Christianity doesn't exist.

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: Christianity doesn't exist.

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:33 pm

Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Parodites » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:52 am

Ichthus77 wrote:You don’t deserve Sarah. She’s precious & deserves a man who is off dope.

First of all, there is no such thing as 'deserve' in Love. Second of all, you don't know anything about her, she's just a name to you. I find it humorous that you'd question my ability to love over my use of Opium. Opium is a great muse, one of Nature's boons to man, reserved by the philosopher-doctor Paracelsus as Nature's greatest gift to us, something to be used to combat both physical and mental pain, serving also as an inspirant for all the Romantic era poets. You straight-edged dipshit, you know as little about drugs as you know about anything else apparently. Fuck off. Marcus Aurelius is accepted as one of the most moral men to ever live, one of the greatest pillars of Virtue, the only true philosopher-ruler to ever live, and he used opium every single day as an aid in maintaining his ασκεσις , [askesis] his stoic reasoning; he even explicitly praises and recommends its use to the ends of maintaining a level-headed composure. It can be misused, or what we now call abused, in the same way ANYTHING can be abused, sure. But if MARCUS AURELIUS is okay with my opium use, what the fuck do I need the approbation of the great Ichthus for?
Qui non intelligit, aut taceat, aut discat.

BTHYS TOU ANAHAT KHYA-PANDEMAI.
-- Hermaedion, in: the Liber Endumiaskia.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,
in formis perisseia mutilata in omnia perisarkos mutilatum;
omniformis protosseia immutilatum in protosarkos immutilata.

Measure the breaking of the Flesh in the flesh that is broken.
[ The Ecstasies of Zosimos, Tablet
the First.]
Parodites
Philosopher

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:59 am

I didn’t say you don’t deserve love. I said you don’t deserve — cannot be trusted with — Sarah. You have a responsibility. Addicts always love to point to other addicts who did badass things. For example, I posted the story of the poet who wrote The Hound of Heaven. Check it out in the Creative Writing forum.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Parodites » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:05 am

Ichthus77 wrote:I didn’t say you don’t deserve love. I said you don’t deserve — cannot be trusted with — Sarah. You have a responsibility. Addicts always love to point to other addicts who did badass things. For example, I posted the story of the poet who wrote The Hound of Heaven. Check it out in the Creative Writing forum.

Exactly what I said, you are saying that my use of opium impedes my ability to treat someone else correctly, justly; you are questioning my ability to love because I am "addicted" to opium. I'm telling you it hasn't impeded anything, and I have extended utter devotion toward a single human being for 16 years.

I believe modern society has turned Opium into some kind of demon, because the only thing anyone knows about it is pill poppers and heroin junkies dying on the side of the road. Those misfortunates are created because of desperation forced upon them in our society, they aren't created by the drug itself.

Opiates are a gift from god, if you are a believer. A gift from Nature at any rate. I simply do not believe that they're intrinsically bad for you either physically or mentally. Paracelsus, the legendary philosopher-physician, said Opium was Nature's greatest gift for man, a balm that treats all pain- spiritual, physical, emotional, mental; a balm for the pain of mortality itself, the knowledge of our inevitable death. They are certainly more effective at treating things like anxiety and depression than any neurotoxic antidepressants, the later serving as more or less chemical lobotomies. Marcus Aurelius, the great philosopher-emperor, the only living fulfillment of Plato's archetypal ideal of political genius, used opium every single day, praising it as a powerful agent for curbing the baser appetites of man, in keeping with his Stoic ethos: suppressing libido, etc. As to the fact that 'normal people' aren't addicted, haven't tasted the forbidden fruit and felt its bite .. Well, normal people don't compose music at all, with or without drugs, period. Or write poetry that will be remembered a century from now. You know what- normal people don't do much of anything, do they? Normal people are boring.

Opium was used as a creative tool, a vehicle for artistic consciousness, as well as a panacea to treat all forms of pain mental and physical, for centuries, and yet the whole junkie dying on the side of the road with his arm rotting off- that is a modern phenomenon; the problems of addiction did not manifest themselves throughout those centuries in the way they are manifesting now. Because our repressive, neurotic 21st century culture produces desperation and sickness, which makes people turn to drugs to fill up the void torn open in them by that culture, and then that culture- our culture- turns around and blames that desperation and sickness on the drugs it led them to turn to, which it produced in them. I do not see addiction as a cause of pain, desperation, sickness, etc., I see it as the result of those things, with the actual cause being our pathetic, dehumanizing, mockery of a culture- because let me be blunt, this "normal person"- this mechanized wage slave, all that is to be is a shell of what a human being once was. A little, domesticated animal, fully unconscious of his Jungian Shadow, completely un-integrated; a cog meant to turn in one direction until it rusts over, gives out, and gets tossed in the trash. Because I have entirely escaped and transcended that dehumanizing culture you all live in, I do not suffer the defects of having been domesticated and raised up by it: thus I am not actually 'addicted' to opium, though I use it daily; I am not using it to fill up psychic holes torn open in me, I am using it as Marcus Aurelius did, namely to help curb my instincts, keep my mind level, balm my pains, and energize my creative spirit, as well as for pure recreation at times. That is why my use remains stabilized at the exact same level of intake per day, as it has for years, and I am not in that dreaded addict's 'spiral' toward increasing use and self-destruction. I have mastered the Serpent in the Garden, and I have mastered the forbidden fruit; I have caught the dragon, and crushed it in my hand.

If I am somehow corrupted and unable to love 'correctly' for this then so is/was Nietzsche, Proust, Coleridge, Marcus Aurelius, Chopin... a lot of the greatest minds of all time who used it on the reg and extolled its virtues. And I am proud to be an 'addict' if it is in their company. If I know anything at all, I know what love is like none of you people do.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,

the First.]
Parodites
Philosopher

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:38 am

I didn’t say normal people aren’t addicts. In fact, being in love is an addiction. Mourning, separation anxiety, homesickness… all withdrawals.

Only opiate addicts know love?

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Parodites » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:07 am

Ichthus77 wrote:I didn’t say normal people aren’t addicts. In fact, being in love is an addiction. Mourning, separation anxiety, homesickness… all withdrawals.

Only opiate addicts know love?

I didn't say that. All I said was that being addicted to opium does not impede my ability to genuinely love, it doesn't alter me, it doesn't corrupt me, it does not diminish my ability to love someone or treat them in a manner that would make me 'deserve' them.

And love is not an addiction: lust is. I don't have lust. Thanks a lot to opium, as it helps suppress and sublimate libido. I haven't jerked off in years. It is a waste, just throwing away vital energy, literally trash-canning creative power that could have been sublimed and transformed into something. I feed my own bitter heart back to itself, I contain my libidinal power and re-ingest it continually, driving myself into a higher and higher state of gnostic mania. Opium does not simply make you less sexually excited, it actually takes sexual-vital energy and turns it inward, it sublimates it, it turns it into... Into a form to contain and restrict whatever it is that you have locked away in your unconscious. If all you have is demons in there, then yes, opium will haunt you with them, and it will mutilate you, and it will possess and destroy you. But I don't have demons in mine, I have angels. What demons I might have once had have long been bound, have been chained and overcome by me; a new torment emerges, the torment of the angels, which destroy with fire... demons cannot truly destroy, they only conceal and distort with a play of shadow and smoke, they do not have the fire, the power to truly annihilate. Only the angels have that, only they have the fire; it is their torment that I know, if I am tormented.

