A Discussion of Moderation

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Otto » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:27 am

MagsJ wrote:
Otto wrote:Angles and Saxons are or - let's say - were separate people. They became one people, more or less, yes, because if someone tried to separate them again today, it would be pretty difficult, I guess.

By the way, the name "England" contains the word "Angles". You certainly know that.

I do indeed.. the Angles had a massive influence on the integral structure and infrastructure of Great Britain, with whole swathes and/or parts of the country being named after them.. including TV and radio broadcasting networks, a Religion.. tho I’m RC, and then you have angles.. geometry, and angling.. fishing, amongst (so many) other concepts and objects.

I am not so learn-ed on all things Saxon I’m afraid, as my European lineages descend from the Angles.. tho I have visited ancient and medieval Saxon towns, villages, and churches etc. in England. My mother’s maiden-name actually means English, but I only found that out last year, when I was researching the more in-depth origins of my ancestry.

*
And because I don't want to drift from the topic of this thread: An Anglo-Saxon as moderator would certainly be a good solution for ILP. :)

Are you implying your interest.. along with that notion? a calm and objective demeanour would certainly be a prerequisite for the post.

No, I decline an ILP moderation with thanks. :D
User avatar
Otto
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:53 pm

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby encode_decode » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:13 am

.

Otto wrote:No, I decline an ILP moderation with thanks. :D

I believe you are a good man, Otto.

.
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1848
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Nebula

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Artimas » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:01 am

Alf wrote:
Artimas wrote:I would mod but would have to get on here more, like I used to.

Would you "invest" more time in ILP if you were a moderator?


Yeah probably, it’s a responsibility. I like having things to do and being organized. I used to be on here pretty frequently tbh. I have modded sites before but for games mainly.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3880
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Artimas » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:10 am

WendyDarling wrote:
iambiguous wrote:Note to Wendy:

See how it works?

Just like the "telephone" game. There's the thread's OP...and then the posts at the end of the thread. You tell me how they are connected. :wink:

No one, other than a moderator or “The Moderator on High”, can stop you from derailing thread after thread, but that wasn’t my only complaint about that particular copy/paste. My other problem with that Satyr paste was bringing unwanted, and quite frankly, overt harassment of an ILP member from another forum into that ILP member’s thread so that you are essentially harassing him as well, creating unnecessary drama. If Satyr interests you so much, bring over all the threads where he calls you a chimp amongst other creative names and place them in the sandbox where we can all weigh in, rather than hiding the shit where he holds you in high regards in the rant house. Or perhaps you would welcome my connecting the dots with copy/pasting Satyrs colorful posts about you in your non-rant house threads?


Who even is this guy and what is everyone’s infatuation with him, who cares bout him lol. His philosophies sound nihilistic and like a superiority complex, there is no such thing as superiority in nature when all exists from shit, it’s really that simple.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3880
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Previous

Return to Meta



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron