Double edged sword

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Re: Double edged sword

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:09 am

“fad as here concern”

This 2 shall pass… though… every now is eternal in God’s mind, so. Consider it a token (of credit) sublimated in your general direction. May God’s judgment direct it to whichever target he deems best.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

The thoughts/actions in your head should be both eternal and external. If they can’t be both, boot them. Not everyone is willing to part with the internal/external that is not in line with the eternal. That is why we don’t have heaven on earth.

Science: https://youtu.be/90sWAKwZHHE

Wisdom after forgetting, and rediscovering the written record of the forgotten: The only one you’re allowed to plagiarize is the self you no longer are.

Isn’t it “funny” how the religious rulers of Jesus‘ day wanted him crucified, and the secular rulers of our day want to turn him into a mere (at most) philosopher?
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:04 pm

It is no laughing matter, in fact I pray that it will not appear as trying for a last laugh that will condemn me to the last.

But compelled as I was to annodate this forum , which is probably fated to suffer the lot of ilp's eternal destination, the waste bin, here is a kind of summation.

Not as a nite if some real closure, but rather an answer to (2) felt apperition , a passant, at least noting the reductive sequence of the way vectors point from 3 toward 2 but bypassing it in an effort to minimize and control damage to a minimum.

So with that in mind not particularly avoiding deals, or the deal, and the blindness of love so embracing it's almost invariably shadowy past;

"Wit craft

Q: I’m editing , and am not sure how to punctuate a sentence and was at my wit’s end.” Is it “wit’s end” or “wits’ end”? I figure you’d know!

The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language (4th ed.) gives only the singular “wit’s end,” but Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary (11th ed.) gives both singular and plural.

The Oxford English Dictionary includes both too. It says the expression means “utterly perplexed; at a loss what to think or what to do.” The OED adds that the phrase is often written in the genitive plural (wits’), even in reference to a single person.

Either way, you need the possessive apostrophe.

Interestingly, we have here both “wit” (intelligence, keenness of perception) and “wits” (mental faculties). That explains the idiom about being “scared out of my wits.”

However, it also implies that there might be a slight difference in meaning between “wit’s end” and “wits’ end.” Have you exhausted your ability to think, or have you gone nuts?

But perhaps this is nit-picking. In fact, forget I ever mentioned it!"

From Wiki
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:13 pm

I’ll never tell.

The thoughts/actions in your head should be both eternal and external. If they can’t be both, boot them. Not everyone is willing to part with the internal/external that is not in line with the eternal. That is why we don’t have heaven on earth.

Wisdom after forgetting, and rediscovering the written record of the forgotten: The only one you’re allowed to plagiarize is the self you no longer are.

Isn’t it “funny” how the religious rulers of Jesus‘ day wanted him crucified, and the secular rulers of our day want to turn him into a mere (at most) philosopher?
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:24 pm

All the time I have been here no one can claim that there is any secrets I was hiding that w could give substance to anything to talk about that was not truthful.

But i get thejest and hoping You get that.

As for You Ischthus. I have nothing but admiration.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:56 pm

Aw. Can’t imagine why.

But I can’t help feeling very fond of y’all.

Whoever you are.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:40 am

It really doesn't matter who we think we are, what matters is to be believable as human beings.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:41 am

We only need one Person to believe us. All persons need to believe Him. Even if others doubt or misjudge us, those fractured shadows *all* cast still point to his Wholeness.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:12 pm

The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Meno_ » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:13 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:We only need one Person to believe us. All persons need to believe Him. Even if others doubt or misjudge us, those fractured shadows *all* cast still point to his Wholeness.

Miracles are only granted for examplary reasons fir those eho think that they can't see.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:15 pm

MagsJ wrote:_
Playing with knives.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLlvYaCZ8Vc

Exactly my point , especially for those who have no access tocutlery grinding tools.
Last edited by Meno_ on Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:31 pm

Hm. Some give their knives away to others who yada.

I won’t even sell mine.

And some think the miracle is where it’s at, when they’re a miracle and forget that where it’s at is what the miracle points to. A miracle that points to crap is a lie. Trying to earn love is a lie. That ain’t love.

Waiting for a miracle? Be careful what you wish for. Some external signs cover dead men’s bones.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:16 pm

Miracles are not reverse causative but forward cumulative. It never happens as some effect, but becomes effective for no appearently casual sequence of events.
Doubt accompanies it as an adjacent assurance so that the outpouring and overflow of the unprepared fir situation may find some respite .
That doubt is what probably drove Descartes to tears

https://www.jstor.org/stable/20185316
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:30 pm

Meno_ wrote:Miracles are not reverse causative but forward cumulative. It never happens as some effect, but becomes effective for no appearently casual sequence of events.
Doubt accompanies it as an adjacent assurance so that the outpouring and overflow of the unprepared fir situation may find some respite .
That doubt is what probably drove Descartes to tears

https://www.jstor.org/stable/20185316

And tread on this very carefully for the deepest levels may not discern the joy of a spirit up in merging with God, nor the feeling of a loved, on the pain of physical return into a prior mode of being of a loved one.
Last edited by Meno_ on Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:37 pm

Descartes, Kant, & Brentano all 3 understood the 3 parts of the soul. Unity, not composite.

My Counseling yada prof distinguished for me the difference between a body feeling & the mind’s interpretation (emotion). I have a Venn for that somewhere.

Link up with the Whole (father) & he makes you (child) whole again. Like a baby, weeping, smiling, though it knows not Why.

Yet.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:54 pm

They did" but the others for whim it was intended? And really they were meant for them.

For can tears be found as signs of sadness separable from joy?

Usually, but rarely?
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:39 pm

I cried yesterday because I miss my friend. It’s a kind of death. Thankfully I am never alone. But to get *there* is another kind of death.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:44 pm

Yes Ichthus but a kind of death which we should be looking fireward ti with tears of joy, is the promised ones of eternal life

See? The piwed and function of diubt. The instrumental facility if the evil genius or even the evil of genius?

That is reaffirmed by Wittgenstein
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:27 pm

Meno_ wrote:Yes Ichthus but a kind of death which we should be looking fireward ti with tears of joy, is the promised ones of eternal life

See? The piwed and function of diubt. The instrumental facility if the evil genius or even the evil of genius?

That is reaffirmed by Wittgenstein

To sublimate the above, it's not entirely coincidental that Nietzsche and Dostoevsky or through him, dregged down to the under ground to realize the significant coincidence between the consequences of the enlightenebt and it's reverse consequences to the benefit of mankind

All future regressive pulls to the obviously undifferentiated affective summa, point to the sudden rebirth of the roots of civilization.

The magically abundant symbols reappearing with the Oracle of Delphi are a reminder of serious concern with the underworld's significance.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:29 pm

Nietzsche did nit become a poet of wisdom unprepaired by pre-requitioned preparation, he had the mystics to abide by, in their darkest hour.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:41 pm

https://readingreligion.org/9781138391208

Böhme had a number of mystical experiences throughout his youth, culminating in a vision in 1600 as one day he focused his attention onto the exquisite beauty of a beam of sunlight reflected in a pewter dish.
Notable ideas: Boehmian theosophy; The mystical being of the deity as the Ungrund ...
Other names: Jacob Boehme, Jacob Behmen; (English spellings)
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:46 pm

Meno_ wrote:https://readingreligion.org/9781138391208

Böhme had a number of mystical experiences throughout his youth, culminating in a vision in 1600 as one day he focused his attention onto the exquisite beauty of a beam of sunlight reflected in a pewter dish.
Notable ideas: Boehmian theosophy; The mystical being of the deity as the Ungrund ...

Mystical Experience of Jacob Boehme
Jacob Boehme (1575 – 1624) was a German Protestant mystic, theologian, writer, and cobbler by trade. His most well-known book, Aurora: The Dayspring, or Dawning of the Day in the East, is considered a classic of spirituality. Boehme once stated that “Heaven is nothing other than a revelation of the Eternal One, where everything works and wills in silent love.”

One biographer wrote that, at the age of twenty-five, Boehme was “surrounded by the divine light, and replenished with the heavenly knowledge, insomuch as going abroad into the fields to a green, at Gorlitz [a town in Saxony, Germany], he there sat down and viewing the herbs and grass of the field, in his inward light he saw into their essences, use, and properties, which was discovered to him by their lineaments, figures, and signatures.” Of this experience, Boehme wrote, “In this light my spirit saw through all things and into all creatures, and I recognized God in grass and plants.”

Boehme described a later period of mystical experience as follows:

“In one quarter of an hour I saw and knew more than if I had been many years together at a university. For I saw and knew the being of all things, the Byss and the Abyss, and the eternal generation of the holy Trinity, the descent and origin of the world and of all creatures through the divine wisdom. I knew and saw in myself all the three worlds, the external and visible world being of a procreation or external birth from both the internal and spiritual worlds; and I saw and knew the whole working essence, in the evil and in the good, and the mutual original and existence, and likewise how the fruitful bearing womb of eternity brought forth. So that I did not only greatly wonder at it, but did also exceedingly rejoice, albeit I could very hardly apprehend the same in my external man and set it down with the pen. For I had a thorough view of the universe as in a chaos, wherein all things are couched and wrapt up, but it was impossible for me to explicate the same.”

Writing of “Primal Love,” which he experienced during his absorption in the Godhead, Boehme stated that “it may fitly be compared to Nothing, for it is deeper than any Thing, and is as nothing with respect to all things, forasmuch as it is not comprehensible by any of them. And because it is nothing respectively, it is therefore free from all things, and is that only good, which a man cannot express or utter what it is, there being nothing to which it may be compared, to express it by.”
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:50 pm

Meno_ wrote:
Meno_ wrote:https://readingreligion.org/9781138391208

Mystical Experience of Jacob Boehme
Jacob Boehme (1575 – 1624) was a German Protestant mystic, theologian, writer, and cobbler by trade. His most well-known book, Aurora: The Dayspring, or Dawning of the Day in the East, is considered a classic of spirituality. Boehme once stated that “Heaven is nothing other than a revelation of the Eternal One, where everything works and wills in silent love.”

One biographer wrote that, at the age of twenty-five, Boehme was “surrounded by the divine light, and replenished with the heavenly knowledge, insomuch as going abroad into the fields to a green, at Gorlitz [a town in Saxony, Germany], he there sat down and viewing the herbs and grass of the field, in his inward light he saw into their essences, use, and properties, which was discovered to him by their lineaments, figures, and signatures.” Of this experience, Boehme wrote, “In this light my spirit saw through all things and into all creatures, and I recognized God in grass and plants.”

Boehme described a later period of mystical experience as follows:

“In one quarter of an hour I saw and knew more than if I had been many years together at a university. For I saw and knew the being of all things, the Byss and the Abyss, and the eternal generation of the holy Trinity, the descent and origin of the world and of all creatures through the divine wisdom. I knew and saw in myself all the three worlds, the external and visible world being of a procreation or external birth from both the internal and spiritual worlds; and I saw and knew the whole working essence, in the evil and in the good, and the mutual original and existence, and likewise how the fruitful bearing womb of eternity brought forth. So that I did not only greatly wonder at it, but did also exceedingly rejoice, albeit I could very hardly apprehend the same in my external man and set it down with the pen. For I had a thorough view of the universe as in a chaos, wherein all things are couched and wrapt up, but it was impossible for me to explicate the same.”

Writing of “Primal Love,” which he experienced during his absorption in the Godhead, Boehme stated that “it may fitly be compared to Nothing, for it is deeper than any Thing, and is as nothing with respect to all things, forasmuch as it is not comprehensible by any of them. And because it is nothing respectively, it is therefore free from all things, and is that only good, which a man cannot express or utter what it is, there being nothing to which it may be compared, to express it by.”

And then the nihilistic birth of the tragedy of irony.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:36 pm

Nobody talks about how Hades is like Abraham’s bosom (Lazarus’ location… like Isles of the Blessed) & the rich man’s location is like Tartarus.

Anyway, somewhere it was mentioned above by you… reverse causality. I just need to clarify that any pictures I have posted on here that show the blending of moments have nothing to do with reverse causality. The blending of moments happens in God’s mind from beyond the timeline. All of this is in God’s mind (Original Being). Like I mentioned, it began complete, but he is involved in every moment as it happens. If there are beings, including genetic humans or AI, who have figured something out about time, their tinkering is subsumed under the original being in which the whole is sustained. It changes nothing of the original plan — even if it appears something is different.

Usylles ¡heh!

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:18 pm

“virtuous” by default (w/o philosophy) is like the warrior (first fall from rule of guardians) who falls further & chooses tyrant life in next life cuz they allowed their guardians to be like a tyranny of the majority over the warriors & craftsmen parts of their soul & they never broke free from self-incurred tutelage/immaturity—so they pendulum-shifted to vicious tyrants. “watch your mouth” (509A, 580A-583A… “at least when he’s praising his own life”). It’s a ladder riddle. He doesn’t just hand us the answer.

Jesus’ parable (rich man & Lazarus) shows a different kind of inversion (Socrates’ being we choose our life between lives as in a pendulum). Perhaps the intended one. The kingdom of the Golden Rule (describes Jesus) is not imposed from outside, but written on & wielded by the heart. You have heard it said, but I say.

In either case, no god is to blame. (Note to Biggy.)

One image (second) is from The Republic. One is from Kant’s “Idea for a Universal History with a Cosmopolitan Purpose” (first).
Attachments
CC6715A7-FECA-40D8-B06C-B95344C6A2BB.jpeg
CC6715A7-FECA-40D8-B06C-B95344C6A2BB.jpeg (150.26 KiB) Viewed 69 times
66BB0A51-F466-4726-AF01-DEB2248F8D03.jpeg
66BB0A51-F466-4726-AF01-DEB2248F8D03.jpeg (166.43 KiB) Viewed 69 times

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:14 pm

Ichthus says:

"Anyway, somewhere it was mentioned above by you… reverse causality. I just need to clarify that any pictures I have posted on here that show the blending of moments have nothing to do with reverse causality. The blending of moments happens in God’s mind from beyond the timeline. All of this is in God’s mind (Original Being). Like I mentioned, it began complete, but he is involved in every moment as it happens. If there are beings, including genetic humans or AI, who have figured something out about time, their tinkering is subsumed under the original being in which the whole is sustained. It changes nothing of the original plan — even if it appears something is different."
Meno_
The Invisible One

PreviousNext

Return to Meta