Petition to ban Sculptor

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Should Sculptor be banned from this forum?

Yes
21
64%
No
11
33%
I don't know
1
3%
 
Total votes : 33

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:15 am

im not the one who needs to put bullets in ppls head to have my voice heard
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:17 am

youve got a crazy victim complex you should talk to someone about it
pending
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 32468
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:21 am

ur side goes around wanting to put bullets in the head, yet ur side is not the one going to start civil war?

u might be retarded
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:30 am

seriously every time you cry about that it makes you look like a bigger pansy
pending
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 32468
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:34 am

dont worry, im not interested in putting bullets in ppls heads, ill leave that to ur little posse
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:37 am

i dont have a posse.
pending
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 32468
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:41 am

o ok
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby iambiguous » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:09 pm

Urwrong Times A 1000 Bullets In The Brain wrote:im not the one who needs to put bullets in ppls head to have my voice heard


Think about it...

Here's someone who actually chooses as his user name "you are wrong times a thousand".

And what [here] can that possibly be in reference to but his own fulminating fanatic dogmas?

Not only that but I [and others] often bring him to the point where he is practically sputtering with rage when someone refuses to accept his own political prejudices.

Any number of times I could well imagine him wanting to put a bullet in the brain of some here.

He is so fixated on others thinking exactly like he does, he sometimes comes off as a kind of ticking time bomb.



Well, unless of course I'm wrong.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=176529
Then here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 5&t=185296
And here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=194382

"Sure, it works in practice, but does it work in theory?"

Danny Embling: "People wonder how Hitler managed to get so many followers...it's never surprised me."
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 46431
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:35 am

Typical Leftist-Liberal-Democrat-Communist scum... accusing others of what they, and only they, are guilty of.

It's interesting how they react when they lose their precious 'victim' status.


Note to others:

It is their side that need to threaten violence and death, not ours, not mine, because that's all they have left, petulant, childish, threats of force.

They cannot speak/write/convince/argue on this forum. When they try, they expose themselves as retards immediately, like piguous here just did.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:34 am

Urwrong Motherfucker!!! wrote:Typical Leftist-Liberal-Democrat-Communist scum... accusing others of what they, and only they, are guilty of.

It's interesting how they react when they lose their precious 'victim' status.


Note to others:

It is their side that need to threaten violence and death, not ours, not mine, because that's all they have left, petulant, childish, threats of force.

They cannot speak/write/convince/argue on this forum. When they try, they expose themselves as retards immediately, like piguous here just did.


See what I mean? Does anyone here doubt that if anyone here is capable of inflicting actual bodily harm on those who refused to toe their line, it would be him?

He can barely contain himself when, seething, he goes off the deep end.

So, I can only come back to this in regard to those displaying arrogant, authoritarian "Satyrean" traits:

...someday he might finally confront whatever or whoever turned him into this fulminating fanatic freakshow. Something has clearly pissed him off in life. Something that brings him into places like this in order to vent!!!

It seems patently clear he needs to make scapegoats of those he construes to be part of whatever he is outraged about. But what is it? And how did it come about?

Wouldn't that be far more fascinating to explore than the "substance" of his caustic, declamatory personal attacks?


Sure, with me, I'll go the huffing and puffing route myself. But that revolves largely around my polemicist persona and the godot bits.

With Urwrong, however, I'm convinced it's no fucking act.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=176529
Then here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 5&t=185296
And here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=194382

"Sure, it works in practice, but does it work in theory?"

Danny Embling: "People wonder how Hitler managed to get so many followers...it's never surprised me."
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 46431
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:24 am

I really feel like if people are going to argue like this, they should be forced to wear antlers and dress up like a deer, and run at each other from opposite ends of the arena. No words. Just antlers.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6151
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:07 am

Look at piguous here, him and his posse needs to go around the forum threatening to "put bullets in heads" and (real Americans) "need to die".

Then, when they're exposed... blame those they want to do violence against.

Amazing mental gymnastics. These people are retarded. However, these are the types committing real domestic terrorism, like Waukesha. These are the real enemies of America.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:03 am

you were never threatened
pending
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 32468
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:35 am

Defending this garbage on a philosophy forum is unforgivable.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:19 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:I really feel like if people are going to argue like this, they should be forced to wear antlers and dress up like a deer, and run at each other from opposite ends of the arena. No words. Just antlers.


Right, like, in regard to the Kingdom, I haven't been attempting in vain to take the antlers off you. 8)
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=176529
Then here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 5&t=185296
And here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=194382

"Sure, it works in practice, but does it work in theory?"

Danny Embling: "People wonder how Hitler managed to get so many followers...it's never surprised me."
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 46431
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:33 pm

Urwrong Takes Piguous To The Woodshed wrote:Look at piguous here, him and his posse needs to go around the forum threatening to "put bullets in heads" and (real Americans) "need to die".

Then, when they're exposed... blame those they want to do violence against.

Amazing mental gymnastics. These people are retarded. However, these are the types committing real domestic terrorism, like Waukesha. These are the real enemies of America.


Nope, can't recall posting anything here about putting bullets in anyone's head. And, in regard to death, my main preoccupation is pinning down the objectivists who insist that if you join their very own bleating flock of sheep you can avoid oblivion altogether.

That and making complete fools out of the fulminating fanatics like Lyssa Maybe and Urwrong.

Some of them however are so dimwitted they don't even recognize when they are being made complete fools of.

Hint, hint.

On the other hand, I'm not for banning them. I kind of like making complete fools out of them. And, after all, it is the New ILP, right?
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=176529
Then here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 5&t=185296
And here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=194382

"Sure, it works in practice, but does it work in theory?"

Danny Embling: "People wonder how Hitler managed to get so many followers...it's never surprised me."
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 46431
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:44 pm

It's the same old dressed up in different garb.
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13326
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:49 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Ichthus77 wrote:I really feel like if people are going to argue like this, they should be forced to wear antlers and dress up like a deer, and run at each other from opposite ends of the arena. No words. Just antlers.


Right, like, in regard to the Kingdom, I haven't been attempting in vain to take the antlers off you. 8)


*ahem* Line?

The truth has teeth.

Double-edged sword-like teeth.

Love. Painful… but… so worth it ;)
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6151
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:03 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:
iambiguous wrote:
Ichthus77 wrote:I really feel like if people are going to argue like this, they should be forced to wear antlers and dress up like a deer, and run at each other from opposite ends of the arena. No words. Just antlers.


Right, like, in regard to the Kingdom, I haven't been attempting in vain to take the antlers off you. 8)


*ahem* Line?

The truth has teeth.

Double-edged sword-like teeth.

Love. Painful… but… so worth it ;)


Note to Me No Make Sense:

Another convert?! :lol:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=176529
Then here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 5&t=185296
And here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=194382

"Sure, it works in practice, but does it work in theory?"

Danny Embling: "People wonder how Hitler managed to get so many followers...it's never surprised me."
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 46431
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:09 pm

*spits coffee everywhere*
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6151
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:23 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:*spits coffee everywhere*



she means pisses herself
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=176529
Then here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 5&t=185296
And here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=194382

"Sure, it works in practice, but does it work in theory?"

Danny Embling: "People wonder how Hitler managed to get so many followers...it's never surprised me."
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 46431
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby gib » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:34 pm

One ought to be careful with the assumption that a raging fulminating fanatic here on ILP is a raging fulminating fanatic when a gun is put in their hand. I guess this assumption is that loud screaming words are just a step behind violent outbursts, the result of which might be bullets in people's head. But sometimes loud screaming words are an alternative to violent outbursts. It lets off steam such that one no longer feels compelled to lash out physically and violently. If speech is suppressed, that's what leads, in most cases, to violent outbursts. And one can be very conscious of this, speaking out with offensive hate driven speech because they don't believe in violence. This is precisely why we shouldn't ban people just because we don't like what they say. I'd rather tolerate hateful offensive speech than see a person shoot up a bunch of people because they have no other outlet.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

"Why, I haven't been that entertained since the stock market crash of 1929! Ha! Ha! Ha!... So many orphans."
- Alastor the radio demon

"I want to watch the scum of the world struggle to climb up the hill of betterment only to repeatedly trip and tumble down to the fiery pit of failure."
- Alastor the radio demon

"`With all due respect’ is a wonderful expression because it actually doesn’t specify how much respect is due."
- Alastor the radio demon
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9311
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:43 pm

gib wrote:One ought to be careful with the assumption that a raging fulminating fanatic here on ILP is a raging fulminating fanatic when a gun is put in their hand. I guess this assumption is that loud screaming words are just a step behind violent outbursts, the result of which might be bullets in people's head. But sometimes loud screaming words are an alternative to violent outbursts. It lets off steam such that one no longer feels compelled to lash out physically and violently. If speech is suppressed, that's what leads, in most cases, to violent outbursts. And one can be very conscious of this, speaking out with offensive hate driven speech because they don't believe in violence. This is precisely why we shouldn't ban people just because we don't like what they say. I'd rather tolerate hateful offensive speech than see a person shoot up a bunch of people because they have no other outlet.


We'll need a context, of course.

I know! How about feminism!! Or abortion!!!

Any fulminating fanatics here care to go there?

Let's call it, say, "a battle of wits with an unarmed pinhead". 8)
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=176529
Then here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 5&t=185296
And here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=194382

"Sure, it works in practice, but does it work in theory?"

Danny Embling: "People wonder how Hitler managed to get so many followers...it's never surprised me."
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 46431
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:31 am

gib wrote:One ought to be careful with the assumption that a raging fulminating fanatic here on ILP is a raging fulminating fanatic when a gun is put in their hand. I guess this assumption is that loud screaming words are just a step behind violent outbursts, the result of which might be bullets in people's head. But sometimes loud screaming words are an alternative to violent outbursts. It lets off steam such that one no longer feels compelled to lash out physically and violently. If speech is suppressed, that's what leads, in most cases, to violent outbursts. And one can be very conscious of this, speaking out with offensive hate driven speech because they don't believe in violence. This is precisely why we shouldn't ban people just because we don't like what they say. I'd rather tolerate hateful offensive speech than see a person shoot up a bunch of people because they have no other outlet.

That's a good point.

But the counter-argument is this, if it such behavior is not roundly rebuked by the wide community, and punished by Administration/Moderation, then what happens is... PK just made a thread openly and publicly stating that President Trump should die.

So this poison spreads if you don't address it. And now it will spread further... these people are emboldened, and need to be strongly rebuked. If the Staff on ILP refuse to do their jobs, then lives may be lost at this rate, or much, much worse.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:44 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:Defending this garbage on a philosophy forum is unforgivable.


facts dont care about your feelings
pending
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 32468
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

PreviousNext

Return to Meta



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users