new language 2.0 that loses the intrinsic, self-compiling code of language 1.0 but gains autonomous functions, forming the ego-structure as a kind of pre-processing window * to deal with the cross-hemisphere interference. (Weakening this new structure causes schizophrenia like symptomatology: voices and the like. Also there's a multitude of different ego-structures that can be enforced by different cultures, each dealing with the interference in a different way.) This new language can't compile itself across the hemispheres of the brain like the earlier, computer-program, self-replicating, virus-like language, and because of this it begins to evolve and split into a bunch of different languages that can't readily communicate with each other, separated geographically, culturally, etc. The Babel or confusion of tongues. This is where our written history begins, in early Sumer."

Now, I do not believe these aliens implanted that intrinsic semiotic code in our brain maliciously. I believe it was a gift. They connected us to some metaphysical source for Language's "Ground":

One of parodites' books wrote:" There is a For as much as an Against concerning man's pre and post-bicameralist state. (Note that, while not adhering to James' precise formulation of the bicameral consciousness, the idea of bicameralism itself is nonetheless quite useful in our present context.) The transpersonal logos grounded the Being of language but it restricted the autonomous functions of the central nervous system and cortex, sort of hijacking the human brain and co-opting its processes; thus Enki was honored as a culture-hero for creating the first counter-meme, the nam-shub by which the brain was separated from the Logos and man was disconnected from the transcendental source of linguistic meaning, inaugurating the Viconian circulus of history through which the universal forms (Vico's imaginative-universal) within the Logos were entered into a relationship of mediation with Mythos at the dawn of the inscribed word,- the written word at odds with the immaterial logoi,- the incept of our historical records at the passage from the mythological (Mythos+Logos; the dialectic of History) to "modern" era. Yet, following the confusion of tongues, man's autonomous brain functions became more and more estranged from any Grund,- alienated by the metaphysics of Presence through which we were forced to reconstitute arbitrary value-systems in place of any real equivalence between the Platonic True and Good, ontos and ethos."

It's just that this 'gift' restricted our ability to achieve self-awareness.

Imma go smoke some more dope now. Cheers. And I don't mean weed. Anyways, food for thought, shit gets deeper but I got tired.
Qui non intelligit, aut taceat, aut discat.

BTHYS TOU ANAHAT KHYA-PANDEMAI.
-- Hermaedion, in: the Liber Endumiaskia.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,
in formis perisseia mutilata in omnia perisarkos mutilatum;
omniformis protosseia immutilatum in protosarkos immutilata.

Measure the breaking of the Flesh in the flesh that is broken.
[ The Ecstasies of Zosimos, Tablet
the First.]
User avatar
Parodites
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:03 pm

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:56 am

I’m so glad I read the last paragraph first. When you’re done smoking dope start over. No more dope, dude. Period.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6053
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:35 am

_
..and Judaism, likewise.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 25056
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:59 am

Parodites:

Book of Matthew:

“be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.”

If I remember correctly (you can look it up) hell is mentioned over 30 times.

Soul is mentioned different than body many more times.

In the Old Testament,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_ ... m_(Gehenna)

“The place beyond” is in the Torah.
Last edited by Ecmandu on Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Sculptor » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:18 pm

Parodites wrote:
Ichthus77 wrote:I have definitely noticed a lot of urban legends and stuff regarding interpreting Satan or angels/demons into passages that don’t actually refer to them. And other stuff like, for example, “cleanliness is next to godliness“ and “God helps those who help themselves” are not in the Bible. That doesn’t mean that Christianity doesn’t exist, though. The title is click bait.

I’m not sure how you can start out with that title and then talk about the genius of Christ. How do you think of it and how do you ground it in reality?


What I mean is the 'thing' people call Christianity shares essentially nothing in common with the teaching of Christ, nor the religious thought that preceded his emergence and grounds it historically. So it is Christian only in name. That also means that all the atheists arguing against this dumbed down, retard-ified, false version of Christianity, are just as delusional and lost, because the thing they're arguing with isn't even real, it's a gigantic strawman that has fooled them into believing that what they are arguing against has any historical foundation in the source of Christ's teachings just as much as it has fooled the pious people of today into accepting it as their genuine faith, as their religion. It's fooled both sides of the argument.

It is made VERY clear in the old testament that there is no afterlife. Saint, sinner, grasshopper, donkey, criminal, prophet, man, woman, alien: all living things go to exactly the same place after death-- SHEOL, the "dirt"; and that's it. The New Testament introduces 'the kingdom within' as a state of revelatory inner gnosis, not an afterlife; and the only conceptualization of a Hell where you are punished after death exists only in a single book of the bible, namely the Book of Revelations, which is an inauthentic piece of apocryphal text that is, basically, a fake, and does not belong next to any of the inspired texts. So the entire fulcrum of modern 'Christianity' is entirely at odds with and detached from the true, historically grounded teachings of Christ, the Gnostics contemporary to the writing of the texts, as well as the ancient Jews.

Whatever it may or may not say in the OT. The promise of an afterlife is all through the NT.
So this part of your argument is fake.


You mentioned the cleanliness thing not being in the Bible, it reminds me of one of the commandments: don't take the lord's name in vain. People think of that along the lines of "God damn it!" being a sin, violating that commandment. Bros, God's NAME isn't "God". "God" is an English word, it isn't even Aramaic or Hebrew, which if God had a name, it would certainly be in.

That is a useless argument.
God can speak all lanagauges, because he invented them all, when he created the babal of Babel.
In fact, the commandment is talking about the sacred names of God, like the 72 letter name that enciphered some of the greatest secrets of the Jewish mystics, forbidden from being pronounced out loud by anyone, even by the high priests. That is what taking God's name in vain meant, it meant saying some of these cryptological, sacred names of God out loud. One of them is TZABAAOTH. If you take the first letter of every sentence in one of the paragraphs from Genesis and lay them out in the exact order they occur, it spells that word, which is an actual Hebrew-Aramaic word that means "armies"; when you put it together with 'elohim' to make the name "Tzabaoth Elohim", you get one of these sacred names of God, this one meaning basically "Lord of Hosts" or "Lord of Armies". The 72-letter name is forbidden from being said out loud by ANYONE, but this is one of the lesser names. Still, if I, as a non-Jew, said that out loud, even one of the lesser names, then I just took God's name in vain and violated one of the ten commandments, and they'd also stone me to death.

More deeply, 'Tzabaoth' designates God's aspect in Netzach and Hod, the founding stones of the Left and Right pillars of the sephira, in terms of the ancient Jewish kabbalists' cosmogony; the diffuse aspect of the third supernal triad closest to Malkuth or physical reality, whereby the Light of Tipheret is broken like light shone through a prism and dispersed to material creation and to multiplicity, creating the veil of Paroketh that separates us from direct divine inspiration, and which must be pierced to receive gnosis, or what more ancient Jews called the misach, the cosmic veil. Similarly, all of God's divine names encode deep esoteries, the secrets of the Jewish mystics and the inner workings of their God's 'divine plan', for this is what the divine plan refers to: it refers to the actual workings of creation itself, the means and the architecture by which God produced the world from nothingness. Doesn't have anything to do with our earthly fortunes, has nothing to do with things going our way or not or if this one person dies or not, etc. To believe that your personal life has anything to do with that great plan would be vanity; nobody gives a shit if things go your way or not, least of all the creator of the universe: God's divine plan and 'mysterious ways' has precisely dick to do with that.

My favorite secret name of God is EL-VEDATH; 'God made manifest through Knowledge; God made manifest by Mind." You could also translate it as... knowledge is power; divine power, God's power. All of these secret names are recovered cryptographically, that is, in the performance of different technical gematria on the original holy texts, be it taking the first letters of sentences or the last ones, taking every other letter, reading something backwards, etc. etc. etc. The holy texts like Genesis are written like two mirrors pointed at one another: every word reflects every other word in the text like Indra's net, every letter reflects every other letter; with infinite levels of meaning, such that every possible mathematical/cryptographic operation on the texts will reveal legitimate Hebrew-Aramaic words. You can do these operations to recover not just words, but whole sentences, grammatically correct and everything. In fact, you can recover an infinite number of sentences and collapse the text of Genesis from its 11-dimensional hyperobject into lower-dimensional, topological space, producing from it 1,000 new Bibles, each one unique, each one containing its own unique text and wisdom. And then you can repeat the process on every single one of those 1,000 new bibles to produce 100,000 more new bibles, and so on. This is taught in the Sefer Yetzirah. In the old days, learning the entire holy corpus by heart, along with all the commentaries, was just a preparation: one could not boast of wisdom until they can read down to at least 1,000 layers of text. And to keep 1,000 layers of meaning lined up and straight in your head without simply going insane... that is why the ancient Jews had their parable, about those not yet ready tasting of the knowledge of the kinds of techniques offered in Yetzirah: it can drive one mad without the necessary psychological and mental preparations. No human could have conceived a literally infinite text like Genesis.

But I do not believe it is the word of God given to us. I actually believe aliens implanted a linguistic virus, some kind of recursive 'intrinsic semiotic code' capable of self-compiling and reproducing itself inside of our nervous system which hijacked our higher cortical functions. As evolutionary drift took place, interference from the right hemisphere of our brain led to our self-awareness splitting off from that area in our cortex, and then our singular language (of which Aramaic is our nearest remnant) split off into innumerable fragmented languages,- an event memorialized in our mythologies by figures like Enki. He was a culture-hero who used 'namshubs' to break the unity of tongues and force man into self-awareness, whereas he had been under the dominating control of this linguistic code operating in our brain:

one of parodites' books wrote:" The main idea is: the right hemisphere encodes information collected by the senses as logic, in the manner described in the AI-inspired epistemology I have discussed, while the left hemisphere decodes that logic into symbolic language. So the senses collect impressions--that's experiential information---this is encoded as logic by the right hemisphere---sent from right to left hemisphere--- decoded back into language by the left hemisphere. The right is the encoder, (into automated logic, through 'statistical induction'; see "Machines that Morph Logic: Neural Networks and the Distorted Automation of Intelligence as Statistical Inference", by Matteo Pasquinelli.) the left is the decoder. (into language, through symbolic deduction). [This is why, while every other structure in the brain is mirrored on the other hemisphere, the language center exists only in one hemisphere.] One of the more conspicuous revelations of this line of thinking is this: that the hemispheric encoder-decoder relationship offers us a solution to the unsolved problem implicit in Kripke’s relational semantics, namely that concerning the categorization of "natural kinds", that is, denotational semantic objects like turtles, baboons, cars, etc., and the causal theory of inference, the one being a linguistic datum and the other a modal-theoretic and logical datum whose concomitance defines the whole field of the 'semiotic'. In fact, my solution strikes through this problem in toto because the two frameworks are literally split between hemispheres in the actual human brain, or between an encoder algorithm and a decoder algorithm in silicon.



... Man experiences this decoded language (in his original, pre-historical state) as though it came from the outside. As stated in "Epistemology and Transformation of Knowledge in the Modern Age": "Before all, we are continuing in the Modern prejudice of considering humans as the only actors of the communication interchanges, even though, because language is a social construction, such a ‘transcendental subject’ has in this approach a collective and not individual nature." It contains its own intrinsic semiotic code and compiles itself automatically across the hemispheres of the brain, as well as between individual humans, such that there is no difficulty in one guy from one tribe understanding what some other guy from some other tribe might be saying. But at some point, the left hemisphere, due to neuroplasticity and inter-generational evolution/genetic drift, begins to internalize a response to this incoming signal, that is, to the encoded logic sent to it from the right hemisphere. It begins to send a cross-current through the callosum BEFORE it has completely decoded that logic into language: it begins talking back to the right hemisphere before the signal is completely processed, before it has decoded the encoded logic into language, creating neurological interference. So the original algorithms in the right hemisphere encoding the logic are changed by evolutionary selection and neuroplasticity (because they aren't working well anymore) and language, decoded on the left hemisphere, loses its intrinsic code and transcendental component, hence Enki and the namshubs,- mythic figures that indicate a cultural transformation around the emergence of a new language 2.0 that loses the intrinsic, self-compiling code of language 1.0 but gains autonomous functions, forming the ego-structure as a kind of pre-processing window * to deal with the cross-hemisphere interference. (Weakening this new structure causes schizophrenia like symptomatology: voices and the like. Also there's a multitude of different ego-structures that can be enforced by different cultures, each dealing with the interference in a different way.) This new language can't compile itself across the hemispheres of the brain like the earlier, computer-program, self-replicating, virus-like language, and because of this it begins to evolve and split into a bunch of different languages that can't readily communicate with each other, separated geographically, culturally, etc. The Babel or confusion of tongues. This is where our written history begins, in early Sumer."

Now, I do not believe these aliens implanted that intrinsic semiotic code in our brain maliciously. I believe it was a gift. They connected us to some metaphysical source for Language's "Ground":

One of parodites' books wrote:" There is a For as much as an Against concerning man's pre and post-bicameralist state. (Note that, while not adhering to James' precise formulation of the bicameral consciousness, the idea of bicameralism itself is nonetheless quite useful in our present context.) The transpersonal logos grounded the Being of language but it restricted the autonomous functions of the central nervous system and cortex, sort of hijacking the human brain and co-opting its processes; thus Enki was honored as a culture-hero for creating the first counter-meme, the nam-shub by which the brain was separated from the Logos and man was disconnected from the transcendental source of linguistic meaning, inaugurating the Viconian circulus of history through which the universal forms (Vico's imaginative-universal) within the Logos were entered into a relationship of mediation with Mythos at the dawn of the inscribed word,- the written word at odds with the immaterial logoi,- the incept of our historical records at the passage from the mythological (Mythos+Logos; the dialectic of History) to "modern" era. Yet, following the confusion of tongues, man's autonomous brain functions became more and more estranged from any Grund,- alienated by the metaphysics of Presence through which we were forced to reconstitute arbitrary value-systems in place of any real equivalence between the Platonic True and Good, ontos and ethos."

It's just that this 'gift' restricted our ability to achieve self-awareness.

Imma go smoke some more dope now. Cheers. And I don't mean weed. Anyways, food for thought, shit gets deeper but I got tired.


What a waste of time.
I have to say I did not bother to read all your rantings. I just feel sorry for you taking the time to talk so much bollocks.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2591
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:26 pm

Think about it this way parodites ...

If there is only one immortal being. It never has immortal witnesses. No accountability.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Parodites » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:18 pm

I have to increase my dope intake in order to negotiate the sheer inanity of this forum, and to endure you people and your dullness. None of you have any response to anything I said, either about bicameral consciousness, e.g. linguistic viruses as per Snowcrash and Philip K. Dick's Valis style alien intelligence, [These 'wild' ideas have precedents.] the recursive properties of the actual text of Genesis in its original language, (the Aramaic-Hebrew of the Old Testament possesses this property no other living or dead human language has, though it cannot be accessed unless the text is constructed a certain way, unless the text is constructed with the intention of activating this recursive logic; a mind higher than a human mind is required to set up the thousands of layers of simultaneous semiotic representation needed, as is exampled by the text of Genesis. This recursive code, or what I had called an 'intrinsic semiotic code' that is capable of reproducing itself across the hemispheres of the brain, and is furthermore capable of producing an infinite number of new texts from the one source, is dissected and analyzed in mathematical detail within the ancient Sefir Yetzirah, the Book of Formation, which provides direct instructions on how to recognize this semiotic code and how to harness it and use it personally. Abulafia also has contributed to our knowledge of this esotery, this divine insight. Genesis is a book of creation: the text of Genesis, by representing itself, creates itself; producing a pure abstraction, the matrix of potential or pure symbolic logic out of which God struck the void and emanated the created world from out of a higher metaphysical 'language'. The book of Genesis is not only a book about the Creation, it is ITSELF both the act of divine creation, and the thing Created... Do you understand? The book of Genesis is, ITSELF, genesis, or the creation of the universe.) or the criticism of modern Christianity.

To Skulptor: I never said God couldn't speak all languages. I don't know what that has to do with anything. As to your assertion that references to an afterlife are all over the NT: no, references to a higher metaphysical reality are all over the NT, not references to a place you go to be rewarded for being a good boi in life.

To Icthus: you bore me.
Last edited by Parodites on Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qui non intelligit, aut taceat, aut discat.

BTHYS TOU ANAHAT KHYA-PANDEMAI.
-- Hermaedion, in: the Liber Endumiaskia.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,
in formis perisseia mutilata in omnia perisarkos mutilatum;
omniformis protosseia immutilatum in protosarkos immutilata.

Measure the breaking of the Flesh in the flesh that is broken.
[ The Ecstasies of Zosimos, Tablet
the First.]
User avatar
Parodites
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:03 pm

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:25 pm

I bore you? Like your mom? Gosh, honey. That’s so sweet. Now. Get off the dope!!!!
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6053
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Parodites » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:26 pm

I don't have time to respond to a your mom joke, I'm talking about the book of Genesis in the post above yours.

Don't take it personally, everything bores me, save for my beautiful demon Sarah.
Qui non intelligit, aut taceat, aut discat.

BTHYS TOU ANAHAT KHYA-PANDEMAI.
-- Hermaedion, in: the Liber Endumiaskia.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,
in formis perisseia mutilata in omnia perisarkos mutilatum;
omniformis protosseia immutilatum in protosarkos immutilata.

Measure the breaking of the Flesh in the flesh that is broken.
[ The Ecstasies of Zosimos, Tablet
the First.]
User avatar
Parodites
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:03 pm

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:31 pm

You don’t deserve Sarah. She’s precious & deserves a man who is off dope.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6053
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Next

Return to Religion and Spirituality



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users