Erotoime, Love-Refrains; V. wrote: "This is the old "mystic-struggle of Jacob's heart"; the saint, having glimpsed
angels in drops of rain, in the head of the pin, as the saying goes- having glimpsed them
everywhere he lays his eyes, has no motivation to move from one place to another,
surrendered to the frozen libidinal economy in which the secret automaton which the
death-drive actually is, unseen in its subtle though insomniacal work against us, leads us
from the bitter ecstasy of organic passion, by its circuitous routes through all the
numbered folds and contours of psyche, by the regressive call of the inorganic- to death.
For thereafter, we torture ourselves to remember it, to remember this wound, and come to
know that the demons only burn us with flames- but the angels speak to us in flames,
open our eyes with flames, and hold the shape of things with flames- and it is they who
actually destroy. For what of it, in our paralyzed and mystic heart? We discover that the
exactitude of words is exact only insofar as it is measured against the inexact, the effable
only effable in its measure taken against the ineffable- and that what is most exact, what
is most effable, and what is purest and most flame-like in obtaining the kingdom of our
perceptions- it is only that, which cannot be expressed, with these angels against which
we contend and dash our hearts,- this pure exactitude, a total identification embracing all
the universe, for which nothing at all can possibly pose itself in counter-measure, or, as
that element of in-articulation, the perplexed nebula of meaning and necessary poetic
ambiguity against which this effability could take its measure of the ineffable and achieve
signification."

Music of the Wearying Heart, PHILOSOPHEMES AND ROMANTIC FRAGMENTS; SERIES FIVE. wrote:Innocence, love, and pride, are more easily renounced the stronger they are, for if
surrounded on every side by temptations or self-doubts, like the scorpion confined within
a ring of fire, they will sting themselves to death; self-same even in corruption, they
would rather destroy themselves at once and snuff out the sacred fire of Vesta which
burns within them, than permit that fire tediously to be extinguished by this world, which
is after all so inculpable that the power of annihliation were even before it, as this world
is capable only of wearing upon things rarer than itself, by immixing its own substance in
beauty unalloyed, but cannot truly destroy them. So too, we are at times led backwards by
our defects to the extent that we cannot any longer endure our strengths, and we perish by
them.
Last edited by Parodites on Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,

the First.]
Parodites
Philosopher

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:12 am

I’d rather be a basket case with barely a handle on my emotions… so that I have the opportunity to become stronger… than drown it out with a replacement substance that prolly costs a lot in not just money. I quit smoking. Blessed to dislike alcohol. Still have a weakness for food and yada yada yada. Opium? Heyyyyl no.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:33 am

_
Now where did I put the popcorn? oh yea, in the bin.. coz I don’t do starchy carbs. :wink:

This thread, panning out, to when one addiction is better than another.. booze, drugs, food.. choose your dependency.. now weaponise it, to soothe and console you, whilst telling yourself that your choice is the lesser of all the dependency-evils.. all found in nature, yet [your] one is the only ok one. See how it works..?

There is medicine in nature, not in the medicine cabinet, and certainly not solely in the fridge.. the great outdoors.. nature’s medicine cabinet.. who’d have thunk it. :icon-rolleyes:

..but everything and all, in moderation, of course.

..and then there’s always serial lovers.. addicted to love and lies.

The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:22 pm

Grace.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Sculptor » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:29 pm

MagsJ wrote:_
Now where did I put the popcorn? oh yea, in the bin.. coz I don’t do starchy carbs. :wink:

This thread, panning out, to when one addiction is better than another.. booze, drugs, food.. choose your dependency.. now weaponise it, to soothe and console you, whilst telling yourself that your choice is the lesser of all the dependency-evils.. all found in nature, yet [your] one is the only ok one. See how it works..?

There is medicine in nature, not in the medicine cabinet, and certainly not solely in the fridge.. the great outdoors.. nature’s medicine cabinet.. who’d have thunk it. :icon-rolleyes:

..but everything and all, in moderation, of course.

..and then there’s always serial lovers.. addicted to love and lies.

Of all the addictions, food based ones are the hardest to quit. Since we all need food we are going to have to face eating something. Fast as long as you can, but eventually you are going to have to replace those tissues and lost fuel for energy.
carbs, fats, protein, calories, fibre; are all poor approximations on how to categorise food.
Not all calories are the same, nor fats, nor proteins, not carbs. There are different types of all these things and they have different metabolic effects.
But on a thread such as this, I know that one thing that really poisons everything is religion, and Christianity whether or not it exists, is damaging to the way we look at the world.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:43 pm

Sculptor wrote:, I know that one thing that really poisons everything is religion, and Christianity whether or not it exists, is damaging to the way we look at the world.

