For you god weirdos....

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: For you god weirdos....

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:31 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:All - and I mean all - theories in ethics and political philosophy just rephrase and unpack the golden rule. They call it by other names. If they mess with it, it is to their detriment. As in your case.

That’s crazy level bullshit. I just gave you a counter argument. All someone wants to do is mutilate genitals. So they mutilate their genitals first because of the golden law... or they have someone else mutilate their genitals ...now, people are not forgiven for not allowing this person to mutilate all genitals.

Even the platinum rule doesn’t work ... treat others as they want to be treated.

And... god doesn’t exist.

If god existed, the patch I’m doing would have already kicked in when I discovered that realities don’t work with more than one actual person, and I’d have been instantly shuttled to a single secure infinite universe to my desire out of an infinite multiverse.

You should try reading all the rules, bronze, silver, gold, platinum etc...

See. Your school is brainwashing you.

There’s this thing called philosophy and people called philosophers.

I understand they’re not at your school, but they are not mythical beings... they really do exist, and they do something called thinking.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:07 pm

I would have to ask WHY … I hear there are good arguments both ways for male circumcision. As for female… I feel the same about it as I feel about sex (re)assignment surgery for people born intersex (NO!). But look at the person’s intentions. Try to understand WHY. Connect with a sliver of commonality, and walk them out of their commitment and into yours by showing how they have self-destructing commitments (and you don’t). Be open to self-destructing your own in the process and moving their or another direction.

If there is no common ground (God, essentially, even if unrecognized)… the process can’t even launch.

I would take the trouble of explaining how the different versions of the GR are just rephrases (knew before I started Stan State), but I already did yesterday & you didn’t want to read the link—OR—you read it & are pretending you didn’t. Like my Socratic-method wielding instructors. And Anita, Facebook’s chatbot heh!

As for how graded absolutism answers the rest of your *astute* critique, Dr. Turner’s ethics course was very helpful in deepening my understanding of three other philosophers besides Norm Geisler (biblical, and with good reasons, but I tuned them up a little) & C.S. Lewis (via Augustine’s rightly ordered loves), at least one of whom acknowledged graded absolutism. I would love to explore it further and compile all I’ve learned into a book that also utilizes story, like Nina Rosenstand’s.

Dr. Turner also showed how … well, a bunch of stuff!!! Invaluable course.

I would have loved to study more eastern philosophy. Chuang Tzu, Confucius. We’ll see. I may have to resort to professors’ videos on YouTube. Especially about the pivot of the dao/tao, and all the ways C.S. Lewis has it (Golden Rule) showing up in every culture in history at the end of The Abolition of Man. Been too long since I read that.

As for the rest of my professors - I stand by my previous statements. I learned from and was challenged by each of their methods (and I am looking forward to learning more). And yes. They are mythical creatures. Like you. :)
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Follow me for more excuses.
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:27 pm

You’re still trolling.

I’m not talking about circumcision.

I’m talking about chopping all adult penises off completely.

I’m not talking about clitorectomies.

I’m talking about penetrating vaginas with a knife for hours.

There are people who want to and do, do this to themselves and it has no bearing on sex reassignment surgery.

You’re totally trolling here.

According to the golden rule, if anyone does this to themselves, they get a free pass if they do it to anyone and or everyone... otherwise, those people are sinning against god.

C.S. Lewis is full of shit.

I don’t care about a morons writings.

I care about the real universe.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:51 pm

Ecmandu wrote:You’re still trolling.

I’m not talking about circumcision.

I’m talking about chopping all adult penises off completely.

I’m not talking about clitorectomies.

I’m talking about penetrating vaginas with a knife for hours.

There are people who want to and do, do this to themselves and it has no bearing on sex reassignment surgery.

You’re totally trolling here.

According to the golden rule, if anyone does this to themselves, they get a free pass if they do it to anyone and or everyone... otherwise, those people are sinning against god.

C.S. Lewis is full of shit.

I don’t care about a morons writings.

I care about the real universe.

I’m going to add to this.

The highest level of spiritual attainment is knowing that a universe never works with more than one actual being in it... that actual being, being you.

Otherwise the pleasurable exclusive access problem is violated.

If god were real, god would have added the patch I’m uploading already, to download once any and every possible being reaches this level of attainment so that they could be in their individual heaven forever.

God can even build into the patch that a person at anytime can enter an actual win/lose universe again and leave back into their private one again at anytime.

I’m doing gods job, and I’m not claiming to be god.

I’m claiming to be Jason. A being who requires no praise or worship or hatred against in any way.

I’m just doing the job god should have done.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:37 pm

Charles says he’s had enough of your shit & he’s instructed me to ignore you until you put your last communications on video.

I never disobey a cat.

- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:08 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:Charles says he’s had enough of your shit & he’s instructed me to ignore you until you put your last communications on video.

I never disobey a cat.

You’re a psychopath Ichthus.

There is no creator.

There are ideas from all of us that extend infinitely back.

You’re a psychopath. You’re going to be here a long time.

You’re not satisfied unless someone achieves pleasure at another's exclusion.

You’ll be here for trillions and trillions of years.

I don’t feel sorry for you.

I’m leaving. Not yet, but I will leave. I’m going to walk off this plane of existence and live in my personal heaven forever.

It actually helps me to meet everyone, because I can make the patch better and never have to come back here again.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:35 pm

Charles said you can’t trace infinitely back or else you never would have got here because the first domino never would have tipped in your direction. He said you gotta wake up pretty early in the morning if you want to…

…feed your cat.

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:13 am

Ichthus77 wrote:Charles said you can’t trace infinitely back or else you never would have got here because the first domino never would have tipped in your direction. He said you gotta wake up pretty early in the morning if you want to…

…feed your cat.

You’re a psychopath.

If a person doesn’t want another being to hurt at their pleasure, it’s impossible to live in a universe with more than one actual being.

Once I figured this out. The patch didn’t kick in.

Thus. No creator.

These ideas have been around infinitely long.

We collectively chose different ideas.

I went to infinite digital heavens... so did an infinite number of beings.

People like you chose to live with others who have a consent structure like you, those are called actual beings.

You are at such a low level of evolution in the cosmos, that a being like me has to spend at least another decade patching for you so that I never have to come back to your ... shit minds here.

You’re only capable of feeling pleasure at someone’s exclusion. You have no other capacity. Trillions of years from now, you’ll understand. It’s not my job to force you to make the decision I know for a fact you’ll make trillions of years from now.

I have to respect that your mind is a piece of shit, and let it play out.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:18 am

Ichthus77 wrote:Charles says he’s had enough of your shit & he’s instructed me to ignore you until you put your last communications on video.

I never disobey a cat.

lol
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:39 am

Charles said he wants to be renamed Patches so you’ll be obsessed with him and feed him earlier in the morning. I told him he should offer to help you patch, since you won’t let me without implying some b.s. malarkey I can’t even keep track of. He said … and get this … “No.”

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:43 am

Ichthus77 wrote:Charles said he wants to be renamed Patches so you’ll be obsessed with him and feed him earlier in the morning. I told him he should offer to help you patch, since you won’t let me without implying some b.s. malarkey I can’t even keep track of. He said … and get this … “No.”

You don’t know anything about Charles. Talking about this cat also makes you a psychopath.

Charles biggest problem is that he has fleas and he’s hyper-allergic to them. I can only apply the medication on the nape of his neck once a month.

You are a complete asshole psychopath by the way.

MagsJ has already admitted on ILP that the meaning of all life is to be the biggest complete asshole psychopath ever.

You haven’t admitted it yet. You might or might not have a conscience.

To be perfectly honest. I needed to know people like you and MagsJ exist to make my patch perfect.

It never occurred to me that people were actually this psychopathic. Now that I know. I’m glad I met both of you.

It’ll make my patch perfect so I never have to return here.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:10 am

Charles says it will take you a trillion years to starve him to death, so he’s fine with your current plans.

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:23 am

Ichthus77 wrote:Charles says it will take you a trillion years to starve him to death, so he’s fine with your current plans.

Alright. You have no conscience. I get it.

You’re just like Mag.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:41 am

I know you are, but what am I?

Someone who knows what lasagne is.

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:50 am

Ichthus77 wrote:I know you are, but what am I?

Someone who knows what lasagne is.

You have no conscience.

I’ll be in and out.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:56 am

That was Garfield, not Charles. Charles says he wouldn’t know what lasagne is.

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:37 am

Ichthus77 wrote:That was Garfield, not Charles. Charles says he wouldn’t know what lasagne is.

Ichthus.

Let’s stop playing games.

Beings from my realm are so powerful... they only sent one scout to handle an infinite number of win/lose universes.

I know you’ve possessed me. I’m not stupid.

You’re way in over your head.

The easiest way to tell if a person is a megalomaniac is if they believe in god and what they describe god as.

I’m just a scout Ichthus and you can barely contain me.

You have no idea what it means to bring an infinite number of beings out of their infinite heavens.

If you possess me again, I might actually bring another being to this plane of existence.

We’re trying to be nice to all of you.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:02 am

For one, I don’t need cuz never had a remote.

For two, your reinforcement needs reinforcement needs reinforcement … keep going …

Pray about it.

Or, sure, try it the hard way.

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:45 am

Ichthus77 wrote:For one, I don’t need cuz never had a remote.

For two, your reinforcement needs reinforcement needs reinforcement … keep going …

Pray about it.

Or, sure, try it the hard way.

Are you threatening an infinite number of beings Ichthus?

God doesn’t exist Ichthus. You know why? Because someone suffered.

If I even brought 4 of us here, you have no idea.

Prayer is a sin by the way. It’s testing the lord your god. Pray to bowl a 300 tomorrow.

You’re not only a psychopath, you’re an idiot and you’re working in a realm where you’re playing the god who doesn’t exist.

You severely underestimate this situation.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:40 pm

The only way there could be an infinite number of beings (or dominoes) is if God appeared them all at once. The only way they could begin to fall is if he tipped the first one over…or made them sentient like him. Not mere projections. And the only way a good God would allow even one to suffer is if his suffering with them, and turning everything back to good, is built in. Isaiah 66:9 applies to the pain he must cause in order to reset what is broken so it may grow, new again. Pain always has a purpose, and whenever our purpose isn’t in line with his, we’re fooling ourselves. He is the Way. All ways lead to him, or death.

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:46 pm

Charles wants me to add this: My/his last two posts were serious because he’s been remote controlling you so that I would obey him and write something serious and stop playing games. I never disobey a cat. Also, next time you lose your remote, he says try asking him. He always knows where it is. AFTER you pet him.

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:05 pm

Ichthus.

No. You’re making psychopathic fantasy trolls.

What you are typing has nothing to do with existence.

I actually tried to destroy existence once. That’s why I know everything I know.

It wasn’t god that kept existence together, it’s the fact that not even god can destroy existence., even if god wanted to with all his heart and soul. Existence can’t be destroyed.

Sentience cannot be destroyed.

There is no purpose to suffering. There is no meaning to what we’re going through.

The only meaning is stretching back through all space and time and resurrect an idea from way back then and reconstruct it.

The patch.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:46 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Ichthus.

No. You’re making psychopathic fantasy trolls.

What you are typing has nothing to do with existence.

I actually tried to destroy existence once. That’s why I know everything I know.

It wasn’t god that kept existence together, it’s the fact that not even god can destroy existence., even if god wanted to with all his heart and soul. Existence can’t be destroyed.

Sentience cannot be destroyed.

There is no purpose to suffering. There is no meaning to what we’re going through.

The only meaning is stretching back through all space and time and resurrect an idea from way back then and reconstruct it.

The patch.

I want to add to this.

The patch is just tattered notes.

There is no such thing as primordial when existence never began.

What I’m doing is making a whole novel out of a few tattered notes.

Something doesn’t come from nothing.

The patch has always been there as an incomplete idea... now it’s just a matter of inference and addition from the tools we have available.

That’s where a mind like mine comes in.

I’m just doing simple addition and inference.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:12 pm

:) you have a beautiful mind

Whoever you are.

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:54 pm

Ichthus77

Do you really think an all knowing creator being would create to bother anyone?

Why not? I wonder what kind of a world it would be if everyone was always fully satisfied. What would anyone have to reach for? Human evolution, individual evolution, can come about when people are "bothered', become bothered by their own selves or by others. Maybe it is just the "push" that God gives us, instills in us, to make the world continue to go around.

Molinists believe that god gave us all freewill but has to keep changing his plan forever depending on how we decide.

lol The first thing that came to me here - wouldn't that kind of make us all God's puppeteers? Another way I can look at this is that God gives us many chances, is really extremely flexible in dealing with us. Aside from that, I do not necessarily see will as being free. We make our choices but will...can seem more binding than free...at least to me...but we either transcend or plow through but it is not always free.

You’re literally insane.

“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
BE MELTING SNOW. WASH YOURSELF OF YOURSELF.

YOU WANDER FROM ROOM TO ROOM
HUNTING FOR THE DIAMOND NECKLACE
THAT IS ALREADY AROUND YOUR NECK!

DANCE UNTIL YOU SHATTER YOURSELF!

THERE IS A VOICE THAT DOESN'T USE WORDS. LISTEN!

LIFE IS A BALANCE BETWEEN HOLDING ON AND LETTING GO!

LET SILENCE TAKE YOU TO THE CORE OF LIFE!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

PreviousNext

Return to Religion and Spirituality