Petition to ban Sculptor

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Should Sculptor be banned from this forum?

Yes
64%
No
33%
I don't know
3%

Total votes : 33

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:47 pm

and gut level feelings translate to the neccesity to sustain diverse opinion.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:13 am

An irony I just recently realized is they woo you away by whetting and feeding your Why? appetite, and then they insult you when you expect an answer that actually satisfies it. Edit: That, or they are trying to give you hints to solve the riddle because they don't want to spoil it for you. ;)

To reiterate: I am one person on this board. I only post my own thoughts. I do not use anyone else’s username, and no one else uses mine. I used to be She(TM). God started bringing me back 9/22/05. If anyone intends things for evil, he can still use it for Good.
Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:39 pm

_
Indeed Ichthus.. this place seems to be a much-needed outlet for its members.

I’m not sure why Sculptor gets rude/volatile sometimes (maybe he has e-Tourette’s), and perhaps he /
you-Sculptor should work on not falling into it.
Last edited by MagsJ on Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:00 pm

If you mean what I was referring to when I unintentionally pit felix and iambiguous against eachother, I can.

If you are doing the same as iambiguous (and you & Meno, etc) in acting like I am (or y’all are) other usernames, based on an experience I mentioned I had back in 2005… I already said I was going to stop. Though, I just now connected those dots. You gonna stop?? Plausible deniability?

For my part, it was not done out of malice… or even intentionally.

I would be interested in getting the perspective of those who intentionally confuse folks… and turn around and accuse others of doing things intentionally that they didn’t intend… and caution them to stop doing what they (you) may (you tell me) have no intention of stopping.

There is always a reason people do what they do. Do you think you have hit on the bigger Yes … or do you think you’ve gone bigger?

Proof all are slaves. Just a matter of which “yes” possesses you. Be possessed by the biggest Yes, or be possessed by less than Yes… I guess (I only said that because it rhymes… which reminds me… if iambiguous is okay with the way I jest, I will not dampen my personality for you… thththththanks).
An irony I just recently realized is they woo you away by whetting and feeding your Why? appetite, and then they insult you when you expect an answer that actually satisfies it. Edit: That, or they are trying to give you hints to solve the riddle because they don't want to spoil it for you. ;)

To reiterate: I am one person on this board. I only post my own thoughts. I do not use anyone else’s username, and no one else uses mine. I used to be She(TM). God started bringing me back 9/22/05. If anyone intends things for evil, he can still use it for Good.
Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:04 pm

cussing and jesting is not bullying if both are fine with it…

Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:19 pm

_
What!?

I have no idea what you are alluding to here.. I’m simply replying in reference to the Op, in conjunction with your post, which I wholeheartedly agreed with.

Is there something you want to tell us about 2005/ILP/happenings? :-k

Relax Ich.. I ain’t no-ones enemy here..

Ichthus77 wrote:If you mean what I was referring to when I unintentionally pit felix and iambiguous against eachother, I can.

If you are doing the same as iambiguous (and you & Meno, etc) in acting like I am (or y’all are) other usernames, based on an experience I mentioned I had back in 2005… I already said I was going to stop. Though, I just now connected those dots. You gonna stop?? Plausible deniability?

For my part, it was not done out of malice… or even intentionally.

I would be interested in getting the perspective of those who intentionally confuse folks… and turn around and accuse others of doing things intentionally that they didn’t intend… and caution them to stop doing what they (you) may (you tell me) have no intention of stopping.

There is always a reason people do what they do. Do you think you have hit on the bigger Yes … or do you think you’ve gone bigger?

Proof all are slaves. Just a matter of which “yes” possesses you. Be possessed by the biggest Yes, or be possessed by less than Yes… I guess (I only said that because it rhymes… which reminds me… if iambiguous is okay with the way I jest, I will not dampen my personality for you… thththththanks).
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:25 pm

Nope, nothing to add about 2005 that I didn’t already tell you in Meno’s thread “philosophy is not for the faint of heart”. Pretty sure.

In conclusion (to be read in the voice of Rodney Norman) if the username mix up was a jesting (or what? you prefer an echo chamber? it is passive aggressive to make me guess, assuming you are trying to teach me something rather than just jest) based on the experience I relayed… the possibility just occurred to me a few minutes ago. Maybe you think I should’ve known from the get-go that was the intention, rather than trying to pit people against each other.

It does highlight the value of having bodies & faces & names & identities that cannot be shared by others who would enjoy confusing us and bully rather than jest, exploiting a natural and good social aspect of being human and forming connections.

This is why the Metaverse is … not gonna work for everyone. Identity theft … etc … would be way too easy.

Making connections offline is more authentic, but there were con artists before the Internet. They, too, are loved despite their crap.

And will prolly still be oblivious in certain respects even after they get a bigger Yes.

Folks who exploit them and reject the bigger Yes even though they know it… out of my hands… I put them in God’s. It is not for me to understand or make final judgments. But the activity itself is death. All will be reconciled and turned back to good. You decide the role you play. Denying it is inauthentic.

Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:31 pm

exit, mic-dropping music: https://youtu.be/5vBGOrI6yBk

Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:00 pm

_
I ever-so-slightly edited my post.. I see where the error-of-meaning in what I said, occurred. I did not mean You, but you-Sculptor.. as in He.

I have now since hyphenated the two words into one. Confusion over.. case closed? :D
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1#p2856421

Postby MagsJ » Fri 04 Feb, 2022 13:39

_
Indeed Ichthus.. this place seems to be a much-needed outlet for its members.

I’m not sure why Sculptor gets rude/volatile sometimes (maybe he has e-Tourette’s), and perhaps he /
you-Sculptor should work on not falling into it.

Last edited by MagsJ on Fri 04 Feb, 2022 15:51, edited 2 times in total.
Last edited by MagsJ on Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:10 pm

Are you…? Did you just…? Meh.

Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:24 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:Are you…? Did you just…? Meh.

Am I…? Did I just…? what? :-s

..and ..for my next trick, I will attempt to not make such errors, ever again.. so as to alleviate the burden of uncertainty of intention, on others. :D

MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:28 pm

I am poised without pause. Js.

Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby Ierrellus » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:28 pm

Sculptor is still spewing out venomous ad homs in the Devolution thread.
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:47 pm

Ierrellus wrote:Sculptor is still spewing out venomous ad homs in the Devolution thread.

Perhaps he wants to be banned.

MagsJ

Postby Ierrellus » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:51 pm

MagsJ wrote:
Ierrellus wrote:Sculptor is still spewing out venomous ad homs in the Devolution thread.

Nah. He equates banning with censorship.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:04 pm

Ierrellus wrote:
MagsJ wrote:

Nah. He equates banning with censorship.

Just throwing his weight around then..?

MagsJ

Postby Ierrellus » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:19 pm

The sad part of this is that he produces a little good scholarship, surrounded by vile opinion of others, It's rant, rant, rant, good stuff, rant, rant, rant.
For me, the rant obscures the good stuff.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:42 pm

I vote we lay off this thread for a while and give him a chance.

Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:57 pm

Ierrellus wrote:The sad part of this is that he produces a little good scholarship, surrounded by vile opinion of others, It's rant, rant, rant, good stuff, rant, rant, rant.

He’s been asked what compels him to descend into that place of ranting, but Sculptor doesn’t seem to want to respond to that inquiry.

Perhaps replying to posts when One is in a lighter mood, would be a better choice to make..?
Easier said than done, though..

MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:37 pm

MagsJ wrote:
Ierrellus wrote:The sad part of this is that he produces a little good scholarship, surrounded by vile opinion of others, It's rant, rant, rant, good stuff, rant, rant, rant.

He’s been asked what compels him to descend into that place of ranting, but Sculptor doesn’t seem to want to respond to that inquiry.

Perhaps replying to posts when One is in a lighter mood, would be a better choice to make..?

I felt that.

Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby Ierrellus » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:17 pm

MagsJ wrote:

He has responded to the rant question by suggesting that he is just being firm. I had a boss once who treated me like shit. In her defense, she said she was only being firm. She was a bitch who hated men.
Ichthus77,
Sculptor has been warned about his inappropriate remarks, more than once. If his style of debate pleases you, welcome to it.
Mention anything about evolution that disagrees with Dawkins' beliefs, and he goes berserk and for the jugular.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:20 pm

I don’t like talking about him as if he’s not here. He knows he’s an ass. He knows we know that people are asses because they’re in pain. So are we just gonna talk shit about him or are we going to ask him why he’s in pain?

Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:06 pm

This forum allows death threats, threats of violence, open advocation domestic terrorism (killing millions of Americans, based on lies)—so Sculptor is small fries, a retard easily dismissed.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:17 pm

Ierrellus wrote:
MagsJ wrote:

He has responded to the rant question by suggesting that he is just being firm. I had a boss once who treated me like shit. In her defense, she said she was only being firm. She was a bitch who hated men.

Being firm, is definitely not the same as treating others badly.. for whatever/any reason that may be.

Changing one’s demeanour isn’t instant, but it does seem to be happening, in his case.. working on himself, like he does on his sculptures. :D

MagsJ

Postby Magnus Anderson » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:17 pm

iambiguous wrote:On the other hand, I'm not for banning them. I kind of like making complete fools out of them.

Is that the purpose of philosophy forums? To make fools out of people?

Sculptor wrote:I am directly criticising those American who all claim to support free speach whilst a that same time supporting a thread to ban someone.

gib wrote:Who exactly are they? I know Magnus wants to ban you but I haven't heard him speak in defense of free speech.

I do think he deserves to be banned, and I do support free speech, but I am not an American (: I think he had Urwrong in mind.

And banning Sculptor is not a violation of his right to free speech. "Freedom of speech" does not mean "freedom to speak whenever, wherever and however you want".

If you're accusing them of hypocrisy, it means you think they want to ban you because they don't like what you say. That's the whole point of the first amendment. The right to free speech isn't a right that trumps all other rights. You can want to ban someone because they're speech violates other rights (or forum rules).

Precisely. And the reason I think he should be banned has nothing to do with his ideas.
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Meta