Everyone has a worldview. What is your standard of measure that sifts damage from health?

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:10 pm

Sculptor wrote:Of all the addictions, food based ones are the hardest to quit. Since we all need food we are going to have to face eating something. Fast as long as you can, but eventually you are going to have to replace those tissues and lost fuel for energy.
carbs, fats, protein, calories, fibre; are all poor approximations on how to categorise food.
Not all calories are the same, nor fats, nor proteins, not carbs. There are different types of all these things and they have different metabolic effects.
But on a thread such as this, I know that one thing that really poisons everything is religion, and Christianity whether or not it exists, is damaging to the way we look at the world.

Christianity certainly hasn't got a good history behind it.

Would it be better to be addicted to [a] religion.. or to [a] drug(s), alcohol, food, or sex even? ..or to simply exercise 'moderation' may be the only answer to subdue cravings, in order to get a handle on them.. so think first, act accordingly later..?

Btw, welcome to the keto crew! I’m eating Camembert on celery right now.. it’s a real [keto] vibe.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:41 pm

Ah, the keto cult. I just had chips n salsa. And on a Thursday, even!!

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Parodites » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:23 am

Ichthus77 wrote:I’d rather be a basket case with barely a handle on my emotions… so that I have the opportunity to become stronger… than drown it out with a replacement substance that prolly costs a lot in not just money. I quit smoking. Blessed to dislike alcohol. Still have a weakness for food and yada yada yada. Opium? Heyyyyl no.

It costs nothing. Opium grows out of the ground bruh. The easiest thing in the world to grow, it evolved to thrive in both the desert of the middle east AND the frozen tundra of northern Russia. Each pod produces 15-20 MG of morphine. Izmirian bush poppy produces 20-50 opium pods per plant and it grows from seed to finished in 50-60 days. You wanna blast off, eat 5-6. You just want pain relief, eat 1-3. You can make laudanum with it, chemically extract the actual black opium putty you can shape into bricks, you can make concentrated extracts with alcohol and then boil that down, etc. I'm not saying I'm doing any of that, I'm just giving some publicly available gardening information about a plant ...

At any rate, to pull together everything I said so far in the thread; check this out it's gonna get weird:

This is an exegesis of the lost teachings of HERMAEDION the Wise:

There's this alien that blasted into earth in a black meteor and implanted a Neo-lemurian time-virus (meaning he came to Earth some point after the sinking of Lemuria/Atlantis tens of thousands of years before recorded history began in Sumer; perhaps his entry is what causes it to sink, some speculate) in the human brain as a self-replicable linguistic code, but this alien was actually an ancient Gnostic being that claimed to be God as a joke, namely Yaldabaoth, the world's first troll. And so the first expression of this linguistic virus was the Aramaic-Hebrew texts, and the one-god universe of monolithic Abrahamic religion of which they are representative, with the being called Yahweh or Jehovah actually being a cover for Yaldabaoth.

Now, where Yaldabaoth is cursed by the Gnostics for imprisoning our souls in matter and creating the fallen physical world, there's a kicker. This whole thing is a joke, it's a meme. He created this world not as a trap for our souls but as a kind of philosophic test: a scythe to separate the chaff of humanity. This world, this universe that he created, which was born seemingly out of an act of betrayal against his divine brethren, (the original plan of creation after the death of the ur-god Phanes, who sacrificed himself to himself in order to create the empty void-space in which to begin the work of Creation in an act mythologized by Zeus murdering Phanes, ripping off his dick and balls and consuming them in an act of theophagy that allowed him to ingest the cosmogonic forces of the 'aedion' needed to initiate genesis... anyways, after all that happened, the original plan of creation was for the Aeons to emerge from the void, once Zeus instills the cosmogonic spermatikos in it, the divine seed, in male-female pairs called syzygies, with one member of the syzygy liberating its inner 'ennoea', genius, or Light such that the secondary member could receive and integrate it, which then gets passed along to the next pair of aeons in the next syzygy... Point is, when we get to the aeon named Sophia, who fell in love with her own ennoea or beauty, we have the incipient drama of the Fall, the collapse of this unfolding syzygetic process, its fatal arrest: she convinces what was supposed to be her pair in the male-female twin syzygy of which she was the receiver, to build for her a world in which she could hide her ennoea from the other aeons and keep it from them, a world in which she could hoard the ennoea away for herself, as a testament to her own glory, her own beauty, her own power. Yaldabaoth agrees to do this for her: boom, we get physical creation, the mortal realm. It is here that Sophia traps her ennoea in the form of human souls, animate fleshly beings.) is no prison meant to ensnare us in physical illusions, in pleasure and lust and all the things the Gnostics try to liberate us from through revelatory askesis ... this world is a testing-ground.

Yaldabaoth was not fooled: no, he is the one who fooled everyone else, especially Sophia. You see, none of the other aeons achieved true creation apart from the original being from which Phanes split off; true creation from nothingness still belonged to the un-nameable One, the silent God, from which Phanes split off as a single thought within the otherwise incomprehensible divine unconscious of the sleeping god, the dreaming god. Yaldabaoth understood this, understood the dream, understood that he was as much as humans merely fragments of that dream, and understood that they,- the aeons,- were all just recycling the same ennoea over and over, never able to depart from the original intent of the primordial God, the true, silent God I call simply OURANOS; they were all still bound to his primordial thought, and could not truly alter the scheme of creation, or bring anything new into existence. So he makes the physical world, but not for Sophia to trap her ennoea and preserve it from the other aeons. He did it so that he could use this world to formulate a riddle... He has shown us, humans, how we might achieve what the aeons did not: true creation. He has shown us how to do that by showing us exactly how NOT to do it, namely through his sacrificial act of creating the mortal physical universe, this fallen domain.

Yaldabaoth implanted that linguistic code in us so that it would eventually produce egoic consciousness, 'selfhood' in human beings, who would otherwise be doomed to repeat the same genetic program over and over again as mindless servants of Sophia, meant only to contain and restrict her own ennoea, and to keep it from ever returning back to the dialectical exchanges of the syzygies. That is what the humans of the Lemurian era were, mindless automatons, flesh-robots for Sophia and the other couple aeons that pledged allegiance to her and Yaldabaoth, and helped orchestrate the creation of the physical mortal universe. Those others are the other visible planets, with Saturn representing Yaldabaoth himself.

That's why I pray to the dead god Phanes and the Christ-Devil of Profane Gnosis known as YALDABAOTH, accursed, LEONTOFORM DIVINE; the Lion that Eats the End of the World.
Last edited by Parodites on Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,

the First.]
Parodites
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:38 am

_
..and what do you pray to him, for?

MagsJ

Postby Parodites » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:41 am

I pray to him for aglaia, for splendor. In Splendor, there is true creation; the 'written paradise':

Pound translates the Greek word AGLAIA into 'Splendor':

Although some of Pound's intention to "write a paradise" survives in the text as we have it, especially in images of light and of the natural world, other themes also intrude. These include the poet's coming to terms with a sense of artistic failure, and jealousies and hatreds that must be faced and expiated.

The last canto completed by Pound opens with a passage in which we see the homecoming of the Odysseus/Pound figure. However, the "home" is not the place intended when the poem was begun, but the terzo cielo ("third heaven") of human love. The canto contains the following well-known lines:

I have brought the great ball of crystal;
Who can lift it?
Can you enter the great acorn of light?
But the beauty is not the madness
Tho' my errors and wrecks lie about me.
And I am not a demigod,
I cannot make it cohere.
This passage has often been taken as an admission of failure on Pound's part, but the reality may be more complex. The crystal image relates back to the Sacred Edict on self-knowledge and the "demigod/cohere" lines relate directly to Pound's translation of the Women of Trachis. In this, the demigod Herakles cries out as he is dying, "WHAT SPLENDOUR / IT ALL COHERES." These lines read in conjunction with some later ones in reference to his own verse, "i.e. it coheres all right/even if my notes do not cohere," suggest that towards the end of his effort, Pound was coming to accept not only his own "errors" and "madness" but the conclusion that to do justice to the coherence of the universe was beyond him, and possibly beyond poetry. Images of light saturate this canto, culminating in the closing lines: "A little light, like a rushlight / to lead back to splendour." These lines again echo the Noh of Kakitsubata, the "light that does not lead on to darkness," in Pound's version.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,

the First.]
Parodites
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:40 am

_
..sounds, fun. :shock:

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:44 am

_
Funnily enough.. when I wear my prayer beads, people treat me differently/nicer, than when I do not.. yet I’m the same person, with or without them.

I think I’ll wear them more, again.. :)

MagsJ

Postby Parodites » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:06 am

Unlike Pound, who could not even pass the third heaven, or terzo cielo, (literally the third Heaven, the third astrological planet in the classical scheme, Venus, god of Love and beauty) I have reft the 8th heaven, and accessed my 'Sophia', Lord of the Invisible Sphere above the Seventh Heaven represented by the furthest visible planet, Saturn, the domain of Yaldabaoth himself. Pound was a mere poet, and of course such a fragile being would find itself unable to complete the Heraklean effort to cohere the universe into a new Paradise. But that is what Yaldabaoth has laid out for us to achieve. To cohere in splendor means to recognize yourself as a dreamer within the mind of the dreaming God; to initiate a new train of thought within that dreaming mind, apart from Phanes, apart from the entire scheme of creation began with him.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,

the First.]
Parodites
Philosopher

Postby Parodites » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:31 am

Also, the word aglaia, besides signifying what I said above, is traced back to AGL+IAO, with Iao being the shortened version of the name Ialdabaot, or Yaldabaoth.

AGLA is the back inscription of the Sigillum Dei Aemeth.

Aglaia, meaning literally "light", and figuratively indicating splendor or greatness, is ascribed to the primordial Orphic God, Phanes. The order of the six ruling kings was developed before the Gnostics conceived of the syzygies and the aeons/archons. The kings of the Orphic mystery-cult: Phanes, [Aglaia, Light.] Nyx, [The first darkness; the void.] Ouranos, [The heavens.] Kronos, [Circular time.] Zeus, [Linear time, after killing Kronos.] Dionysus. These six kings correspond to the later 6 and then 7 high archons, the fallen aeons that descended into the material universe under the direction of the demiurge Yaldabaoth, losing their divine bodies and solidifying as god-corpses we recognize as the visible planets. The Hebraic-Abrahamic six days of creation also correspond to this theogonic development, the order of the six Kings.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,

the First.]
Parodites
Philosopher

Postby perpetualburn » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:22 pm

Parodites wrote:True Christianity teaches that there is no one source of evil, there is no one Satan, there is no Hell where sinners are punished, nor any Heaven where the good are rewarded, (Heaven is an inner state of enlightenment reached in our life, not in our death, for there is no such thing as death- that's the whole point of Christ's teaching) it is a property inherent to material existence itself; it is simply the negative reflection of God's absence in the world. A Hell? Think about how pagan that is, Hell, a Hades, this concept of a dark underworld; it's Greco-Roman! Just like everything else the Catholic Church pushes, it's all just pagan culture rebranded with Christianity!

What sort of action does "true Christianity" encourage? What/who are the enemies of true Christianity? Is true Christianity tragic/heroic in the Greek sense?
As a pillar of rising smoke did my angel condescend and appear, standing without reserve on the exhausted banks of infinite sorrow.

"There, where the state CEASETH—pray look thither, my brethren! Do ye not see it, the rainbow and the bridges of the Superman?" -N

http://knowthyself.forumotion.net/f6-agora
perpetualburn

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality